Heavyweight contender Dereck Chisora has signed a promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Heavyweight contender Dereck Chisora has signed a promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing, Hearn announced Wednesday.

The 33-year-old Chisora (26-7, 18 KOs), of England, is due to challenge European heavyweight champion Agit Kabayel (16-0, 12 KOs), 24, of Germany, on a date to be determined in November in a bid to regain that title.

Chisora, however, will warm up for the assignment with his first fight with Matchroom Boxing on Sept. 30. He will face an opponent to be determined in a six-round bout on the undercard of the Paul Butler-Stuart Hall bantamweight world title elimination fight at Echo Arena in Liverpool, England.

"I'm pleased to welcome Dereck to the team and look forward to being involved in some big fights with him over the next year," Hearn said. "You know what you are going to get with 'Del Boy,' plenty of drama and a load of heart."

Chisora has been out of the ring since losing a wildly exciting split decision to countryman Dillian Whyte in December. The fifth round of that fight was the 2016 ESPN.com round of the year.

In 2012, Chisora challenged then-world titleholder Vitali Klitschko and lost by wide decision.

"I'm looking forward to getting back in the ring after a frustrating period of injury, starting in Liverpool next Saturday," Chisora said. "Then we are going to win the European title in November, and then I'm going to punish that punk Dillian Whyte [in rematch] and move on to a shot at the world title."

Added Hearn: "[Chisora] will return to action in Liverpool and challenge for the European title [in] November. We will work towards a Whyte rematch for early next year. It's a fight that I think boxing needs to see again."

Espn

Hmm. I guess its a good idea

Provided he beats kabayel i see no reason why he can't still be a top ten guy

Hijinx to follow.

He is an absolute nutter and should not be getting punched in the head for a living.

Hijinx to follow.

He is an absolute nutter and should not be getting punched in the head for a living.
yeah hes pretty out there. I recently watched the Whyte-Chisora face off sit down thing that they do.

Whyte is out there but Chisora is fuckin insane lol

At this point Chisora is about as relevant as Tom Dallas.

Wins a fight against a journeymen and then he gets a crack at AJ as a stay busy fight for Joshua.

I bet.

(I'm probably wrong)

Good for Del-boy, should make a bit more money with matchroom as his career winds down.

Back