Help Explain HW in 2016

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I only casually watch boxing, and when I do I like to watch HWs. I've found this forum to actually be quite helpful and the posters well educated on the sport.

So how has HW boxing been in 2016?

Big stories?

Interesting up-and-comers?

Fighters that did/didn't live up to hype?

Awesome fights?

Etc.

well, the hw scene has been pretty meh. i think the division is definitely thin. i'd say theres only really 4-5 top guys (fury, klitschko, wilder, povetkin)

the major stories of the weight class have been tyson fury upsetting klitschko last year (which they are having a rematch soon) and povetkin recently failing a drug test which caused the cancellation of his wbc championship fight with wilder. also lucas browne defeating chagaev was pretty shocking

best new comer would be anthony joshua

well, the hw scene has been pretty meh. i think the division is definitely thin. i'd say theres only really 4-5 top guys (fury, klitschko, wilder, povetkin)

the major stories of the weight class have been tyson fury upsetting klitschko last year (which they are having a rematch soon) and povetkin recently failing a drug test which caused the cancellation of his wbc championship fight with wilder. also lucas browne defeating chagaev was pretty shocking

best new comer would be anthony joshua

Brownes been suspended for 6 months and striped off the title, Chagaev to keep the belt and fights Oquendo I think, or maybe winner of Ustinov vs Ortiz. WBA is a mind fuck at times.

Brownes been suspended for 6 months and striped off the title, Chagaev to keep the belt and fights Oquendo I think, or maybe winner of Ustinov vs Ortiz. WBA is a mind fuck at times.
yeah, they say the browne test might be a lil fishy though.

and ugh why did povetkin have to fail that test!? ruined a big fight

yeah, they say the browne test might be a lil fishy though.

and ugh why did povetkin have to fail that test!? ruined a big fight

Yeah Browne tried to fight it best he can, passed a lie detector test and proven that he was a clean athlete when he arrived in the country as USADA tested him on arrival.

Unfortunately WBA do not care, 6 month suspension isn't too bad I think he might come back...it's in the hands of his lawyers but I think he is fighting an uphill battle.

No one gives a shit about Browne Chagaev or Oquendo

Fury is entertaining, and brings the laughs...but he lacKS any serious or real talent.

WladIimir is finally in the Twilight of his career and will most likely hang them up soon. His previous performance was an absolute embarrassment

Wilder is interesting in the sense that he's constantly improving. The wilder from 2 years ago is a joke compared to the current one.

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

I was intrigued by Chagaev at one time. Not only was he an undefeated Olympian but he was an Asian fighter with the nickname White Tyson. Sounded more promising than it turned out to be.

I wrote this because i thought it was funny that someone asks about the HW boxing scene, and the first 3 names that come up are Browne Chagaev and Oquendo.
Fury, Klitschko, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Parker are the major players in the HW.

I wrote this because i thought it was funny that someone asks about the HW boxing scene, and the first 3 names that come up are Browne Chagaev and Oquendo.
Fury, Klitschko, Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz, Parker are the major players in the HW.

No one really gives a shit about most HW's, do you know of many die hard Anthony Joshua or Parker fans ? And for better or worse, Browne is just as relevant if not more so than Parker.

What would you eat tho?

Ea7Y_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Back