heavy hands/grip of steel is perhaps 90% genetics 10% hard work

nastyElbows also avirgin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Have you ever shake hands with someone who doesn't even workout/lift and you felt his hand is stronger/bigger?
and no matter how hard you work them, some people "naturally" have stronger hands?

854r3sz.jpg

the-big-show-hand-is-more-than-twice-as-big-as-that-of-a-normal-adult-man-400x400.jpg

More like 50% masturbation, and 30% farmer's walks...And 20% more masturbation.

I find a lot of old timers who has been in construction or other manual labor jobs for many years have iron grips. I feel emasculated shaking their hands.

Meh. I think the grip can be developed. It's common in a lot of long-time grapplers and people who work with their hands.

IDK about punching power, though.

i'm not sure if this means anything. maybe some talented mma fighters have soft hands?
maybe it has nothing to do with being a good fighter.

jon-jones-wave.jpg

look at the difference

06-cain-velasquez-antonio-silva-ufc-146-weigh.jpg

I find a lot of old timers who has been in construction or other manual labor jobs for many years have iron grips.

yes yes yes. i noticed the same thing too, even the workers with small/fragile built have stronger hands. but i still believe its genetics. maybe they found it easier to work in manual labor since they were already born with strong hands.

yes yes yes. i noticed the same thing too, even the workers with small/fragile built have stronger hands. but i still believe its genetics. maybe they found it easier to work in manual labor since they were already born with strong hands.
Genetics definitely has a lot to do with it.

Hasn't anyone ITT heard of "old man strength"?

it's not 90%. maybe 50. i know a lot of relatively small guys from southern or eastern europe who had to start landscaping or construction because they just had no other choice and after some years they have strong and tough hands like everybody else in the business. having big hands is a benefit, though.

I have very small wrists/weak hands,I mean its embarrassing,best thing I found to improve strenght is fat gripz,other things help too,but the fastest and best one was definetely fat gripz....

Your maximum strength is based on frame but you can def increase grip strength massively. Anyone deadlifting 2.5 times bw (possible for pretty much anyone regardless of genetics) will have considerably stronger grips than they would have untrained.

I find a lot of old timers who has been in construction or other manual labor jobs for many years have iron grips. I feel emasculated shaking their hands.
nothing punishes the hands like swinging a sledge hammer. troweling and a lot of other hand tools require heaps of wrist and grip strength also. i'm a labourer and have had extremely sore hands from working. i think it is the amount of hours more so than the particular exercise though. it's like doing 8 hours of grip strength training every day.

I naturally have massive hands so people always comment on them

I knew an Italian man named Pasquale a former tailor and every time he'd shake my hand it was like getting your hand locked in a vice. He was in his 80's. Unworldly strong grip.

Last edited:
People who do pink jobs marveling at the strength of those who use their hands for a living.

I'm jealous really. Having strong hands is great but getting past 50 and still working outside in the cold and rain on my knees ain't gonna be fun.

I think it's closer to 50% too. Any healthy guy who's put decent effort into training his grip will be stronger than just about everyone untrained.

People who do pink jobs marveling at the strength of those who use their hands for a living.

I'm jealous really. Having strong hands is great but getting past 50 and still working outside in the cold and rain on my knees ain't gonna be fun.

that's exactly why i went pink after 30 and i don't know one guy from the past who didn't change the business.

either way, i only can tell good stuff about heavy clubbells and macebells for total hand and wrist strength.

http://www.strongergrip.com/

John Cena has a very big frame and is probably ona shitload of HGH and steroids and has been lifting for years and from what I've hear dis icnredibly strong. And Big Show and acromegaly. Basically the first guy has a combination of genetics, training and jucie and the second guy has a medical condition and is like 6'10.

Obviously huge guys will have hgue hands if they are proportional. Guys who aren'tz huge overall BUT have hgue hands would be more interesting to see if you can work on it.

From what I know HGH lets your hands grow even as an adult more in width than in length but apparnetly it gives you these big meaty hands. So that's one way to get it juice and lift. Looking at these guys one has a medical condituion that gives him abnormal amounts of HGH since his childhood and the other one looks like he has been on artifical HGH for the better part of his life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back