HEATED ARGUMENT BETWEEN CANELO & ABEL SANCHEZ

I like this! GGG looks strangely happy/uncomfortable watching his coach get into an argument.

On the contrary I don't remember Canelo fighting like Mayweather he was fairly aggressive but I do agree GGG was the aggressor. Hoping for a great rematch!

Canelo called Lara a runner, and now he's upset that someone is calling him a runner and he throws a hissy fit.

Abel is trying to troll Canelo into brawling with GGG, nice

i don't get why abel says you can't sell the first fight again... other than the horrendous scorecard by byrd, the first fight was awesome. both guys brought it and fought like champions, anyone who didn't enjoy that war shouldn't be watching boxing. the decision controversy and the fact that they robbed gennady of his career defining victory soiled it a bit, but the fight itself was the bomb.

why on earth is canelo talking shit to abel anyway, you'd do better to just smile and nod at the old trainer and talk shit to his fighter. you can't come out looking good when you get at it with an oldschool coach like him.

alvarez will not get drawn into a shootout, and he will win the decision this time... probably a comfortable one, with one outrageous scorecard. i guess abel wants to bait him into fighting, but it isn't happening.

Canelo stops Golovkin late. It'll be an even back and forth battle up until that the KO though.

I have Canelo with the stoppage as well. Late, GGG is durable, we saw how Canelo lit him up and he managed to rally for a draw, but nothing from that fight led me to believe GGG can hurt Canelo, didn't seem to affect at all with his punches tbh, but Canelo was just landing everything significant, and the 2nd time through GGG won't be able to stand up to that again. GGG not used to being the guy getting hit the hardest on repeat.

GGG by stoppage hopefully. He needs to work more of Canelo's body this time. Golovkin and Gassiev have very nice body work when they use it.

Canelo called Lara a runner, and now he's upset that someone is calling him a runner and he throws a hissy fit.
He didn't run though. He stood right in the pocket with Golovkin. Put himself on the ropes multiple times and waved the guy in.

Golovkin just couldn't find the guy and was reduced to complaining that Canelo doesn't stand and bang, like he's some B level MMA fighter.

I had a dream last night that GGG knocked someone out.

I think it might actually have been Chavez Jnr, but anyway - GGG by KO - book it.

i don't get why abel says you can't sell the first fight again... other than the horrendous scorecard by byrd, the first fight was awesome. both guys brought it and fought like champions, anyone who didn't enjoy that war shouldn't be watching boxing. the decision controversy and the fact that they robbed gennady of his career defining victory soiled it a bit, but the fight itself was the bomb.

why on earth is canelo talking shit to abel anyway, you'd do better to just smile and nod at the old trainer and talk shit to his fighter. you can't come out looking good when you get at it with an oldschool coach like him.

alvarez will not get drawn into a shootout, and he will win the decision this time... probably a comfortable one, with one outrageous scorecard. i guess abel wants to bait him into fighting, but it isn't happening.

Ehh...first fight was good, don't know about awesome. I'd watch it again but i know casual fans who probably wouldn't fork up $75 for a replay of the first fight.

As far as Canelo getting into it with Abel,....its pretty clear that the criticism of him running against GGG has gotten to him.

I had a dream last night that GGG knocked someone out.

I think it might actually have been Chavez Jnr, but anyway - GGG by KO - book it.

Our dreams often show us the opposite of what's going to happen.

He didn't run though. He stood right in the pocket with Golovkin. Put himself on the ropes multiple times and waved the guy in.

Golovkin just couldn't find the guy and was reduced to complaining that Canelo doesn't stand and bang, like he's some B level MMA fighter.

Yes, Canelo was in the pocket, for 20 seconds of each round. The rest of the time he's on his bike or trapped on the ropes.

Sanchez basically challenged Canelos manhood / Mexicanism, and he seemed to bite.

Edit: good stuff!

Yes, Canelo was in the pocket, for 20 seconds of each round. The rest of the time he's on his bike or trapped on the ropes.
Yeah, he should hold still next time and give Golovkin a few shots.

He didn't run in that fight. He was right there. Golovkin just didn't have David Lemieux in front of him this time.

Yeah, he should hold still next time and give Golovkin a few shots.

He didn't run in that fight. He was right there. Golovkin just didn't have David Lemieux in front of him this time.

Not saying he should hold still, there is a big difference between fighting while on the move and running. Watch Pernell Whitaker v Chavez for the former. Canelo did nothing close to that, he got on his bike and didn't engage at all unless trapped on the ropes or desperately trying to steal rounds in 30 second spurts when he knew he was losing. He simply didn't engage enough to win or even draw the fight. And don't take it from me, listen to the Reynosas' between rounds, they are desperately imploring him to get off the ropes and engage more, which is why he upped the aggression in rounds 10-12.

Sanchez basically challenged Canelos manhood / Mexicanism, and he seemed to bite.

Edit: good stuff!
Canelo basically exposed the fact that Golovkin didn't accomplished what he said as well.

Canelo doesn't need to fight the fight that the what. That's why we got a rematch.

Back