Help developing an S&C regimen for BJJ without squats.

You are being ridiculous dude. You pick one element of each comment, decide to have a problem with it, and when I come back with completely valid counters you switch your position. This is the strength & conditioning section of an MMA forum. He asked the question and the discussion was had at a completely appropriate place.
He said he has an injury and wants to exercise. You recommended a treatment. No bueno. That's my position, it's been consistent. If you think it's a good idea to get or give medical advice on an mma forum, go ahead and say so.

My answer to TS is to see a doctor. Also my consistent and only position.

He said he has an injury and wants to exercise. You recommended a treatment. No bueno. That's my position, it's been consistent. If you think it's a good idea to get or give medical advice on an mma forum, go ahead and say so.

My answer to TS is to see a doctor. Also my consistent and only position.
Im sorry dude, but youre ridiculous. Youre ignoring the part where I pointed him to a doctor and taking my recommendation for stretching and a few exercises as treatment. I didn't say do ultrasound and massage 3x a week and then have your knee scoped. He asked for exercise and I offered just that.

A stitch in time saves nine.

If I were in your position and wanting to carry on all that activity I'd see a doctor before strategizing and trying to work around an injury. Make sure you know what's wrong first.

I've been dumb on more than one occasion thinking I had a low grade separated shoulder as I had the same injury years earlier. It didn't seem as bad and I did what every stubborn dope does and played Google doctor for my own self diagnosis.

After about a month I thought I would be good to go. I went to hang from a chin up bar and the only way to describe the sensation was that it felt like tissue was tearing similar to a fruit roll up being torn apart. It didn't hurt but insantly knew this was not good at all.

The sooner you get looked at the sooner you can get things on the right course.

Im sorry dude, but youre ridiculous. Youre ignoring the part where I pointed him to a doctor and taking my recommendation for stretching and a few exercises as treatment. I didn't say do ultrasound and massage 3x a week and then have your knee scoped. He asked for exercise and I offered just that.

He said, I'll paraphrase, "I'm injured, give me an exercise."

The correct response is "No, go see a doctor."

Your response was not that. If you took any type of medical training whatsoever, you should know better. If he follows your advice and ends up hurt worse, that's on you. I'm done trying to reason with you in this thread.

He said, I'll paraphrase, "I'm injured, give me an exercise."

The correct response is "No, go see a doctor."

Your response was not that. If you took any type of medical training whatsoever, you should know better. If he follows your advice and ends up hurt worse, that's on you. I'm done trying to reason with you in this thread.

"And of course I wouldn't recommend taking my advice instead of consulting a doctor or PT, but it can be a good place to start for fanboysareevil."

This was my 2nd post. If it bothers you that bad report me or something. The OP can decide for himself.

"And of course I wouldn't recommend taking my advice instead of consulting a doctor or PT, but it can be a good place to start for fanboysareevil."

This was my 2nd post. If it bothers you that bad report me or something. The OP can decide for himself.

So you agree with me? Then why are you arguing and calling me ridiculous? If you made a mistake, edit it.

So you agree with me? Then why are you arguing and calling me ridiculous? If you made a mistake, edit it.

No I don't agree. My point is, I did suggest a doctor. And I called you ridiculous bc every point of yours that I effectively countered with a better point you just ignored. And I recommended exercises, not treatment. I am qualified to do so. The OP is welcome to ignore it. He also hasn't received a diagnosis yet, so nothing I suggested can be misconstrued as treatment.

No I don't agree. My point is, I did suggest a doctor. And I called you ridiculous bc every point of yours that I effectively countered with a better point you just ignored. And I recommended exercises, not treatment. I am qualified to do so. The OP is welcome to ignore it. He also hasn't received a diagnosis yet, so nothing I suggested can be misconstrued as treatment.

You are qualified to recommend exercises to injured people you haven't met who describe undiagnosed injuries to you online?

You are qualified to recommend exercises to injured people you haven't met who describe undiagnosed injuries to you online?

See again, u ignore everything else I said and go in another direction. Have fun policing the forums bro. I hope you get paid well for it.

Dude, go see a professional and find out what's wrong. Even just a physiotherapist would be a start and won't cost much.

In the meantime just don't do anything that hurts it, either during exercise or afterwards. Only you will know. I'm finding it hard to recommend a leg exercise that doesn't stress the knee. They all do but in different ways.

Back