Heavy weight division feels fun again

No amateur win is better than a professional win, you don't see anyone talking about Cammarrelle as AJ's best win and rightfully so.
Beating Riddick Bowe as an amateur > Dillian Whyte.

Joshuas resume so far is probably equal to Lewis' at the same point in their careers. Mason was a good fighter but Euro level at best, he was well accomplished but I'd put money on Dillan Whyte having a better career than him. There's also something to be said about beating a young hungry fighter as well.
As I pointed out, Joshua is where pretty much every decent amateur prospect is around 15 fights into his career.

Lewis didn't look spectacular early on either. He looked more natural than Joshua but wasn't showing the same speed and power as AJ.
He KO'd all but one opponent prior to fighting Mason.

Obviously Lewis developed into an incredible HW, but after 15 fights he didn't look that far ahead of Joshua, if at all ahead.

Fighters legacies aren't built on their development fights. I don't see the point. Its odd to try to argue a a point that is not really relevant. Lewis came from a deeper amateur program and had more amateur fights so he had already been in deeper than Joshua has been at this point.

It doesn't take a brain surgion to know who knows what .I only deal in facts or logical reasoning,everything else is basically hand wavable jibberish !
Honestly, I don't really get what your point is. You keep comparing Joshua to Lewis but limiting it to a set number of fights in his career, which happens to be pretty much where every pro is at 15 or so fights into their career. You're implying that Joshua is comparable to Lewis based on beating the cans that every fighter fights in the development stage of their career.

I mean, you could make this exact comparison with pretty much any 2 fighters at any stage when both were undefeated.

Look at those skills and ahtleticism. If he were American he would be hyped more than Wilder

Мотивираща реч на Кубрат Пулев, изречена след като стана ясно, че ще играе мач за световната титла.

As I pointed out, Joshua is where pretty much every decent amateur prospect is around 15 fights into his career.

Fighters legacies aren't built on their development fights. I don't see the point. Its odd to try to argue a a point that is not really relevant. Lewis came from a deeper amateur program and had more amateur fights so he had already been in deeper than Joshua has been at this point.

No, comparing a 3 round amateur win to a professional victory over a legit prospect (who is likely to compete at world level) is a retarded argument. It doesn't matter how good Bowe is, it was an amateur fight under amateur rules, with big gloves and headguards. Audley Harrison looked a better amateur than Lewis ever did, he was a beast with a headguard on. We all know what happened when he took it off. Cammarrelle was an excellent amateur, multiple time world champion, Olympic gold medalist, Joshua should arguably have two victories over him. Under your logic that win means more than the win over Whyte. It means nothing as soon as you turn pro.

Not sure why you're so confused with the rest of your post, I replied to what was being disucssed by your self and various other people.

No, comparing a 3 round amateur win to a professional victory over a legit prospect (who is likely to compete at world level) is a retarded argument. It doesn't matter how good Bowe is, it was an amateur fight under amateur rules, with big gloves and headguards. Audley Harrison looked a better amateur than Lewis ever did, he was a beast with a headguard on. We all know what happened when he took it off. Cammarrelle was an excellent amateur, multiple time world champion, Olympic gold medalist, Joshua should arguably have two victories over him. Under your logic that win means more than the win over Whyte. It means nothing as soon as you turn pro.
That's not true at all. Until guys are proven as pro's against top competition, their amateur career is always what people look at to decide where they stand. Ray Leonard winning a medal was brought up all the time well after he was a champion. Until Oscar DLH beat someone significant, his story was all about his amateur run.

Not sure why you're so confused with the rest of your post, I replied to what was being disucssed by your self and various other people.

I'm not confused. Why are you confused about my level of confusion?

What made Bowe any better than anyone Joshua faced? The truth is he had poor work ethic as a pro and poor work ethic as a amateur .Not only bc of everyone around him said so bc i have someone personal who helped him briefly and worked his corner in the N.Y PAL golden gloves who said he was lazy ,that person being my uncle ! He also arguably lost a fight or two over contraversial wins with europeans if i remember correctly .The hard truth is you simply ignored the entire post and switched into a look what Lennox did his entire career post ....stop the madness!

Uh, the fact that Riddick Bowe was miles better than anyone Joshua has faced?

You are the only one arguing amateur status..bowes entire resume is a smaller verion 205/210 holyfield...I believe Joshua is better than that at this stage.You are the only one arguing amateur status ,no they don't look at amateur status as of the measuring sticjk unless its irrefutable top notch skills..Professional fighting and and amateur fighting are two different worlds...what gave you that idea ?...Bowes entire resume is a smaller verion 205/210 holyfield...I believe Joshua is better than that at this stage. Nuff said Nuff said.

Last edited:
Uh, the fact that Riddick Bowe was miles better than anyone Joshua has faced?
uhhh yea like tubs in the 90's ?... I don't really belive you belive at 15 fights anyone was better than Joshua....if you do well ,as always I baby sit and explain why it may not be the case even though I ALREADY posted the statistics fight for fight...though I wont need to show really anymore until a year or so.... come back at me in 3 more fights when he has more 1st rnders or so ,and MAYBE you can have a legit convo with me on the actual topic......and that was the progression...though it matters little..if he loses before 20 fights then come at me...simple.

Last edited:
Eddie Hearn has confirmed that Joshua won't be fighting Chisora in April, so if they want no part of Del-Boy, they will be going nowhere near Haye yet.

Former kickboxer Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller will win a title whenever he gets the shot.
Funny thing is that he lost to an old, worn out, no cartilage left in his body Mirko Cro Cop in June 2014 at Glory 17 and even got rocked in the 3rd round, but now he's 16-0-1 and well on his way to a mandatory position in boxing.

Former kickboxer Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller will win a title whenever he gets the shot.
Funny thing is that he lost to an old, worn out, no cartilage left in his body Mirko Cro Cop in June 2014 at Glory 17 and even got rocked in the 3rd round, but now he's 16-0-1 and well on his way to a mandatory position in boxing.
Jarrell Miller is terrible. Anthony Joshua would destroy Cro Cop and Miller.

Winning the WBA, WBC, WBO, and IBF world titles.

Which opponent that Joshua faced are you claiming is better than Bowe?
Sherdog simply lacks reading skills on here im convinced...thanks...lol

uhhh yea like tubs in the 90's ?... I don't really belive you belive at 15 fights anyone was better than Joshua....if you do well ,as always I baby sit and explain why it may not be the case even though I ALREADY posted the statistics fight for fight...though I wont need to show really anymore until a year or so.... come back at me in 3 more fights when he has more 1st rnders or so ,and MAYBE you can have a legit convo with me on the actual topic......and that was the progression...though it matters little..if he loses before 20 fights then come at me...simple.

This whole thing started with you calling Anthony Joshua a new and improved version of Lennox Lewis. You're getting torn apart because that's rather plainly a ridiculous thing to say at this point. When faced with this, you've retreated to claiming that they were similarly dominant over their first 15 fights as they built their records up against nobodies as if this was some significant point that justified your original statement. Simply put, it doesn't seeing as there have been tons of fighters over the years, many who turned out to be nothing remotely special, who started their careers with unbeaten records over nobodies. No one here is arguing that Joshua doesn't have at least some real potential, but claiming he's a new and improved version of one of the greatest HWs of all time would require Joshua showing just a tad more than he has to date.

Failing actual achievements, perhaps you could begin to justify the statement by comparing their skillsets and showing us where Joshua is clearly Lewis' superior. Again, it's pretty clear to most that have watched boxing for any amount of time that for all of Joshua's significant physical gifts, he hasn't hinted at being nearly as skilled as Lennox Lewis in more or less any facet of boxing. Basically, it's probably best to take a knee here and move on.

Maybe he can be competitive with Charles Martin, but not against any top heavyweights or young prospects like Joshua and Parker.

Lets nots forget Dong. He gonna break out in 2016.

Back