Hell In A Cell 2018 PPV Discussion

They big spots weren't even that big, or special.

IF they really wanted to make Braun the heel, they should have had Lesnar F5 Reigns a bunch of times, leave, and then have Braun recover and pin Roman.
They ain't putting that belt on Strowman anytime soon and him pinning Reigns isn't going to make him heel.

m96jjd.jpg

@WaylonMercy5150

https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/default.cfm?bandid=248999

full.jpg

<5> ... <36>.

A grand total of 1 main card match ended with the legal participant hitting their finisher to win (Joe got close to making it two).
- Orton pins Jeff when he fucked up a splash
- Becky pins Charlotte after Charlotte hits her with a spear and she falls on top
- Dolph pins Seth after Drew hits Seth and he falls on top
- AJ is submitted by Joe but ref blows the call
- Maryse with the dreaded cheating diva roll-up on Brie
- Ronda submits Alexa with an armbar
- Roman and Braun take nap

A grand total of 1 main card match ended with the legal participant hitting their finisher to win (Joe got close to making it two).
- Orton pins Jeff when he fucked up a splash
- Becky pins Charlotte after Charlotte hits her with a spear and she falls on top
- Dolph pins Seth after Drew hits Seth and he falls on top
- AJ is submitted by Joe but ref blows the call
- Maryse with the dreaded cheating diva roll-up on Brie
- Ronda submits Alexa with an
- Roman and Braun take nap
I think that’s fine overall. Matches don’t have to end on a finisher

I think that’s fine overall. Matches don’t have to end on a finisher
It’s true. One of the greatest matches of all time ended by an attempted body slam reversed into a small package.

Obligatory table bump telegraphed for 10 minutes. Then a non-finish. The need to think of giving the cell a rest and only breaking it out when they actually have an idea for how to use it.

The first Hell in a Cell was a great match and completely new.

The second had a lot of seemingly spontaneous, and shocking violence.

Both were highly entertaining, intense and unpredictable.

Everything else has either been toned down to the point where the Cell means nothing, or has overly choreographed stunts that take forever to blatantly set up, thus ruining the psychology behind it.

So everything after the first two either feels like a let-down or a poor imitation.

Mickey James is a great seller. Alicia Fox is dressed by RuPaul. Honda is the Lou Thesz of Women's Wrestling.

Did like the red cage

Sick of brock never want to see him again and was just getting used to him being gone

No one should climb up the cage and then halfway back down to take a bump .... Take the crazy bump of just cuddle up top but that half way down spot is fucking gay

I swear I cant believe I am disappointed even when I called the end earlier

Yeh, Shawn Michaels did that and that night it looked amazing but going back to it time again just makes things more predictable.

Yeh, Shawn Michaels did that and that night it looked amazing but going back to it time again just makes things more predictable.

Also

Shawn made all things look amazing. Ziggler and Seth have both been compared but last night proved that nothing beats the real thing

I don't hate RR like some do but I can't lie, when he's on screen I can't keep my phone in my pocket and I'm fidgeting with it.

Also

Shawn made all things look amazing. Ziggler and Seth have both been compared but last night proved that nothing beats the real thing

Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins are impressive in their own way but comparing either to Shawn is unfair on them.

Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins are impressive in their own way but comparing either to Shawn is unfair on them.
I would agree if it wasnt for the fact they steal his moves, his look, and ziggler is basically tge same gimmick.

They both ruined the super kick, fuck em

Just finished the show.

Hardy vs Orton
The red cell looks really dumb.
These big spots look so contrived and fake and take forever to set up. Orton standing around twiddling his ass for Jeff to do the surf board...the superplex taking 2 years to get going...Orton getting off the table a full swing before Jeff let's go and decides, well fuck I might as well fall now. This was boring. it doesn't help matches like this when the announcers can't convey emotional investment in what they are watching.

Charlotte vs Becky
The women are so awesome and their matches are just as good as the guys if not better...
<{cruzshake}>
This was slow, sloppy, and awkward...and the ending was really dumb. Spear into a roll up...that's new and should never be used again because it sucked.

Most of Shield vs Drew and Dolph
The only remotely interesting thing is this match is Drew. He deserves better. Match was decent...there's just no real reason to care about anyone involved when they're treating as clear second tier guys.

AJ vs Joe

This match was good...they went at it like people who actually dislike each other. That said...I hate the sleeper into the roll up pin finish...they've done it with Joe way too many times...and I hate the he tapped while I was pinned finish...so I really hated combining them into one. They've done two screwing finishes in a row now...one is ok, but this should have been a clean finish. See my previous comments on announcing.

Bryan and Hoe Twin Wife 2 vs Miz and Hoe French Wife
Brie and Maryse both suck, so them were guaranteed to be involve in the finish and drag this down. They did not disappoint.
<{hughesimpress}>
Next!

Ronda vs Bliss
<{cruzshake}>

Next!

Roman vs Braun
We've seen this before...I'm bored with it. Hey...let' take a nap for 10 minutes so most of shield and Drew and Dolph can fight some more and do the HBK Cell spot that we've seen 8000 times...diminishing returns...what's that?
The only entertaining part of this was Brock. I love how everyone whined and moan about how much Brock sucked when he was champ...and now they're cheering like school kids...suplex city...suplex city!

This was a boring show...1 good match...1 decent match...and tons of wasted potential.

Back