Help me fellow sherdoggers! I have K1 questions...

Here.

You gotta remember the events your asking for are 20 years old. The Internet was a different world back then. Your normal person couldn't encode 3 hour videos and upload them on the internet. Internet speeds were very low and PC hardware was weak compared to today.

It's probably a cluster fuck on who has ownership of this footage at this point to even release the events professionaly.

oh i remember how the internet used to be, i was born in the early 80s. i just cant believe someone didnt record them with a VCR and then save the VHS tapes, and now that its very easy to upload whatever you want, UPLOAD THE TAPES. lol

someone out there has those tapes. i just know it.

as far as who has ownership of the footage, it cant be that complicated can it? whoever owns K-1 now (EMCOM?), has rights to the footage. why not just release dvd sets and make some extra bucks.

oh i remember how the internet used to be, i was born in the early 80s. i just cant believe someone didnt record them with a VCR and then save the VHS tapes, and now that its very easy to upload whatever you want, UPLOAD THE TAPES. lol

someone out there has those tapes. i just know it.

as far as who has ownership of the footage, it cant be that complicated can it? whoever owns K-1 now (EMCOM?), has rights to the footage. why not just release dvd sets and make some extra bucks.
I think a lot of the ownership is held by the broadcasting companies but I know Glory at some point bought video rights but I believe that was just to be able to use footage not sell it. Someone else may remember the details better than me, but ya it isn't an easy situation. Like I said your best bet is to rip those mp4 files from YouTube that is going to be better quality than anything else that can be produced at this point.

I think a lot of the ownership is held by the broadcasting companies but I know Glory at some point bought video rights but I believe that was just to be able to use footage not sell it. Someone else may remember the details better than me, but ya it isn't an easy situation. Like I said your best bet is to rip those mp4 files from YouTube that is going to be better quality than anything else that can be produced at this point.

youre right. that does seem like my best bet. i think thats what im going to do.

but it would be nice if one day, they would release the full events.

It'd be nice if they made a K-1 GP collection and MAX collection.

Every Final 16 and Final 8 tournament they ever put on, in Blu-Ray.

Luckily alot of it can be found on YouTube.

If Glory really owns the rights to the K-1 library and considering they're in need of money last time I checked, it'd only make sense for them to do this.

there are some nikko sports dvds of the wgp finals between 93-06. they are as close to the full event as you will probably get.

It'd be nice if they made a K-1 GP collection and MAX collection.

Every Final 16 and Final 8 tournament they ever put on, in Blu-Ray.

Luckily alot of it can be found on YouTube.

If Glory really owns the rights to the K-1 library and considering they're in need of money last time I checked, it'd only make sense for them to do this.

exactly. its bad business to not release the events. its easy money to be made.

there are some nikko sports dvds of the wgp finals between 93-06. they are as close to the full event as you will probably get.

nikko sports dvds? do you have a link to them? are they on ebay or can you buy them new?

i have all k-1 max and k-1 GP editions on my HD, i can share it with you if you miss any fight of any year.

most of them i got on the early youtube years,so i have to download some of them again on a nowadays better quality

i have all k-1 max and k-1 GP editions on my HD, i can share it with you if you miss any fight of any year.

most of them i got on the early youtube years,so i have to download some of them again on a nowadays better quality

wow i really appreciate it. im going to keep gathering what i can and ill eventually get of ahold of you whenever i figure out what im missing.

but thank you again really.

Never got knocked out.
My Brother is a much better fighter,
Never.

When you allready considered buying DVDs...you can also just get fightpass...i think they got them since they got Glory or so...

I was lucky and got some from Amazon...93 94 95 and the Max07 gp...(they also got all the other events too but that was a couple years ago...might be gone) all are without commentary but entrances and all the other stuff is included.

Don't think the K-1 footage was ever added to fight pass, I'm not a current subscriber though so not 100% up to date. K-1 basically said they own it all and told Glory and UFC to go f- themselves we'll see you in court if you add them.*

*exaggerated for dramatic effect...but not really

Last edited:
the demise of the original K-1 sometimes still hurts. glory is ok, alot of other promotions are ok.
even the fact that K-1 only had a a few weight classes and thus a bit meh........we all still miss K-1.

it's showtime/glory/kunlun etc etc......it's just not what K-1 was.

Back