Helio Gracie’s Grandson Ryron Meets Masahiko Kimura’s Grandson

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
gracie-kimura.jpg

On October 23rd, 1951 Legends Masahiko Kimura and Helio Gracie fought in Brazil. Today 65 years later, their grandsons Ryron Gracie and Andrew Sato met at Ryron’s seminar in Hawaii. Coincidence?

Andrew Sato grew up not knowing his birth father. Last month, his wife was able to find out who his birth father was, and Andrew father was the son of the legendary Masahiko Kimura.

Sato stated on his Facebook:

I want to thank my amazing wife, for sharing some pretty big news with me today of her connecting with my birth father and the family I never knew my entire life.
Not that many (or none really) know this, but I was born with the last name ‘Kimura’ which was given to me by my birth father. Also, just learned about and that my grandfather was someone highly respected named Masahiko Kimura.
Here is the historic meeting between Ryron Gracie and Andrew Sato Kimura:

In 1949, after winning multiple fights against boxers, wrestlers and savate fighters in Europe, Kimura and his troupe formed by judoka Toshio Yamaguchi and Yukio Kato went to Brazil after an invitation by Hélio Gracie of the Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Gracie challenged them to a match under what would be known as the “Gracie Rules”, in which throws and pins would not count towards victory, with only submission or loss of consciousness. This played against judo rules in which pins and throws can award someone a victory, but they accepted nonetheless. Kato was the first to accept the challenge, drawing with Hélio Gracie in their match at the Maracana stadium. However, he lost to Gracie by gi choke in the rematch at the Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo. Hélio proposed to continue with the challenge, and Yamaguchi appointed himself the next to fight. Kimura, however, volunteered to fight in his place.

masahiko-kimura-helio-gracie.jpg

Sounds like Ryron would beat the shit out of him.

this is beyond amazing. warmed my heart.

so kimura didnt pass on his knowledge to his kids, but helio did so who's the real winner?

I hope the Gracies in Hawaii(Relson & co.) teach Kimura's great grandson for free. The ship has sailed for the the grandson.

Come to our side. It was lol & cringe worthy at the same time.

ryron is probably arranging the marriage between sato's son and his daughter now.

Back