heavy hands/grip of steel is perhaps 90% genetics 10% hard work

I did a little bit of construction, and on one of the jobs there was a guy who was around my height (~5'9") but very thick and massive, probably 230+ lbs (kinda like Igor Vovchanchyn build) and his hands were pretty much twice the size of mine and he couldn't wear anything smaller than XL gloves. He said he was a weightlifter in the Russian army back in the day and did construction for 20+ years.

I did a little bit of construction, and on one of the jobs there was a guy who was around my height (~5'9") but very thick and massive, probably 230+ lbs (kinda like Igor Vovchanchyn build) and his hands were pretty much twice the size of mine and he couldn't wear anything smaller than XL gloves. He said he was a weightlifter in the Russian army back in the day and did construction for 20+ years.
Naw, he just netflix + chills with Rosy palm and her five sisters daily

I'm reallu working on my grip now as I've never worked it

I do towel hangs from a pull up bar
1 minute, 45 seconds and 30 seconds

Then some plate pinches

Then some grippers

I need much better grip strength, I have small hands but I'm not sure how much of a disadvantage this is

Probably buy some fat grips too but not sure I really need them

I'm reallu working on my grip now as I've never worked it

I do towel hangs from a pull up bar
1 minute, 45 seconds and 30 seconds

Then some plate pinches

Then some grippers

I need much better grip strength, I have small hands but I'm not sure how much of a disadvantage this is

Probably buy some fat grips too but not sure I really need them

check out david horne's world of grip and john brookfield.

both have stuff on youtube, i think.

rockclimbers seem to develop good grips so maybe its not genetic

This thread makes me think of Joe Kinney. The first person to close the IronMind #4 Gripper.

That guy is just an average Joe 5’8 - 160 pounds. He admitted that doing his heavy grip training made the muscles in his hands grow so much he had to cut a big slit in his work gloves to get them to fit.

Last edited:
John Cena has a very big frame and is probably ona shitload of HGH and steroids and has been lifting for years and from what I've hear dis icnredibly strong. And Big Show and acromegaly. Basically the first guy has a combination of genetics, training and jucie and the second guy has a medical condition and is like 6'10.

Obviously huge guys will have hgue hands if they are proportional. Guys who aren'tz huge overall BUT have hgue hands would be more interesting to see if you can work on it.

From what I know HGH lets your hands grow even as an adult more in width than in length but apparnetly it gives you these big meaty hands. So that's one way to get it juice and lift. Looking at these guys one has a medical condituion that gives him abnormal amounts of HGH since his childhood and the other one looks like he has been on artifical HGH for the better part of his life.

Cena has argued that he's all natural his whole life. I'm actually inclined to believe him. His physique isn't too out of this world for a man who has been lifting his entire life and deadlifts 600. I think he's just blessed. I've never seen him look like he's too out of control jacked.

Cena has argued that he's all natural his whole life. I'm actually inclined to believe him. His physique isn't too out of this world for a man who has been lifting his entire life and deadlifts 600. I think he's just blessed. I've never seen him look like he's too out of control jacked.

Are you serious or is this sarcasm? Cena is juiced to the tits he is super muscular. He is like 6'1 and what 250lbs or muscle mass? He has a higher BMI than Ubereem and Lesnar probably.

Are you serious or is this sarcasm? Cena is juiced to the tits he is super muscular. He is like 6'1 and what 250lbs or muscle mass? He has a higher BMI than Ubereem and Lesnar probably.

I'm dead serious.

He's been lifting his entire life and his physique isn't really that crazy for someone who has the numbers he has on squat, deadlift, and bench. If he was juiced to the tits i think he would be way more vascular and his deltoids would be a lot larger.

My private gym has a bunch of guys that are every bit as big as him with the same bodyfat levels that aren't juiced to the gills. He's completely in the realm of natural lifters.

I'm dead serious.

He's been lifting his entire life and his physique isn't really that crazy for someone who has the numbers he has on squat, deadlift, and bench. If he was juiced to the tits i think he would be way more vascular and his deltoids would be a lot larger.

My private gym has a bunch of guys that are every bit as big as him with the same bodyfat levels that aren't juiced to the gills. He's completely in the realm of natural lifters.

You are either drunk on the koolaide or willfully ignorant.

the-badass-lsquo-bodybuilding-rsquo-past-of-wwe-superstar-john-cena-that-you-never-knew-about1-1497943245.jpg

the-badass-lsquo-bodybuilding-rsquo-past-of-wwe-superstar-john-cena-that-you-never-knew-about6-1497943461.jpg

That is Cena in his early 20's, without a lifetime of lifting, and prior to his rassling days. Juiced up guy competing against other juiced up guys......some things never change.

I have thin hands like Jon Jones, good for playing instruments, not so good for grips.

You are either drunk on the koolaide or willfully ignorant.

the-badass-lsquo-bodybuilding-rsquo-past-of-wwe-superstar-john-cena-that-you-never-knew-about1-1497943245.jpg

the-badass-lsquo-bodybuilding-rsquo-past-of-wwe-superstar-john-cena-that-you-never-knew-about6-1497943461.jpg

That is Cena in his early 20's, without a lifetime of lifting, and prior to his rassling days. Juiced up guy competing against other juiced up guys......some things never change.

You're crazy if you think that's not obtainable, and those photos are from when he was a exercise physiology major in college working at a gym and competing in all natural bodybuilding leagues. He's never failed a test or been caught with steroids. I'm still inclined to believe he has great genetics and a strong work ethic.

Not everyone who is jacked is taking steroids. A dozen of my friends in the gym look like that and they don't take anything.

Last edited:
You're crazy if you think that's not obtainable, and those photos are from when he was a exercise physiology major in college working at a gym and competing in all natural bodybuilding leagues. He's never failed a test or been caught with steroids. I'm still inclined to believe he has great genetics and a strong work ethic.

Not everyone who is jacked is taking steroids. A dozen of my friends in the gym look like that and they don't take anything.

Lmfao at the tests he passed in WWe and bodybuilding. Natural bodybuilders are also juiced they just have to pass drug tests and ar eon less steroids.

If you friend slook like that they are juicing regardless of what they say.

And cena is even bigger now than on these pics much bigger despite being on the road regularly and killing himself in a super tough sport

Lmfao at the tests he passed in WWe and bodybuilding. Natural bodybuilders are also juiced they just have to pass drug tests and ar eon less steroids.

If you friend slook like that they are juicing regardless of what they say.

And cena is even bigger now than on these pics much bigger despite being on the road regularly and killing himself in a super tough sport

I'm sorry you only know bitches, but my homies aren't on the sauce. For one, they wouldn't have an issue telling me. Second, they are all in tested powerlifting leagues.

Cena's physique is completely attainable without sauce. Without evidence of him taking any, you're just making a wild ass guess.

I'm sorry you only know bitches, but my homies aren't on the sauce. For one, they wouldn't have an issue telling me. Second, they are all in tested powerlifting leagues.

Cena's physique is completely attainable without sauce. Without evidence of him taking any, you're just making a wild ass guess.
Must be legit then.

At 6'1 and 240lbs with a BF% of 12 percent if I would guess (quite possibly less) Cena already has a FFM Index of 28. Anything above 25-26 is most certainly someone on steroids. Your buddies are on steroids and the reaosn they don't tell you is obviously because they are competitive athletes ina a tested sport. If they aren't they are either much smaller or much fatter than Cena. Maybe you can get that strong without steroids but not that muscular

It is obtainable with copious amounts of anabolic steroids and a cocktail of chemicals for cutting. To be that dry, vascular, hard, and that lean at that size is not achievable naturally. Lots of guys have never been caught or failed a test. Good testing is expensive so these rinky dink body building and powerlifting orgs can't afford to pay for strict testing that will clean up their sports.....and testing in the WWE and body building is a fucking joke. They only "test" to say they do so the guys can keep their sponsors. They also know it's way more entertaining to see someone who is an enhanced super human compete.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a good genetic basis for his physique, but it certainly isn't 100% natural. But maybe Hulk Hogan is right, all you gotta do is say your prayers and take your vitamins and you'll have 26in pythons too.

Must be legit then.

It definitely gives more credibility towards being natural than being in untested federations.

At 6'1 and 240lbs with a BF% of 12 percent if I would guess (quite possibly less) Cena already has a FFM Index of 28. Anything above 25-26 is most certainly someone on steroids. Your buddies are on steroids and the reaosn they don't tell you is obviously because they are competitive athletes ina a tested sport. If they aren't they are either much smaller or much fatter than Cena. Maybe you can get that strong without steroids but not that muscular

Just no dude. First, my buddies aren't secretly taking steroids. If they were, they'd be offering to share if anything. I know way worse things about them and they have zero reason to lie about it. They aren't hiding it from me. They just have good genetics and put in great hard work. They don't bullshit around with half squats and curls. They lift correctly and make solid gains.

You're just wrong, plain and simple. Not everyone needs to take steroids to get big and muscular.

It is obtainable with copious amounts of anabolic steroids and a cocktail of chemicals for cutting. To be that dry, vascular, hard, and that lean at that size is not achievable naturally. Lots of guys have never been caught or failed a test. Good testing is expensive so these rinky dink body building and powerlifting orgs can't afford to pay for strict testing that will clean up their sports.....and testing in the WWE and body building is a fucking joke. They only "test" to say they do so the guys can keep their sponsors. They also know it's way more entertaining to see someone who is an enhanced super human compete.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have a good genetic basis for his physique, but it certainly isn't 100% natural. But maybe Hulk Hogan is right, all you gotta do is say your prayers and take your vitamins and you'll have 26in pythons too.

As I said above, you're just wrong. That physique is entirely obtainable with hard work and great genetics. It's absolutely achievable and it's fucking silly that you're going to sit here and pretend like it isn't. There's zero evidence that he's taken them. He's denied it his entire life. So let's not pretend like you're the Wizard of Oz and hold all the knowledge in the world. I know plenty of natural guys that are stronger and more muscular than him.

Back