Headphones

D Train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on wireless headphones. Do you guys prefer buds or over the ear? Any favorite brands that aren't crazy expensive? I'm talking about specifically for working out.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. The wires are a nuisance sometimes.

I've always used on ear, my preference was total battery life, and the buds have a really short life (5-12h) so I went with the on ears.

This is the one I'm currently using, its fine. The battery lasts a long time too (40h)
mdrzx330bt.jpg

mdr-zx330bt

I've always used on ear, my preference was total battery life, and the buds have a really short life (5-12h) so I went with the on ears.

This is the one I'm currently using, its fine. The battery lasts a long time too (40h)
mdrzx330bt.jpg

mdr-zx330bt
What's the range on those? How far away from your device can you be?

What's the range on those? How far away from your device can you be?
I got these on sale for $60 CAD, over here they're $100 normally, so they're going to be cheaper if you're in America for sure.
As for distance, I'm not sure, I've always had my device close. The farthest I've had with interruption is when I'm in the bathroom, and my phone/ipod was in my room. Basically down the hallway, 3 rooms apart.

I've been thinking of some BT headphones for the gym.

Do the on-ear ones cut out any ambient noise at all? The gym I'm at plays banging dance music at stupid volumes 24/7.

I quite like the look of the Jabra Move ones:
item_xl_7933231_7086777.jpg

I've been thinking of some BT headphones for the gym.

Do the on-ear ones cut out any ambient noise at all? The gym I'm at plays banging dance music at stupid volumes 24/7.

I quite like the look of the Jabra Move ones:
item_xl_7933231_7086777.jpg
Yeah mine cuts out the gym speaker music, we even have a stupid alarm thing (I'm not at planet fatness) and I barely heard it when it rang off.
You still are able to hear weight slam and bars re-racking, etc.

The only issue with on-ear is that sometimes what you listen to might leak out, and in a quieter place, folks around might hear what you're listening to. So if you're listening to Teletubbies or My Little Pony, they'll hear it and will judge you immediately

Last edited:
So if you're listening to Teletubbies or My Little Pony, they'll hear it and will judge you immediately

Sod the music leakage. My gym shirt leaves them in no doubt:

Women-Men-font-b-Bronies-b-font-font-b-T-b-font-font-b-Shirt-b.jpg

I just use the stock IPhone ones. The over the ear ones fill up with sweat and I feel like I'm diving underwater or something. Plus, jagoffs are less likely to lift cheap ear buds while you're showering.

I've used the Jaybird BlueBuds X for a couple years and still love them. I go to the gym, run outside, even heavy bag workouts. With HB workouts they are more prone to come out but a thin head band over the ears works.

Pros and cons for both. The over ears are more comfortable but do get hot and sweaty. I've found the buds tend to pop out when doing certain exercises like bent rows, or jogging. Battery life on both are fine - I charge them maybe weekly, and both are good at drowning out the awful music at the gym. Picked up some no name brand from amazon for £15 each.

Pros and cons for both. The over ears are more comfortable but do get hot and sweaty. I've found the buds tend to pop out when doing certain exercises like bent rows, or jogging. Battery life on both are fine - I charge them maybe weekly, and both are good at drowning out the awful music at the gym. Picked up some no name brand from amazon for £15 each.
Usually after each set I end up wiping down my headphones on my shorts or towel. Its a bit menial, but its not too much of a burden

Usually after each set I end up wiping down my headphones on my shorts or towel. Its a bit menial, but its not too much of a burden

Ditto! Think most of the over ear styles are a leather type material, and I think a more absorbent fabric would be less of a problem.

Listening to stuff while training always distracts me. I just never got into it.

Listening to stuff while training always distracts me. I just never got into it.

Each to their own. I find the music locks out the distractions and helps me mentally focus.

I have these in black. Had two pairs of Beats that fell apart and Monster (didnt like the sound) and these have been my favorite. JBL makes really nice ones similar to this but theyre just too big.

These are easy on the wallet, sound good, -!: the battery lasts a long time. Year+ of use 4-6 days a week and going strong.
skullcandy-uproar-wireless-headphones.jpg

I've used the Jaybird BlueBuds X for a couple years and still love them. I go to the gym, run outside, even heavy bag workouts. With HB workouts they are more prone to come out but a thin head band over the ears works.
bro i've heard so much about jaybird x2 and i bought them for 1 month ago and they are annoying to put in and for some reasson wont stay in :(

Back