Help Appreciated: Giving Low Carb Paleo a Try.

7/26. 7/27. 7/28:

Had tickets for concerts on each of the first two nights. Decided I would stay to my diet but have a few drinks. Usually doesn't work out well for me, once I start having fun and get a little buzz I keep drinking. Anyways got really drunk the first night and thats putting it lightly. Threw up, the whole 9 yards.. Woke up the next day with a fucking Hemorrhoid! I've only had one of these one other time in my life and these things fucking suck. I researched it and I think this one might be related to liver stress from all the drinking. Also could be from yelling really loud ? Hahaha. In either case its a lot of pain.

Second Night got pretty drunk, did stupid stuff. passed out.

Third day felt like death obviously. Between the absurd hangover and the hemorrhoid, the 11 hour work day was a god awful day.

So Now I've sworn of alcohol for 3 months minimum. Have 0 desire to drink anymore. Was getting to that point before those two days and am definitely there now. If alcohol somehow causes a Hemorrhoid I never want to drink it anymore cause these things are absurdly painful!! It's huge!!!

TMI?

7-29

sleep: was exhausted from the previous 3 day binge, but still stayed up till like 12. Fell asleep quickly.
Had a pre bed snack and a hot epsom salt bath before that.

breakfast:
bowl of carrots
8 eggs with 2 big green peppers and an onion
fish oil
8 slices bacon

dinner:
ground beef stir fried with some veggies

snack:
6 slices bacon
bowl of romaine with vinegar

I'd like to note that today I figured out you can cook bacon in the oven. It doesn't taste quite as good, but this is going to save me 20+ minutes a day between the mess and the flipping and the only cookin 4 slices at a time. And the popping of the bacon grease.

Pretty happy about that!!!!

It should only take you 10 minutes tops to cook bacon, do you use really thick slices or just cook it low?

I cook strips beef bacon, which is a little thicker and more robust than pork bacon, in under 10 mins.

I cook my bacon on about 6 out of 10. Pan only holds 4 at a time, gotta wait for all 4 to finish before I can put a new 4 in because I gotta empty all the grease out otherwise it spatters all over. Plus you have to attend to it constantly with all the flipping. With the oven you just put it on a pan, stick it in, turn the pan around halfway through to make sure its even, and thats that.

I was exaggerating on the 20 minutes though. It does take me forever to cook bacon feels like.

I cook my bacon on about 6 out of 10. Pan only holds 4 at a time, gotta wait for all 4 to finish before I can put a new 4 in because I gotta empty all the grease out otherwise it spatters all over. Plus you have to attend to it constantly with all the flipping. With the oven you just put it on a pan, stick it in, turn the pan around halfway through to make sure its even, and thats that.

I was exaggerating on the 20 minutes though. It does take me forever to cook bacon feels like.

You should really invest in a griddle. They are very cheap and very convenient for cooking a quick breakfast as they can hold a lot more than 4 strips of bacon.

You should really invest in a griddle. They are very cheap and very convenient for cooking a quick breakfast as they can hold a lot more than 4 strips of bacon.

Those things are like a george foreman grill?

I think I got the problem under wraps now with the oven thing. So convenient.

7-30

sleep: fell asleep quickly last night again. Past 2 nights I been taking hot baths due to a personal issue...
then having a snack. Then reading till tired and falling asleep quick once I get in bed. Also been going to bed
kind of late these two nights. Was after 12 again last night. Woke up before alarm which was at 9 and was kinda in that
half asleep mode till alarm went off.

morning weight: 167.2

breakfast:
8 eggs + 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 small onion
bowl of watermelon
bowl of romaine lettuce+vineger
8 slices bacon
half can coconut milk

dinner:
beef stiry fry with some veggie and yellow squash

snack:
bowl of greens + vinegar
fish oil

7-31

sleep: had a bath again then read till tired, fell asleep quickly around 1215-1230. Last night pops wasn't in the living
room with the tv on loud so didnt have that noise or the light shining under my door. Felt good, could be disturbing my
sleep regularly but its aways been like that so didnt notice. Woke up kinda in the morning a lot of light gets in my room
so if I sleep late it seems to be kinda half sleepish. Out of bed just after 9

Breakfast:
bowl of greens + vinegar
bowl of carrots
8 eggs + 3 onions
9 slices bacon
fish oil

dinner:
this recipe:
Catalyst Athletics: Free Recipes

with some slight modifications.
Used rague pizza sauce which definitely has some trash in it.

snack:
6 slices bacon
half can coconut milk

I love bacon.

yesterday I felt pretty good, but today I felt kind of sluggish in the afternoon and my sinuses may have been running a little bit
so i tried to deduce what might be different.

-Did not spend any time outside today (spent 30 min in direct sun day before)
-Did not have coconut milk with breakfast
-Did not immediately get out of bed and get going like day before
-May have woke up to piss an extra time during the night.
-Mom has been walking around talking about something is changing in the air because her allergies flared up.
I get this problem sometimes (not since starting Paleo) so maybe it was a reaction to that. This seems likely

8-1

Sleep: Fell asleep sometime after midnight didn't take real long. Up before alarm went off (set for 9). Had a snack close to
bed time again and the hot bath again.

Breakfast:
6 Eggs
9 slices bacon
bowl of greens + vinegar
fish oil

dinner:
steak stir fry
half can coconut milk

snack:
half can coconut milk
5 slices bacon

I think the energy thing from the day before might have been because I didnt have any significant source of energy (carbs or fats)
Today I felt good.

8-2

sleep: bath and snack at night again. Read till sleep, fell asleep fairly quickly. Liking this routine

So Today I work 11 hours continously with no designated break time and was by myself so I didn't really sit down
and have a legit meal. So I'll say I grazed all day and had this total:

9 slices bacon
7 eggs
tons of carrots
2/3 can coconut milk
4 med size chicken breasts w/spices
6 more slices bacon

not much calorie today. Bad. Good thing not working out heavily right now.

8-3

can't really remember but nothing out of the ordinary.

8-4

sleep: had a meal close to bedtime again, this seems to be helpful. Fell asleep in decent enough time. Pretty sure
I got 8 and woke up ten minutes before the alarm. Felt great.

breakfast:
tons of carrots
8 slices bacon
a .75lb steak
fish oil

dinner (post workout):
ground beef stir fry
sweet potato
2/3 cup walnuts
fish oil

snack:
.75lb steak

how do you decide when to eat sweet potatoes? and how do they fit into your diet?

how do you decide when to eat sweet potatoes? and how do they fit into your diet?

Sorry for intruding (I follow this routinely whilst never posting lol) but I would hazard a guess that sweet potatoes get thrown in to aid in glycogen repletion and aid recovery as they are part of a POST workout meal. *I think anyway lol*

On a paleo diet traditional carbs/grains used to replete glycogen are frowned upon. Tubers are used instead. Sweet potatoes and yam's mostly!

Yea I eat sweet potatoes post workout mostly. And it isn't really necessary to have them, but from what I've learned on it, if you do not consume many carbs it is a little slower to replenish glycogen. So if performance is a big concern sweet potatoes/yams post workout.

I bake mine in the oven then put cinnamon on them. They are great like that. I'm gonna go cook one now.

Back