Heavy weight division feels fun again

Lets nots forget Dong. He gonna break out in 2016.
Dong is poised to explode in 2016. When Dong gets his big money shot, I doubt any of the belt holders will be licking their chops to be on the recieving end.

Whether the division is ready or not, Dong's coming.

Dong is poised to explode in 2016. When Dong gets his big money shot, I doubt any of the belt holders will be licking their chops to be on the recieving end.

Ha-ha, you sound like senri talking about a black fighter.

I'd like to hear Senri's opinion on the Dong.

This forum never fails to entertain.

"Shael likes this"

"Shael likes this"

XVcP0Wd.gif

YES, YEEEESSSSSS

latest

Last edited:
This whole thing started with you calling Anthony Joshua a new and improved version of Lennox Lewis. You're getting torn apart because that's rather plainly a ridiculous thing to say at this point. When faced with this, you've retreated to claiming that they were similarly dominant over their first 15 fights as they built their records up against nobodies as if this was some significant point that justified your original statement. Simply put, it doesn't seeing as there have been tons of fighters over the years, many who turned out to be nothing remotely special, who started their careers with unbeaten records over nobodies. No one here is arguing that Joshua doesn't have at least some real potential, but claiming he's a new and improved version of one of the greatest HWs of all time would require Joshua showing just a tad more than he has to date.

Failing actual achievements, perhaps you could begin to justify the statement by comparing their skillsets and showing us where Joshua is clearly Lewis' superior. Again, it's pretty clear to most that have watched boxing for any amount of time that for all of Joshua's significant physical gifts, he hasn't hinted at being nearly as skilled as Lennox Lewis in more or less any facet of boxing. Basically, it's probably best to take a knee here and move on.
I already went over the things Joshua is doing now that Lewis didnt .You can circle jerk all you like two things are important here as well knowing what you are watching on video and reading posts correctly .I f you cant see Joshua skill sets now than your clearly not studying him which nobody does on here and thats actually study the top guys instead of watching them once per fight and thinking they saw everything ,it doesn't work like that.As stated Joshua is champion material right now and within 2 fights is easily ready for a title shot if his management went that route .....sorry but Lewis was not at that level per fight ,i think both have equal talents elsewherer if you add them up but that would have to be more of the older Lewis .I think you need to watch Lewis vs Bruno fight and see just how this fight would go down if both fought in their 15tth fight !

Gary Mason was ranked 5th in the World by the WBC when he fought Lewis

far superior opposition than anyone Joshua has faced so far

/end

Gary Mason was ranked 5th in the World by the WBC when he fought Lewis

far superior opposition than anyone Joshua has faced so far

/end
Mason had a detached retina surgery when he fought Lewis...his best days were long gone as he didn't age well and his best win was Biggs...so you can claim he is better but that's just a claim he fought really no top ranked u.s boxers other than Biggs who himself was going down hill along with Tillis who only showed up half the time in actual shape.

Mason had a detached retina surgery when he fought Lewis...his best days were long gone as he didn't age well and his best win was Biggs...so you can claim he is better but that's just a claim he fought really no top ranked u.s boxers other than Biggs who himself was going down hill along with Tillis who only showed up half the time in actual shape.

unbeaten ranked number 5 with the WBC, yet his days were long gone.....

please fuck off

I already went over the things Joshua is doing now that Lewis didnt .You can circle jerk all you like two things are important here as well knowing what you are watching on video and reading posts correctly .I f you cant see Joshua skill sets now than your clearly not studying him which nobody does on here and thats actually study the top guys instead of watching them once per fight and thinking they saw everything ,it doesn't work like that.As stated Joshua is champion material right now and within 2 fights is easily ready for a title shot if his management went that route .....sorry but Lewis was not at that level per fight ,i think both have equal talents elsewherer if you add them up but that would have to be more of the older Lewis .I think you need to watch Lewis vs Bruno fight and see just how this fight would go down if both fought in their 15tth fight !

I don't think I'd favour one HW who is active right now over Frank Bruno (maybe Fury). Are you suggesting that Anthony Joshua has shown enough to suggest to you that he'd run over a prime Frank Bruno right at this moment?

Look at Vatlili face at the 16 mark

He was PIssed. aint no one bringing that type of meaness into the ring with the today.

lol at Klitcshko vs Fury being a "hot fight." It was universally panned as one of the worst HW title fights in this history of the sport.
Yeah, there is plenty of evidence that fans have cooled on the HW division for some time and there is even more that fans don't really care for the Klitschko's style. What evidence do you need? People haven't enjoyed HW boxing for some time now.

In terms of fun fights, I'd rather have seen Sam Peter and Chris Arreola fight each other than to see them fight Wlad and Vitali, respectively, and most everyone would agree that those would have been more exciting match ups.

Your trolling is sort of sucky and is getting old already. No one enjoys watching Wlad fight and to pretend you don't understand that or haven't noticed it like its some whacky idea that I just came up with seems unnecessary. Wlad losing to Fury was the best thing that has happened to the HW division since Lewis was active.

Vitali vs both Peter and Arreola were good fights. Vitali beat them both up.... no fighting scared in either.
And I don't think Peter vs Arreola would have been much fun for over maybe 3 rounds.

Vitali vs both Peter and Arreola were good fights. Vitali beat them both up.... no fighting scared in either.
And I don't think Peter vs Arreola would have been much fun for over maybe 3 rounds.

Are.... are we still doing sex jokes?

I'm not saying these guys are as skilled as any earlier generation....
but, it's at least interesting again.

The only thing: I wish Fury didn't agree to rematch Wlad. I have no interest in that fight. I don't think any other people are all that interested in it. I think the time is well nigh to finally push Wlad out of the picture.

Sure, Deontay is sloppier in the ring. But I would rather watch him fight any day of the week than having to sit through another Wlad fight.

Deontay, Fury, Povetkin, Joshua, Ortiz, maybe Parker. I'd be interested to see where Pulev sits with these guys.
There are a few outliers too that might help keep things interesting: Perez, Browne, Jennings, Haye.

Breazeale fights Mansour next weekend. So, we'll be able to hopefully see if Breazeale is nothing to be concerned with.... or otherwise.

We've all been blessed to finally have a reason to not watch Glaskov again.

Things have the potential to be interesting again.

Tyson Fury and his WWE meets SNATCH persona will just not ''click'' here in North America in terms of popularity and his sheer ability is average at best. Tyson's size and the power that comes with it and his outrages personality has got him this far.

Deontay Wilder has very impressive power and has a very crowd pleasing style but like Fury his ability is average at best and he has no balance or coordination. I am also willing to bet that when the time comes and his chin is tested it will fail him.

David Haye is smart, has well above average ability, hand speed and most times a entertaining style and now that he has beefed up some only adds to his already impressive power. The big question is how committed he is about his ''comeback''.

Alexander Povetkin is the all around better boxer then the names listed above and I think he would dispatch of Fury and Wilder with relative ease. I think Povetkin vs Haye would be one of the most entertaining matches that could be made in the heavyweight division. As good as he is, he just does not have that cross over star power to be a popular heavyweight champion.

Charles Martin is in the same limited boat as Fury and Wilder and for some reason I have been thinking of him as this era's Michael Moore.

Anthony Joshua on paper looks like he has it all but for me anyway is the dark horse of the names so far...2016 will be a telling year for him.

Luis Ortiz has really impressed me so far and I think if he is ''handled'' right he could make a very big splash in the heavyweight pool in 2016

Joseph Parker...I'm just not feeling it with him.

Last but not least and though I don't think he will fight past 2016 there is still Wladmir Klitschko and until he retires he is and so he should be ''the man to beat'' in the HW division.

Regardless the HW division is indeed looking very interesting.

unbeaten ranked number 5 with the WBC, yet his days were long gone.....

please fuck off
You just show your lack of understanding of the sport do that daily on here,you never even seen Mason fight your just looking at wiki as usual too,his best days were gone which is why he retired shortly after losing to Lewis you nit wit...lol

Last edited:
Back