Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Result

• Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Celtic beat Rangers away 3-1 and go 19 points clear, 19 wins 1 draw and no losses so far, +40 goal difference

Hearts lost 1-0 at home to Aberdeen on Friday, Aberdeen are looking pretty strong these days.

Celtic 58
Rangers 39
Aberdeen 37
Hearts 31

I actually started to fallow the club for a second during the "Romanov Revolution". I believe they finished second which broke so many years of Celtic & Rangers finishing 1 & 2. I was interested to see if the broke through the Old Firm monopoly . Love the badge . Never could understand why a team from Edinburgh couldn't be as big and wealthy as teams from Glasgow .
Generations of Sectarianism.

Back after the New Year's break Celtic have had time to beat St Johnstone 1-0 and Hearts 4-0 :(

Aberdeen beat Dundee 3-0 and Rangers beat Motherwell 2-0 at home so the top of the league now looks like this

Celtic 64
Rangers 42
Aberdeen 40
Hearts 31
St Johnstone 31

Wednesday is Hearts vs Rangers uh oh.

Celtic 70
Aberdeen 43
Rangers 43
Hearts 37

Celtic are now on 23 wins and 1 draw so far. Aberdeen continue to expand into the vacuum left by Rangers and contend for 2nd place having won 5 out of their last 6. Rangers and Hearts have been having rather mixed results lately. Jamie Walker (Hearts) is however the SPL's 4th deadliest striker with 11 goals and 2 assists so far this season. 62% of shots on target.
Jamie_Walker_2646402b.jpg

Hearts have also recently signed a great new Greek defender Tavos Avlonitis
_94233230_herts.jpg

On Sunday it's Hibs at home for the 5th round of the Scottish cup.

Celtic 76
Aberdeen 52
Rangers 43
HOM 38

Celtic are now on 25 wins and 1 draw away at ICT.

Aberdeen have usurped Rangers and are now clearly the #2 team in the league although they did just lose 1-0 away at Hamilton. But they are 8-2 in their last 10.

Hearts lost the cup replay 3-1 to Hibs and lost 2-0 away to Partick Thistle on Saturday so they are slipping a bit but probably not going to go any lower than 4th really.

Scottish Cup 1/4 finals coming up:

Rangers vs Hamilton
Hibs vs Ayr
Celtic vs Saint Mirren
Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

hopefully Rangers can pull something out of the bag later on

Last edited:
Well the Scottish league has deteriorated into its usual late season stratified form, however now that Rangers are weakened Celtic are totally out of control and are now at 27 wins and 2 draws all season and 25 points clear of Aberdeen

Celtic 83
Aberdeen 58
Rangers 50
St Johnston 43
Hearts 41

Hearts are slipping after only having won one of their least 5. Rangers did get a 1-1 draw with Celtic- Hearts lost 2-0 at Aberdeen last week and in a week's time will be duly crushed by Celtic at Tynecastle.

I wonder if Celtic can go 10 in a row. They have a good manager in Brendan Rogers, their previous manager Delia (sp?) was pretty average.

This season will be Celtics 6th title in a row. Just four more years for the 10.

This season will be Celtics 6th title in a row. Just four more years for the 10.

Possible but I think Rangers shall get back into top gear in the next season or two. I don't see Celtic getting 10 in a row. Maybe 9 to equal the record.

Possible but I think Rangers shall get back into top gear in the next season or two. I don't see Celtic getting 10 in a row. Maybe 9 to equal the record.

I think if Brendan Rogers stays as manager, then they have a great chance of breaking the record.

If they had kept that Delia guy as manager, then I would agree with you

Rangers need more money and investment. They have a lot of catching up to do

Rangers have a new manager, Pedro Caixinha, I've never heard of him. Is he any good?

Or is he just an average foreign manager with a sexy name?

Rangers have a new manager, Pedro Caixinha, I've never heard of him. Is he any good?

Or is he just an average foreign manager with a sexy name?

Yeah he is legit and his career has been steadily ascending, he has had some big successes in Mexico before moving to Scotland. He is fairly young at 46 and used to be a bullfighter and is known for asking a lot of his players and playing dynamic, aggressive football. But apparently he is listening to what the local coaches and staff are saying as well not just trying to immediately change everything.

Obviously it is early days but Rangers looked great against Hamilton last time out (4-0) and this could be just the boss they need to move them forward at this point. We'll see how they do against Motherwell this Saturday then I think there are about 10 matches left this season. They are also back in profit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39365973

Rangers International Football Club has announced an operating profit of £300,000 in its unaudited results for the six months to 31 December 2016.

This compares favourably to a loss of £500,000 in the same period in 2015.

/

Revenue increased by £5.3m year on year to reach £16.3m thanks to bigger attendances, greater income from playing top-tier football and greater sponsorship and commercial income.

So look out Celtic the boys are back in town lol.

Celtic humiliate Hearts 5-0 at Tynecastle for their 6th league in a row with 8 games left to go.

Rangers get a dismaying 1-1 draw at home to Motherwell.

Aberdeen r*ped Dundee 7-0 away but are still 25 points behind Celtic.

The league is effectively over but there's still Celtic-Rangers and Aberdeen-Hibs in the cup semi finals on the 29th.

Wow Rangers made a big statement this weekend with a 3-0 win over Aberdeen away. There's not much change of them moving up to 2nd by the end of the season but that was one of theit biggest wins of the season and they are obviously serious about getting back up top.

Hearts get a much needed 3 points at home against Dundee 1-0, they are now 2-1-5 in their last 8 and in 5th place 5 points behind St Johnstone, very dissappointing last third of the season for Hearts.

Celtic 90
Aberdeen 64
Rangers 55
St Johnstone 49
Hearts 44

ICT are almost certainly going down but who the 2nd team is that goes down is still up for grabs.

Hearts get a mediocre 0-0 away draw at Killie

Hearts head coach Ian Cathro: "It's not acceptable [the result] because it's not what we wanted. Initially we controlled the match but we didn't create enough chances, we weren't enough of a threat.

"There's not tremendous confidence levels there, we're still building that. A draw away from home is not a disaster but we are disappointed.

"We need to be better. We are progressing, slowly, but we've got no concerns over where we are."

To be honest at this point of the season it's not tremendously significant, we are not going to catch the top teams or get a place in Europe and we are not getting relegated either. Disappointing but not a disaster.

Rangers 2.0 are continuing to impress with a solid 2-0 at home to Partick

Martyn Waghorn says Rangers' style of play has improved since Pedro Caixinha replaced Mark Warburton as manager.

Rangers have won two and drawn two of Caixinha's four games in charge, including an impressive 3-0 win over Aberdeen at Pittdorie last weekend.

The Portuguese has put an emphasis on a more aggressive approach in the attacking third.

"It's a better, quicker, direct style of play which all the forward boys are going to enjoy," Waghorn said.

"I think at times we did try and overplay (under Warburton). The manager wants us, when we play through lines to stay through lines, and attack the box as quickly as we can.

"As a striker it is nice to know we are going to be getting the ball in the box and get chances."

An interestingly Celtic have started to look ever so slightly wobbly of late with a 2-2 draw away to 8th placed Ross County. Things are definitely getting more interesting.

Celtic 91
Aberdeen 67
Rangers 58
St Johnstone 49
Hearts 45

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39764580

Rangers: Striker Kenny Miller says side can follow Celtic's lead for next season

_95847600_13507418.jpg

Kenny Miller reckons Rangers can learn from Celtic's example as they look to make major improvements next season.

The Ibrox outfit, thrashed 5-1 by Celtic on Saturday, are 36 points adrift of the champions and nine points behind second-placed Aberdeen.

But Miller believes Celtic have shown just how big an impact some key signings can make.

"You only need to look at them to see the difference a few players make," the 37-year-old striker said.

Despite winning the title last season, Celtic parted company with manager Ronny Deila in the summer and many observers predicted a squad overhaul.

But following the appointment of Brendan Rodgers and the capture of players such as Scott Sinclair and Moussa Dembele, Celtic have made huge strides.

The champions, who remain unbeaten domestically this term and will secure a treble if they beat Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup final in May, have won five and drawn one of the six Old Firm derbies this season, with two of those triumphs finishing 5-1.

Miller hopes his side can emulate their city rivals by making major improvements without wholesale changes.

"There is no doubt we need to strengthen, we need to be better," said Miller, who signed a new deal last week and scored Rangers' goal on Saturday. "But to start thinking you need to sign a whole new team, there is no proof that that is going to be the answer.

"As I said, you only need to look at them to see what a few good signings can make, and existing players being rejuvenated.

"But it is not my job to do that, it is up to the manager and the club to assess where we need to go and how many we need to bring in."

Hearts got another mediocre draw 2-2 hosting Partick. Partick have been employing efective stonewall tactics in the latter part of the season and only Rangers have beaten them in their last 10 but I still think Hearts could have done enough to get 3 from this.

Rangers got clowned 5-1 by Celtic at home.

Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone was an interesting result, apart from the Celtic situation the upper half of the table has got a bit more competitive. Rangers are going to have to work hard to catch up but I don't see any reason why they won't it's just a question of how long it will take to get back up to speed.

Hearts's next fixtures are Aberdeen at home and Rangers away lol. Probably going to finish about 7th.

Celtic will do in Aberdeen in the cup final on the 27th to complete their 100 point league win.

Yeah he is legit and his career has been steadily ascending, he has had some big successes in Mexico before moving to Scotland. He is fairly young at 46 and used to be a bullfighter and is known for asking a lot of his players and playing dynamic, aggressive football. But apparently he is listening to what the local coaches and staff are saying as well not just trying to immediately change everything.

Obviously it is early days but Rangers looked great against Hamilton last time out (4-0) and this could be just the boss they need to move them forward at this point. We'll see how they do against Motherwell this Saturday then I think there are about 10 matches left this season. They are also back in profit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39365973

Rangers International Football Club has announced an operating profit of £300,000 in its unaudited results for the six months to 31 December 2016.

This compares favourably to a loss of £500,000 in the same period in 2015.

/

Revenue increased by £5.3m year on year to reach £16.3m thanks to bigger attendances, greater income from playing top-tier football and greater sponsorship and commercial income.

So look out Celtic the boys are back in town lol.
<TrumpWrong1>

Celtic 4 - 1 St Johnston
Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers
Hearts 1 - 2 Aberdeen

Celtic continue racking up the cricket scores.
Tough matchup for Hearts but again they need to be getting 3 points at home if they have any ambition of becoming relevant to the top of the table again. A draw at worst against the top teams.
Rangers went 1-0 but pulled together and came out with a good win. Celtic did not like what they saw I'm sure.

_95944711_13522421.jpg

Ian Cathro insists he retains total confidence in his ability despite his Hearts side slipping to another defeat.

The Jambos are six points adrift of fourth-placed St Johnstone in the battle for a Europa League berth after Sunday's 2-1 home defeat by Aberdeen.

But Cathro, who was named head coach in December and has lost 10 of his 19 Premiership games, remains bullish.

"There is not one thing that could happen that will rock my confidence in my work - that's impossible," he said.

Cathro, who also oversaw a Scottish Cup defeat by rivals Hibernian in February, was aware of the widespread anger within the Tynecastle stands when he took midfielder Don Cowie off in the second half against the Dons.

Boos also rang out at the final whistle, and Cathro was jeered when he later emerged onto the pitch with the players to thank what fans remained in the ground for their support, after their final home game of the season, before Tynecastle's Main Stand is demolished.

"The fans are not happy, they are angry and upset and frustrated, because the team are not getting results," he told BBC Scotland. "I am the person who is responsible for that.

"I have absolute confidence in myself and in my work to find the things we need. We will deal with a bit of tension and anger, and we will build and grow. There will be different voices coming from that new stand."

Back