Heavyweight tourney in their primes

11135.jpg

Fedor is the GOAT but the level of mma wrestling is way better now than it was in his prime. DC and Cain are awful matchups for him as long as they commit to their wrestling.

Comes down to Fedor/DC

Fedor lights up DC on the feet to a unan decision, or DC over commits to a slam/td and winds up in an armbar

I think Emelianenko takes out Randy with some difficulty. But Cain Velasquez versus DC whoever comes out of that fight comes out compromise making it an easy night for fedor.

Prime Cain (Sea Level) is too much for any of those heavyweights. He was just relentless with really good wrestling, decent striking, and ultimate ground and pound. Oh and add to that Tony Ferguson like pressure.

Yes ducked. Entered a tournament, when they could have just had a fight multiple times before.
{<doc}

Alistair Overeem Not Interested in Fedor Fight, Decides to Fight for K-1 in October
By Ariel Helwani@arielhelwani Aug 25, 2010, 6:19pm EDTSHARE
overeemsmile21.png
On Wednesday afternoon, M-1 Global released a statement in which Fedor Emelianenko was quoted as saying that he now wanted to fight Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem sooner rather than later.

But when MMA Fighting spoke to Overeem shortly thereafter, he said he had no interest in fighting anyone other than Fabricio Werdum under the Strikeforce banner, and that his next fight will be for K-1 in October.

A transcript of our conversation is below.

Ariel Helwani: Emelianenko has now said that he would like to fight you by the end of the year. Is that possible at this point?

Alistair Overeem:
No, unfortunately not. The reason is because if I enter the Final 16 and win, I will fight the K-1 Final in December. My decision was made because nothing was certain and Strikeforce and M-1 didn't act fast enough when I made my decision to start K-1 training.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08...ot-interested-in-fedor-fight-decides-to-fight

And there’s that.

The edge Fedor has over Cain, DC, Randy is speed and his submission game. I can’t help but think that Fedor could arm bar any of those 3 at any given time regardless of how the fight may be going up to that point. Do any of those 3 have better control on the ground than Coleman, Randleman, or Nog (when he was on top for brief moments in his trilogy with Fedor)? I don’t think so although they (Cain, DC, Randy) were much better in many other areas (compared to Coleman, Randleman, Nog).

{<doc}

Alistair Overeem Not Interested in Fedor Fight, Decides to Fight for K-1 in October
By Ariel Helwani@arielhelwani Aug 25, 2010, 6:19pm EDTSHARE
overeemsmile21.png
On Wednesday afternoon, M-1 Global released a statement in which Fedor Emelianenko was quoted as saying that he now wanted to fight Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem sooner rather than later.

But when MMA Fighting spoke to Overeem shortly thereafter, he said he had no interest in fighting anyone other than Fabricio Werdum under the Strikeforce banner, and that his next fight will be for K-1 in October.

A transcript of our conversation is below.

Ariel Helwani: Emelianenko has now said that he would like to fight you by the end of the year. Is that possible at this point?

Alistair Overeem:
No, unfortunately not. The reason is because if I enter the Final 16 and win, I will fight the K-1 Final in December. My decision was made because nothing was certain and Strikeforce and M-1 didn't act fast enough when I made my decision to start K-1 training.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08...ot-interested-in-fedor-fight-decides-to-fight
Post that shit all you want. He called him out multiple times. After cro cop to his face. Fedor nuthuggers... Smh

Why is Randy in this equation? Most overrated champ ever.

And there’s that.

The edge Fedor has over Cain, DC, Randy is speed and his submission game. I can’t help but think that Fedor could arm bar any of those 3 at any given time regardless of how the fight may be going up to that point. Do any of those 3 have better control on the ground than Coleman, Randleman, or Nog (when he was on top for brief moments in his trilogy with Fedor)? I don’t think so although they (Cain, DC, Randy) were much better in many other areas (compared to Coleman, Randleman, Nog).

Lol at comparing DC to Randleman or Coleman. Are you really going to pretend like they weren't subbed tons of times? Like their submission game was anywhere near his?

In a few years time threads will include

images

Back