Help me fellow sherdoggers! I have K1 questions...

bluesnoopz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First off, thank you for taking your time to read this.

I missed out on most of K1 Grand Prix events back in the day, and now i would like to go back and watch them all in order starting at the beginning in 1993. I know a lot of the fights are on youtube separately but I would prefer to watch the whole event as one file.

I tried to find dvd sets and found basically nothing along the lines of what im looking for. Im not looking for compilation videos of the best fights or something like that, i want FULL GRAND PRIX EVENTS. After i realized that buying dvds may not be the answer, I turned to torrents bc I figured that would be a sure fire way of getting hard to find events...

nope.

I cant find a single torrent of any full k1 event from the 90s.

Im crossing over from mma to kickboxing, and i wanna see some of the greats in their primes like semmy, hoost, aerts, & le banner.

sooooooo.... my question is, do any of you know of a way i could find full events?

i am willing to buy them or download them. I just need an answer.

Any torrent recommendations? are there dvds out there of what im looking for, yet they are just rare and hard to find on places like ebay?

any sugggestions would help. thank you again for your time.

hqdefault.jpg

I always had a hard time finding complete event files, so I would just find all the fights I wanted to see for an event, find the videos individually, then watch them sequentially. Its not ideal but it works and its free.

I always had a hard time finding complete event files, so I would just find all the fights I wanted to see for an event, find the videos individually, then watch them sequentially. Its not ideal but it works and its free.

right, that is my last resort. i just cant believe that events as large as K1 cant be rewatched in full. i feel like someone out there has them recorded on vhs or something, it would be so great to see a good torrent surface.

right, that is my last resort. i just cant believe that events as large as K1 cant be rewatched in full. i feel like someone out there has them recorded on vhs or something, it would be so great to see a good torrent surface.
Most those events would probably be too big to see whole

Some have K-1 on DVDs, see Ebay or somewhere..

Some have K-1 on DVDs, see Ebay or somewhere..

i already checked ebay before i made this thread. the only dvds i found, werent even for my region (USA). and they didnt seem like the whole event, they looked more like compilation highlight videos.

The K-1 YouTube page used to have all these events in damn near HD with the commentary stripped out. They weren't single events but they were the complete show broken down into fights with entrances and everything. Not sure if they are still up tho, I had made a bunch of DVD's from the files back then. Wanna say 5 years ago.

hmmm... well when they aired in the first place, were they not shown in whole?
they was shown in full but we're talking about Japan an event in the US or Europe that would last 2 - 3 hours would go alot longer there.

Dont know about the GPs. You could always look up the foght individually.

Im pretty sure every K1 Max event in their entirety are uploaded however.

Better events imo.

Go to the "K1" YouTube channel and look in the playlist. Doesn't look as complete as it used to be but it's going to be the best quality footage...

Go to the "K1" YouTube channel and look in the playlist. Doesn't look as complete as it used to be but it's going to be the best quality footage...

yeah i subscribed to it, and started ripping videos from their channel. i guess ill have to just keep ripping videos off of youtube and piece these events together myself.

i still cant believe you cant buy them. why not sell them is my question.

Dont know about the GPs. You could always look up the foght individually.

Im pretty sure every K1 Max event in their entirety are uploaded however.

Better events imo.

why do you say they are better events? in what way?

they was shown in full but we're talking about Japan an event in the US or Europe that would last 2 - 3 hours would go alot longer there.

if when they were shown in full originally, you think someone would have recorded them and uploaded them by now.

if when they were shown in full originally, you think someone would have recorded them and uploaded them by now.
there was a website called K-1Fans that use to have them in their video forum but that website isn't around anymore.

there was a website called K-1Fans that use to have them in their video forum but that website isn't around anymore.

i wonder where the people on that website migrated to? lol

i wonder where the people on that website migrated to? lol
Here.

You gotta remember the events your asking for are 20 years old. The Internet was a different world back then. Your normal person couldn't encode 3 hour videos and upload them on the internet. Internet speeds were very low and PC hardware was weak compared to today.

It's probably a cluster fuck on who has ownership of this footage at this point to even release the events professionaly.

Back