Heavy weight division feels fun again

Mike Tyson began his career at age 19. His first fight was March of 1985, and his 13th fight was November of 1985.

Anthony Joshua started at 23. His first fight was October of 2013, and his 13th fight was May of 2015.

It's taken Joshua nearly two years to accomplish what Tyson accomplished in a few months. Plus Tyson was 19.

No amateur win is better than a professional win, you don't see anyone talking about Cammarrelle as AJ's best win and rightfully so.

Joshuas resume so far is probably equal to Lewis' at the same point in their careers. Mason was a good fighter but Euro level at best, he was well accomplished but I'd put money on Dillan Whyte having a better career than him. There's also something to be said about beating a young hungry fighter as well.

Lewis didn't look spectacular early on either. He looked more natural than Joshua but wasn't showing the same speed and power as AJ.

Obviously Lewis developed into an incredible HW, but after 15 fights he didn't look that far ahead of Joshua, if at all ahead.

You are beating a dead horse here ,these guys are look on paper critics they dont actually look on video footage ,they basically live on past names and who is more covered in the past in ring magazine.
Youre right. The several posters itt who tune in and comment on every single boxing event from friday night fights to the biggest PPV shows dont watch video footage. Youre the only one. Thank you for enlightening us.

Mike Tyson began his career at age 19. His first fight was March of 1985, and his 13th fight was November of 1985.

Anthony Joshua started at 23. His first fight was October of 2013, and his 13th fight was May of 2015.

It's taken Joshua nearly two years to accomplish what Tyson accomplished in a few months. Plus Tyson was 19.
Tyson had more fights ..i know logic eludes you which is why i posted what each did at this point in their careers !

No amateur win is better than a professional win, you don't see anyone talking about Cammarrelle as AJ's best win and rightfully so.

Joshuas resume so far is probably equal to Lewis' at the same point in their careers. Mason was a good fighter but Euro level at best, he was well accomplished but I'd put money on Dillan Whyte having a better career than him. There's also something to be said about beating a young hungry fighter as well.

Lewis didn't look spectacular early on either. He looked more natural than Joshua but wasn't showing the same speed and power as AJ.

Obviously Lewis developed into an incredible HW, but after 15 fights he didn't look that far ahead of Joshua, if at all ahead.
Wow an actual intelligent person .....thumbs up! Im not alone ....lol

Tyson also past his prime very early. But IMO the big difference is that Mike was drilled and lived a machine during that period of his life, basically lived in the gym. Joshua posts shit on twitter, instagram and facebook ...doesn't live nearly as dedicated as Mike Tyson used to.

I was thinking about a similar comparison regarding young George Foreman and Deontay Wilder.
Foreman turned pro in 1969, had a record of 37-0 before challenging the heavyweight champion 3½ years into his professional career.

Wilder turned pro in 2008, compiled a similar record before fighting for a HW championship. But this was in 2015, 7 years into his pro career ...and it wasn't even against the best heavyweight.

Youre right. The several posters itt who tune in and comment on every single boxing event from friday night fights to the biggest PPV shows dont watch video footage. Youre the only one. Thank you for enlightening us.
Your SEVERAL posters around here havent seen half the fighters they comment on!

Tyson had more fights ..i know logic eludes you which is why i posted what each did at this point in their careers !
The issue is the measuring stick you are using to determine this "point" in their careers.

You are going by the number of fights he has had. You could just as easily go by their age, or the time elapsed since they became professionals.

If you go by time elapsed, which makes the most sense, Joshua is way behind. Tyson was already Lineal champion after 1.5 years, and he was only 20.

After 2 years, Joshua is barely making a scratch on the division. He hasn't fought any top fighters.

Tyson also past his prime very early. But IMO the big difference is that Mike was drilled and lived a machine during that period of his life, basically lived in the gym. Joshua posts shit on twitter, instagram and facebook ...doesn't live nearly as dedicated as Mike Tyson used to.

I was thinking about a similar comparison regarding young George Foreman and Deontay Wilder.
Foreman turned pro in 1969, had a record of 37-0 before challenging the heavyweight champion 3½ years into his professional career.

Wilder turned pro in 2008, compiled a similar record before fighting for a HW championship. But this was in 2015, 7 years into his pro career ...and it wasn't even against the best heavyweight.
Cus wanted to rush Tyson into a HW champ while he was still alive ,Joshuas team is to go slow and steady and not rush things ...posting on twitter doesnt mean you cant leave the gym and mean you're not training .

Cus wanted to rush Tyson into a HW champ while he was still alive ,Joshuas team is to go slow and steady and not rush things ...posting on twitter doesnt mean you cant leave the gym and mean you're not training .

I wrote what happened, not what someone wanted or what you think someone wanted.

Though I'll say that Cus died in 1985. Mike was still drilled post '85 by Kevin Rooney. When he stopped with that lifestyle, he started to deteriorate.

The issue is the measuring stick you are using to determine this "point" in their careers.

You are going by the number of fights he has had. You could just as easily go by their age, or the time elapsed since they became professionals.

If you go by time elapsed, which makes the most sense, Joshua is way behind. Tyson was already Lineal champion after 1.5 years, and he was only 20.

After 2 years, Joshua is barely making a scratch on the division. He hasn't fought any top fighters.
Time elapsed does not make the most sense ,its how many fights you have that progresses you .You dont get experience out of the ring no matter what you do ,to advance in boxing one must fight sanctioned fights ,no amount of training or time replaces that! Which is why Tyson was a masterpiece THEN,under Cus /Rooney!

And you are an authority on who has watched what. Got it.

It doesn't take a brain surgion to know who knows what .I only deal in facts or logical reasoning,everything else is basically hand wavable jibberish !

It doesn't take a brain surgion to know who knows what .I only deal in facts or logical reasoning,everything else is basically hand wavable jibberish !
And yet, yours is the opinion that everyone else disagrees with. But ok.

Guess the admins did away with it.

That's too bad, I actually liked it.

when-someone-you-have-a-crush-on-tells-a-bad-joke.gif

Seriously though, I enjoyed being able to acknowledge a good post or piggy back without wasting space with another post.

That's too bad, I actually liked it.

when-someone-you-have-a-crush-on-tells-a-bad-joke.gif

Seriously though, I enjoyed being able to acknowledge a good post or piggy back without wasting space with another post.

I think they will be back soon.

Apparently 70% of members who voted want it to return so hopefully the feature will be back.

Seems weird to take it away, it doesn't really effect anyone who doesn't want to use it.

Back