HBO's WATCHMEN TV Series

Was intrigued until I read Damon Lindelof's name. He fucked up Prometheus and is not a good writer or storyteller. The series will probably be a complete mess.

Snyder's Watchmen is a faithful adaption of the source material, I don't get why so many people shit on it.
It's almost impossibly to faithfullly adapt a work of the breadth and depth of Watchmen into a 2.5 hour movie. Snyder did a commendable job, but IMO the material always deserved a miniseries treatment. There was so much supplementary content and subplots left out of the film.

the same guy who did lost and prometheus? that'll suck then,but i love the film.

Cant wait, best superhero film by far. I hope they are using the same guy that made the film.

If they focus on the Minute Men they could go to some GREAT places while keeeping the movie intact.

The worst part of the movie was how fucking close it was to being great. That book was impossible to film.

Impossible.

It was too much. Then Zach Snyder comes along and says he's gonna do the entire series and back story in 2 hours? That movie was like watching Chael vs Silvia 1. You were kind of curious to see how bad it would be but in the first few seconds they pull a rabbit out of the hat and you realize they just might pull it off and in the end they fall short.

You can't even be mad because it was so much more then it should've been and it's ultimate failure actually makes it more endearing.

They were SO close. Recast Veidt, get rid of Halleueuah and change Night Owls reaction in the end and you have a damn fine flick.

But damnit it's Damon Lindellof.

He's like the Cerebal Palsy of story telling.

Haters gonna hate.

Lindelof if perfect for this story/show.

I guess a lot of people haven't watched The Leftovers. That was an incredible show that Lindelof just finished.

They were SO close. Recast Veidt, get rid of Halleueuah and change Night Owls reaction in the end and you have a damn fine flick.

Not just recast Veidt, but actually focus on him. He's such an important character, and they treated him like a typical mustache twirling villain. Totally killed the mystery in the movie.

In fact, if they do go forward with this, they'd be wise to make Veidt more of a central character, and fix his interpretation. That alone could do wonders to separate it from the flick.

I'll watch it.

I mean, it will probably at least be entertaining.

Not just recast Veidt, but actually focus on him. He's such an important character, and they treated him like a typical mustache twirling villain.

Mustache twirling villain how? He literally said everything he did was to save billions of people. Save the world from nuclear armageddon. Nowhere in all that did he say he wanted to take over the world, or blow it up "just because." Or because good is dumb.

That last one was a Spaceballs joke.

Mustache twirling villain how? He literally said everything he did was to save billions of people.

In his portrayal, hes a mustache twirling villain. My point is, in the comic Veidt is not so obviously the villain(so to speak). First time reading it, I had no idea he was behind everything. It was a tight mystery, that kept you guessing until the end. In the movie, you know he's the bad guy from the first two seconds he's on screen. Like I said, his portrayal in the movie ruined the mystery, which is half the hook of the comic. Not only is his screen time extremely limited, but his character is never properly explored. He's just the bad guy, and it's so painfully obvious in the movie. In the book, you never would guess it, because he never comes across as a dick, unlike in the movie. His motivation and reasoning is more fleshed out in the comic and everything comes together much better.

Just saying, if they're going to do a series, doing Veidt's character justice is where they should start.

Cool. I liked the movie. Fingers crossed this isn't shit.

Not really. Aside from the ending it's one of the most faithful adaptations of a comic to date.

It got Ozymandias and NIte Owl wrong. It also left out Dr. Malcolm, which I can sort of forgive due to time constraints.

It got Ozymandias and NIte Owl wrong. It also left out Dr. Malcolm, which I can sort of forgive due to time constraints.
I didn't say it was perfect. But it was overall an incredibly faithful adaptation.

I didn't say it was perfect. But it was overall an incredibly faithful adaptation.

If he can't get 2 of the main characters right and omit an important explanation for one of them then i'd hold off on calling it incredibly faithful. It's more like he flipped through the comic, tried to get it to look right, but never really read the story.

Back