HBO's WATCHMEN TV Series

Update: September 19, 2017

Damon Lindelof Begins Production on WATCHMEN Series for HBO

After months of rumor, speculation, and debunking, it seems as though we’ll once again be able to watch The Watchmen.

A new photo posted to writer and producer Damon Lindelof’s Instagram page indicate that pre-production has begun on HBO’s adaptation of the seminal comic book by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

The picture features a closeup shot of the statue the first Nite-Owl received when he retired from the superhero life. The image was infamously used on the cover of Watchmen #8, with the issue featuring the character being beaten to death with the statue.

Damon Lindelof Begins Work on His ‘Watchmen’ TV Show For HBO

if done right will be great. The main thing is to do it as a one, maybe 2 seasons tops. no before watchmen stuff, and no stuff after the main story with filler to a minimum.

Last edited:
BBC needs to do a crime procedural based on V FOR VENDETTA. I can picture how it should go.

Update: September 19, 2017

Damon Lindelof Begins Production on WATCHMEN Series for HBO

After months of rumor, speculation, and debunking, it seems as though we’ll once again be able to watch The Watchmen.

A new photo posted to writer and producer Damon Lindelof’s Instagram page indicate that pre-production has begun on HBO’s adaptation of the seminal comic book by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

The picture features a closeup shot of the statue the first Nite-Owl received when he retired from the superhero life. The image was infamously used on the cover of Watchmen #8, with the issue featuring the character being beaten to death with the statue.

Damon Lindelof Begins Work on His ‘Watchmen’ TV Show For HBO

IMG_1544.PNG

Please please please please please please.

It has the potential to be great. I'm just hoping Lindelof doesn't write himself into a corner again.

Larry David should play Nite Owl.

Prettah prettah good

The film was imo one of the best comic book films ever made. If they can make the show live up to it i'll be super stoked!

Looking forward to this one.
:)

The film was imo one of the best comic book films ever made. If they can make the show live up to it i'll be super stoked!

Looking forward to this one.
:)

I don't know why it gets shit on. It did a good job living up to the graphic novel. The only thing I thought was wrong with the movie was that it was too short to cover everything in the graphic novel.

I don't know why it gets shit on. It did a good job living up to the graphic novel. The only thing I thought was wrong with the movie was that it was too short to cover everything in the graphic novel.

Nite Owl and Ozymandias were off. It's a cool looking movie with fun kung fu fighting scenes but the adaption is off. It's like Snyder flipped through the comic but didn't actually read it.

I'm excited to see how they will approach this, Watchmen under HBO has the potential to be absolutely phenomenal.

It's happening, eh? Cool. They have some small(Veidt, Silk Specter), medium(Night Owl), and large(Comedian, Dr. Manhattan, Rorshach) shoes to fill, as far as characters go.

Nite Owl and Ozymandias were off. It's a cool looking movie with fun kung fu fighting scenes but the adaption is off. It's like Snyder flipped through the comic but didn't actually read it.

Honestly, it seemed like a hell of a lot more than that to me.

I never read the comics, but remember, the goal is to make the best movie possible. They base the story on a comic but have no responsibility to be faithful to it. It's a different medium, and a different approach is often the best bet.

I loved the film and can't wait for the show.

Honestly, it seemed like a hell of a lot more than that to me.

I never read the comics, but remember, the goal is to make the best movie possible. They base the story on a comic but have no responsibility to be faithful to it. It's a different medium, and a different approach is often the best bet.

I loved the film and can't wait for the show.

I felt the movie was faithful to a fault, actually. It was a little lifeless, because Snyder only seemed to be concerned with getting each panel of the comic recreated perfectly. Unfortunately, for me anyways, I find when movies do that, and just take the comic and make it as authentic to the source material as possible, it doesn't translate well, and falls a bit flat.

Where the movie really failed though, was it's criminally underdeveloped portrayal of Adrien Veidt. That's one area where the series should have no excuses for improving.

I imagine non-readers of the comic might've had a different reaction to the movie, than readers though. For the most part, it is well done, and the story is good enough if all you ever saw was the movie. For the comic fans though, all you can do is compare, and the comic is undeniably deeper thanks to the Hollis Mason chapters, and other details the film just didn't have time to develop with the way it was made, being more of panel for panel recreation. Everything just had more weight to it in the comic. It was still cool seeing it come to life though, even with the mixed results, and they did really nail some characters.

if done right will be great. The main thing is to do it as a one, maybe 2 seasons tops. no before watchmen stuff, and no stuff after the main story with filler to a minimum.
You hit the nail on the head. The trick will be to not get greedy. Even restricting themselves exclusively to the book they'll have enough material for a solid two seasons, possibly three if they skip nothing. But yes, stay away from the "Before" crap.

Back