Heavy Bag Boxing Workout With Commentary

exclamatio

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hey all hope your training is going great!

I've started filming my training after recovering and rehabbing from shoulder surgery, to keep me accountable and to just share the training.

My main background is kickboxing but I'm always looking to get better, I know a lot of people on here have a great eye for technique. I welcome all tips and improvements, I'm far from where I want to be! Even if you don't want to critique, I hope it gives you motivation to train!

Did you post the right video?

Anyway. Crisp and tight hands.

Did you post the right video?

Anyway. Crisp and tight hands.

Thanks bro! And aye that's the right one :)

(Made it in this tutorial style as it's largely beginners searching for this sort of thing on YouTube, instead of more experienced people in threads like this.)

Hey all hope your training is going great!

I've started filming my training after recovering and rehabbing from shoulder surgery, to keep me accountable and to just share the training.

My main background is kickboxing but I'm always looking to get better, I know a lot of people on here have a great eye for technique. I welcome all tips and improvements, I'm far from where I want to be! Even if you don't want to critique, I hope it gives you motivation to train!

exaclty who I was thinking of. Glad to have "met" you on here.

Pretty sharp! Your left hook needs a bit of work. You rise up a bit when you throw it and you want to try and keep that elbow parallel to the floor when you throw it. Otherwise, nice.

Pretty sharp! Your left hook needs a bit of work. You rise up a bit when you throw it and you want to try and keep that elbow parallel to the floor when you throw it. Otherwise, nice.
Thanks mate, I'm getting there! Aye, I feel like even though my fist was connecting well I was losing energy.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing the video.

We have one of those water bags BUT it doesn't swing freely unfortunately.

Hey mate. You got a little bit of that Benny The Jet thing going on, which is pretty cool. Stance switching, standing tall, using kicks, bouncy footwork, snappy punches.

How do you feel about not sitting down so much and having a higher center of gravity? Seems like when you were warming up you were sitting down more. Also, what's your thoughts on leaning into the punches a little and do you feel like you get tagged in sparring if you're not careful to have your guard up?

I love those water bags. The one I use sometimes at a gym doesn't swing either, but it feels so good hitting it. Especially uppercuts!

Cheers mate! Absolutely love these aqua bags, like Sano said they just feel so good to punch! Best boxing bags out there now in my opinion. We've got a massive one at our school's other gym and I think if I hit it I would shake, not the bag haha!

Not sure why yours wont swing, hows the chain setup? Or is it the space?

Hey mate. You got a little bit of that Benny The Jet thing going on, which is pretty cool. Stance switching, standing tall, using kicks, bouncy footwork, snappy punches.

How do you feel about not sitting down so much and having a higher center of gravity? Seems like when you were warming up you were sitting down more. Also, what's your thoughts on leaning into the punches a little and do you feel like you get tagged in sparring if you're not careful to have your guard up?

I love those water bags. The one I use sometimes at a gym doesn't swing either, but it feels so good hitting it. Especially uppercuts!

Right on brother! That Benny comment made my day haha, loved watching his tapes when I was a kid, and still now to be fair :p

I think the height of the Aqua bag makes me stand a bit taller, but I do like fighting that way when the range allows it, as my first comp experience was years of kickboxing and karate points. I'll sit down and bang, but I'm just as happy to hit and skip back to make people walk on to shots. When I went onto full contact, thai boxing etc I was always fighting heavier people, so I think I default to what was working for me there having to lean into shots to have effect.

I honestly haven't had any quality sparring in about 7 years, due to being chronically injured, so we will have to see if I still get away without being hit much! Early in my career I got hit fucking loads. But as time went on the points fighting reactions, and my favour of aggressive countering came together and I became quite annoying to hit. I'm probably an easy target again right now :p

Cheers mate! Absolutely love these aqua bags, like Sano said they just feel so good to punch! Best boxing bags out there now in my opinion. We've got a massive one at our school's other gym and I think if I hit it I would shake, not the bag haha!

Not sure why yours wont swing, hows the chain setup? Or is it the space?

We have a cage with 3 heavy bags, a wrecking ball, two double end bags, a teardrop bag, and the waterbag.

Unfortunately they're close enough to each other that you can't really use a lot of footwork under or around them. And on the waterbag, the chain we have is about 5 links so it hangs around head height without a lot of swing.

It's one of those things I can't fix without taking other bags down in a busy gym so I never do it.

Those HUGE waterbags must be fun to hit too. They're always in Canelo's fightcamp tapes.

I don't think you're talented.

I think your explosiveness is low.

Also your movement is super basic.

Your talking is good and I wish you all the best and lots fun

If you have 20 boxing fights I bet you won't win 10.

I don't think you're talented.

I think your explosiveness is low.

Also your movement is super basic.

Your talking is good and I wish you all the best and lots fun

If you have 20 boxing fights I bet you won't win 10.

Dude just fuck off, all you do is shit talk people light-years ahead of you. We've seen your training, and we've heard your excuses for why it's not up to scratch with other guys here, just stay in your lane before you become the new joke of the forum.

Dude just fuck off, all you do is shit talk people light-years ahead of you. We've seen your training, and we've heard your excuses for why it's not up to scratch with other guys here, just stay in your lane before you become the new joke of the forum.

His power is like a 17 year old girl

Ok so we need to lie ?

You thought he did well <Dana05>

Ok make him feel good yeah he is great lol lol ;)

Imma not comment then next time or well I'm not going to lie

His power is like a 17 year old girl

Ok so we need to lie ?

You thought he did well <Dana05>

Ok make him feel good yeah he is great lol lol ;)

Imma not comment then next time or well I'm not going to lie

Dude would absolutely obliterate you.

Let me put it like this

His hooks are atrocious and he is deluded that he is good at boxing

Participate at the national amy championships

He gon die

WHEN THE FUCK SOMEBODY GOING TO FIGHT ME THEN ?

IF I FLY OUT TO THE UK TO FIGHT THIS GUY AT HIS OWN GYM WITH HIS OWN PEOPLE THERE AND IF I WIN DO YOU PAY FOR ALL THE TRAVELUNG EXPENSES ?

WHEN THE FUCK SOMEBODY GOING TO FIGHT ME THEN ?

IF I FLY OUT TO THE UK TO FIGHT THIS GUY AT HIS OWN GYM WITH HIS OWN PEOPLE THERE AND IF I WIN DO YOU PAY FOR ALL THE TRAVELUNG EXPENSES ?

Try posting after you've sobered up.

I've known Lee for a long time, before Sherdog actually - I've seen him KO people with head kicks. I've seen you throw a flying knee at a heavy bag, a stationary target mind you, and miss.

Wait you work at a gym is that you ?

What do you do clean the mats and prepare protein shakes ?

Cause I swear if you're serious you are a noob to fighting.

Guy is atrociously unexplosive and predictable in his paterns

Back