HBO's website has been blocked in China after John Oliver criticised Xi Jinping

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
  • John Oliver used his HBO show, "Last Week Tonight," to mock Chinese president Xi Jinping for his censorship and human rights record.
  • Weibo, the country's largest social network, blocked all mention of Oliver and scrubbed recent posts about him in response.
  • Now China's censorship authorities have blocked HBO's website in response.
  • "Last Week Tonight" was already not available in China, but blocking the site is still a symbolic move against the network.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/china-blocks-hbo-after-john-oliver-criticises-xi-jinping-2018-6

That's some EU type shit right there.

No kidding. Their internet is blocked to high heaven.

nice to see western media step away from there Putin obsession.

They ain't taking no more guff from the baizuo anymore.

In before Trump joke of blocking people on Twitter. lol.

I'm not surprised.

What was interesting was finding out that his segments showing British Parliment were blocked in the UK because they have some weird allow that forbids making a mockery of parliment or some shit.

No kidding. Their internet is blocked to high heaven.

Yeah, this is why tech stocks like FB going down over trade wars is illogical and won't last. They barely do any business in China. They aren't allowed there. lol.

In fact, those stocks are already recovering. Even Apple. Who is one of the few big tech companies I have concerns about in trade wars with China.

What was interesting was finding out that his segments showing British Parliment were blocked in the UK because they have some weird allow that forbids making a mockery of parliment or some shit.
I knew we fought a war against them twice for a reason other than being allowed to not give two shits about royal weddings.

• "Last Week Tonight" was already not available in China, but blocking the site is still a symbolic move against the network.
fgHoty0.gif

I'm not surprised.

I stream his show on my firestick so I got the American version..... and I didnt even know about that law until he mentioned it lol

• John Oliver used his HBO show, "Last Week Tonight," to mock Chinese president Xi Jinping for his censorship and human rights record.
  • Weibo, the country's largest social network, blocked all mention of Oliver and scrubbed recent posts about him in response.
  • Now China's censorship authorities have blocked HBO's website in response.
http://www.thisisinsider.com/china-blocks-hbo-after-john-oliver-criticises-xi-jinping-2018-6

Make China Great For Once!!!

Back