Help adjusting Pablo Popvitch's diet (Questions)

Anything with fat that I could take out to school and eat in the mornings? I'm not sure what's higher in fat other than steaks and other meats.

Nuts, olives, hard boiled eggs, avocados, etc etc

Are cashews, meat, and hard boiled eggs not enough fat?

Depends on how much of it you eat really. This is why accurately calculating your caloric and macro intake using fitay (or equivalent) is important for a while. That way you'll always know roughly how much you eat. Soon you'll know your diet even without logging it.

So other than a possible lack of fat, is the plan I posted more reasonable than what I was doing?

bump. keep in mind pablo trains 2 or 3 times a day on average. if you arent doing that the diet may not be for you.

I was given a diet by a registered dietician he was pretty awesome. This is what I do. This is my base diet if I am not working out and if I am I will add the variations after.

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup of cooked quaker oat meal, 2 spoons of splenda, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 serving of chocolate protein. It tastes like a chocolate oatmeal cookie. YUM

Meal 2 - 1 cup of yogurt and a bannana

Meal 3 - Chicken breast sandwich or chicken salad sandwich or tuna salad sandwich or turkey burger or salmon burger or 6 inch subway spicy italian no dressing or 3 taco bell chicken soft fresco tacos or chicken salad or egg salad sandwich.

I have a lot of options for meal 3 which is my lunch and its bassically I am making myself a sandwich or I am finding myself a fast food alternatives that meets my needs. I usually go with subway or taco bell because both of their alternatives give me what I need. I use sara lee 45 calories and delightful break when making my sandwich and low fat mayo all sandwiches give me 250 calories and if I eat out I ingest a little more but I make up for it by substituting my next snack with rice cakes.

Meal 4: Yogurt and carrots or 2 rice cakes

Meal 5: one of the sandwiches mentioned above

Dinner: If I ate subway I usually get the 5 dollar foot longs eat one half for lunch and the other half for dinner. If I didnt I have one of the following dinners.

7 oz of chicken with half cup of greens and a half cup of brown rice. 7 oz of baked steak with the same sides. A Big chicken salad with some brown rice on the side. 6 oz of tuna steak with the same sides.

Here are some variations to it. If I work out in the morning within a hour of waking up I will eat my breakfast post work out and pre work out I will have 2 peices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter on it. Getting some carbs protein and fats in pre work out to have available for me.

If I do jiu jitsu at night or any type of combat sports or crossfit I will eat within 15 minuts of finishing my work out. I will end up eating 1 serving of sweet fruit like a green apple and yogurt. depending on how hard of the work out I will substitute yogurt got 2 percent chocolate milk. I do this immediately after any work out that happens after breakfast.

Also if I have worked out during the day and I feel I need more food and my stomache is rumbeling and causing a comotion then I will add in a sandwich to get an extra 250 calories in on my work out days. If at dinner time when I finish eating I feel I need more I will throw in an additional 3 oz of meat in.

If after dinner I am still hungry I will eat 1 - 2 rice cakes as a stfu already final snack. I gain and lose weight often. I can go from 210 to 188 in a month using this diet and it works for me. I have lost 22 pounds consistently using this. I am usually 185 - 188 for half the year but at my old job when work picked up I would be working long hours and could not work out and would seek out comfort food ie mcdonalds and burger king to help me deal with the stress because I am a stress eater. I can go from 185 to 210 in 6 weeks and then stay there happily for another 6 weeks because i love being fat.

When work would settle down i would go back to the gym realize how shitty I am and get back down to weight stat

That diet isn't really good at all. Glad it helps you lose weight, but its not an ideal diet by a long shot. It relies heavily on grains and carbs and contains little protein and fat and virtually no vegetables.

At least it works I guess.

That diet isn't really good at all. Glad it helps you lose weight, but its not an ideal diet by a long shot. It relies heavily on grains and carbs and contains little protein and fat and virtually no vegetables.

At least it works I guess.

which diet were you looking at? you get plenty of omega 3 from the olive oil he recommends to use, lots of protein and plenty of vegetables. its pretty good

As madmick said in the gracie diet thread...learn submissions from the gracies, learn about diets from dietitians.

99.99999999999999999999% of dietitians haven't got a clue.
These are the same people who advocate low fat, high carb diets (despite opposing research...and evolution) even to diabetics.

There are a minority who bother to read actual current research and don't spout the same awful lies from their dietetics "bible".

Awful, awful "professionals".

I was given a diet by a registered dietician he was pretty awesome. This is what I do. This is my base diet if I am not working out and if I am I will add the variations after.

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup of cooked quaker oat meal, 2 spoons of splenda, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 serving of chocolate protein. It tastes like a chocolate oatmeal cookie. YUM

Meal 2 - 1 cup of yogurt and a bannana

Meal 3 - Chicken breast sandwich or chicken salad sandwich or tuna salad sandwich or turkey burger or salmon burger or 6 inch subway spicy italian no dressing or 3 taco bell chicken soft fresco tacos or chicken salad or egg salad sandwich.

I have a lot of options for meal 3 which is my lunch and its bassically I am making myself a sandwich or I am finding myself a fast food alternatives that meets my needs. I usually go with subway or taco bell because both of their alternatives give me what I need. I use sara lee 45 calories and delightful break when making my sandwich and low fat mayo all sandwiches give me 250 calories and if I eat out I ingest a little more but I make up for it by substituting my next snack with rice cakes.

Meal 4: Yogurt and carrots or 2 rice cakes

Meal 5: one of the sandwiches mentioned above

Dinner: If I ate subway I usually get the 5 dollar foot longs eat one half for lunch and the other half for dinner. If I didnt I have one of the following dinners.

7 oz of chicken with half cup of greens and a half cup of brown rice. 7 oz of baked steak with the same sides. A Big chicken salad with some brown rice on the side. 6 oz of tuna steak with the same sides.

Here are some variations to it. If I work out in the morning within a hour of waking up I will eat my breakfast post work out and pre work out I will have 2 peices of whole wheat bread with peanut butter on it. Getting some carbs protein and fats in pre work out to have available for me.

If I do jiu jitsu at night or any type of combat sports or crossfit I will eat within 15 minuts of finishing my work out. I will end up eating 1 serving of sweet fruit like a green apple and yogurt. depending on how hard of the work out I will substitute yogurt got 2 percent chocolate milk. I do this immediately after any work out that happens after breakfast.

Also if I have worked out during the day and I feel I need more food and my stomache is rumbeling and causing a comotion then I will add in a sandwich to get an extra 250 calories in on my work out days. If at dinner time when I finish eating I feel I need more I will throw in an additional 3 oz of meat in.

If after dinner I am still hungry I will eat 1 - 2 rice cakes as a stfu already final snack. I gain and lose weight often. I can go from 210 to 188 in a month using this diet and it works for me. I have lost 22 pounds consistently using this. I am usually 185 - 188 for half the year but at my old job when work picked up I would be working long hours and could not work out and would seek out comfort food ie mcdonalds and burger king to help me deal with the stress because I am a stress eater. I can go from 185 to 210 in 6 weeks and then stay there happily for another 6 weeks because i love being fat.

When work would settle down i would go back to the gym realize how shitty I am and get back down to weight stat

You eat a shit ton of sugar.

which diet were you looking at? you get plenty of omega 3 from the olive oil he recommends to use, lots of protein and plenty of vegetables. its pretty good

First of all, why would you bump this old thread for a nonsensical post like this?

What diet are you talking about? I was referring to the one posted above my post. Its terrible.

And pablo's isn't great. And relying on olive oil to get omega 3s isn't ideal at all. It has too high of a ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 (and not enough epa/dha).

So please don't say its pretty good if you're not sure about what you're saying.

Back