Hearn : "Wilder wil have a contract to sign by the end of the week" - the saga continues

I may be being optimistic but the quietness from both sides since the claim of a contract being sent for the end of last week, gives me a lot of hope...
If Wilders team hadn't signed it, wouldn't Hearn have said by now?
If the contract hadn't been sent or had B. Sht terms in it, wouldn't Wilders team have said by now?

I feel like they must be working out details as I type this...

Any ideas?

Hopefully.

I'm thinking its the date of the fight more than anything, Wilder prob know's now to forget playing hardball with the terms, he already knew the terms before he announced he'll accept so that shouldn't be the issue.

Hearn said they've had the terms for 4 weeks.

I may be being optimistic but the quietness from both sides since the claim of a contract being sent for the end of last week, gives me a lot of hope...
If Wilders team hadn't signed it, wouldn't Hearn have said by now?
If the contract hadn't been sent or had B. Sht terms in it, wouldn't Wilders team have said by now?

I feel like they must be working out details as I type this...

Any ideas?

Even if Wilder has the contract its clear that AJs ducking

I don't think any of this is ducking from either party, in fact, its a stupid term for this situation that each side of fans are using for some reason...
One side (Wilder) tried to hardball in order to gain interest, get the best deal/payday and tried to use the fact that he had the last belt for AJ to collect and the knowledge that Hearn/AJ want/need to crack the US in order to make the final step to superstar do, as leverage.
The other side (AJ/Hearn) tried to dictate terms using the fact they pull better numbers, make way more money for both parties, have multiple belts and a better resumè therefore being the challenged rather than the challenger, as leverage...

It's become a longer more drawn out negotiation process than let's say, Wilder vs Splizka or AJ vs Martin for those reasons, neither Martin or Splizka vs the aforementioned fighters had any leverage whatsoever so it was just a case of :
"here's what you're doing to get paid now sign"

Having to spell any of that out to anyone is a bit ridiculous but then I'm a generous guy and happy to help people be less ignorant to situations.

Ps. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not so if so, this message is directed at the people who follow your comments narrative regardless...

Its pretty obvious that both of them are terrified of Pulev. This is being hilariously overlooked.

I don't think any of this is ducking from either party, in fact, its a stupid term for this situation that each side of fans are using for some reason...
One side (Wilder) tried to hardball in order to gain interest, get the best deal/payday and tried to use the fact that he had the last belt for AJ to collect and the knowledge that Hearn/AJ want/need to crack the US in order to make the final step to superstar do, as leverage.
The other side (AJ/Hearn) tried to dictate terms using the fact they pull better numbers, make way more money for both parties, have multiple belts and a better resumè therefore being the challenged rather than the challenger, as leverage...

It's become a longer more drawn out negotiation process than let's say, Wilder vs Splizka or AJ vs Martin for those reasons, neither Martin or Splizka vs the aforementioned fighters had any leverage whatsoever so it was just a case of :
"here's what you're doing to get paid now sign"

Having to spell any of that out to anyone is a bit ridiculous but then I'm a generous guy and happy to help people be less ignorant to situations.

Ps. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not so if so, this message is directed at the people who follow your comments narrative regardless...

I was being sarcastic lol

Imo most of the last few months has been a bit of a power struggle. You can’t blame either team for for trying to get their man every little advantage. Fighting on home soil is potentially massive; having that crowd behind you and not getting fcked around like wlad used to do to his opponents in Germany. But even in these negotiating stages, no one wants to be seen to be giving ground, and id imagine that has been the sticking point

Neither of these fellas are scared or ducking. Same with the promoters. My concern months ago was these guys going in to negotiations not on equal terms, and that seems to be the issue, reading between the lines? I said at the time that wilder should’ve gone all out to get Parker in the ring, because this fight wouldve been easier to make had they both had a couple of belts a piece

Its pretty obvious that both of them are terrified of Pulev. This is being hilariously overlooked.
They'll just wait him out until he's so long in the tooth that he'll need an oral surgeon to extract it.

Sounds like pure duckanomics 101.
Now I know how crazy Pac fans were made to be when "their guy" had to wait 5 years of his prime away trying to get Floyd fight done. .
Umm Manny declined Random Testing in 2009 bud...

"Joshua v Wilder contract sent THREE DAYS LATE comes with 'SIGN NOW OR WE FIGHT POVETKIN' warning"

........ back over to you Wilder, you said "I will accept the terms" so accept them.

This is it, he signs the contract and its on!

This is how it will play out imo.
It's just, it looks really bad if he takes the Povetkin fight in Russia. If he takes it in the UK, it's just a risky choice, but taking it in Russia makes the Wilder negotiations about fighting in the US first seem bad.

But the date, I think 2 things are in play, 1)it has to be a little bit long enough after the GGG/Canelo rematch so people aren't spending money on ppv so soon after another, and 2) though they won't admit it, I doubt they put on a PPV in November if McGregor is fighting as well.

AJ took 2 weeks to turn down $50 million with 50-50 upside. Wilder is reviewing a much shittier offer that most likely delays the fight until 2019, so I'd rather he not rush.

After all, "the devil's in the details" as AJ said. Can't "sell your soul" either.

It's just, it looks really bad if he takes the Povetkin fight in Russia. If he takes it in the UK, it's just a risky choice, but taking it in Russia makes the Wilder negotiations about fighting in the US first seem bad.

But the date, I think 2 things are in play, 1)it has to be a little bit long enough after the GGG/Canelo rematch so people aren't spending money on ppv so soon after another, and 2) though they won't admit it, I doubt they put on a PPV in November if McGregor is fighting as well.
It would be best if it was on a different billing cycle for sure. No one wants to pay for two PPVs in one month. And the McGregor fight, assuming it happens, will really play into their decision, too. So that leaves October if they want a stadium show. Even then it would be sandwiched between two big, big events, so I’m not even sure how viable that is. Of course, we’re talking about heavyweights here, and one of them is a decent trash talker, and the other a bonafide superstar, so they might not be worried about competition.

Back