Heath Ledger (Joker) or Daniel Day-Lewis (Bill 'The Butcher' Cutting)?

Which is the better performance?

• Total voters
Bill because he's a much more fleshed out character with real life motivation for his choices as an adult.

DDL's classic NY accent is mint

I wouldn't fault anyone for picking either one. They are both outlandish cartoon characters in supporting roles, brilliantly inhabited by extraordinary actors, who meticulously crafted together performances that really stood out & jumped off the screen.

I don't particularly love either movie, but those two were definitely the high points of each. They stole the show

tumblr_o0n2lhOtzH1t0qqjbo1_500.gif

Two GOATs. It's not a far comparison for me because Ledger is playing a way more fun character.

Now i want see Daniel Day-Lewis play as the Joker, thanks TS

Been over 10 years since I saw Gangs, but the Joker is the more iconic character and performance imo.

I've had Gangs on Blu-ray forever too, I really need to get on that. :rolleyes:

I love both characters but gonna have to go with joker

Both great performances. I'll give the nod to DDL though because, as another poster mentioned, he brought more depth to the character.

Saw this recently, seems appropriate for this thread

Bill the butcher easily...

Heath ledger as joker is probably the 2nd most overrated performance in Hollywood history

Both were GOAT level performances, but I think Bill the Butcher stands out a little more to me. Which says a lot, because TDK is one of my top 3 superhero movies.

Back