Heat of the moment or intenional?

BBL

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have been watching quite a bit of MMA in the past few years and I cannot remember so many eye pokes in such a short fight as Nelson vs. Ponzi was.
The poster of this 50 second video claims that Ponzi was eye poking on purpose. At first I thought the first eye poke was just unfortunate but this video has me kinda wondering.
I'll leave it to the collective intelligence of Sherdoggers expecting some nuggets of wisdom.

Ok I think those pokes were intentional. The fight should be overturned to a no contest. Before I thought the poke was accidental but there are far too many pokes and it's clear what this dude REALLY wanted to accomplish.

Damn, SBG sleeper account. Kavanagh plans dese tings long term.

Like Bisping said on the broadcast Gunnar sticks his chin out like a rookie and it's only a matter of time he gets cracked. Eyepoke or not this Argentinian exposed him.

BTW, you might want to make you thread title a bit more specific because people won't know what you're talking about.

I have been watching quite a bit of MMA in the past few years and I cannot remember so many eye pokes in such a short fight as Nelson vs. Ponzi was.
The poster of this 50 second video claims that Ponzi was eye poking on purpose. At first I thought the first eye poke was just unfortunate but this video has me kinda wondering.
I'll leave it to the collective intelligence of Sherdoggers expecting some nuggets of wisdom.

<WellThere>

@Pooters @Hardkore @One MMA Fan @Alanf7 @Light Mirror

<13>

BTW, you might want to make you thread title a bit more specific because people won't know what you're talking about.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind good sir.

Looked like he was trying to push off Gunnar, not intentional imo.

Then again, I'm biased.

Damn, SBG sleeper account. Kavanagh plans dese tings long term.

Like Bisping said on the broadcast Gunnar sticks his chin out like a rookie and it's only a matter of time he gets cracked. Eyepoke or not this Argentinian exposed him.
Ok

Then maybe Gunnar should have said something about it during the fight instead of all this bitching afterwards.

This is the first time this has ever happened in a fight

damn, you guys finding every excuse in the book

Looked like he was trying to push off Gunnar, not intentional imo.

Then again, I'm biased.
Fair point. I am biased too being a Gunni fan but I don't love him so much as to deny reality. I actually don't see how he was pushing Gunnar off when he had his back against the fence. Besides, even if he is pushing him off, he cannot do it with his fingers extended like that.

that was really bad. Intentional or not it should be overturned based on that video.

damn, you guys finding every excuse in the book
I don't care about Nelson but that was extremely excessive. Even it's not on purpose you can't poke someone repeatedly in the eye.

I don't care about Nelson but that was extremely excessive. Even it's not on purpose you can't poke someone repeatedly in the eye.
I don't like it either, but he was already rocked before the second one. but yeah, they need to look out for crap like that

Back