HBO passes on Manny Pacquaio fight, drops him from contract

I agree it can't be just because it's a mismatch. Yes it's a disappointing fight but Vargas is still a top ten ww with a strap. There have been far worse mismatches on ppv. Canelo Smith is worse and that's going to be on hbo ppv.
They must be betting on Manny being washed up.

They must be betting on Manny being washed up.

Which wouldn't be a bad bet, considering his age and career of wars. Unfortunately, he just outclassed and outboxed an elite welterweight in Tim Bradley for the third time just earlier this year. It was his most dominant showing of the three. Manny's still got it.

Because those guys still sold ppvs, it's not fkn rocket science

Roy Jones Jr never sold well on PPV. His best PPVs are pretty much in line with Manny Pacquiao's worst. He broke 500k one time, and never sold more than the 300's outside of that.

He has one victory over a top 5 ATG. Just like Norton.

I'm going to throw Hasim Rahman into this conversation. He also has one victory over a top 5 ATG. Rahman is a true American hero for that punch.

lewis_rahman_1.gif

I'm going to throw Hasim Rahman into this conversation. He also has one victory over a top 5 ATG. Rahman is a true American hero for that punch.

lewis_rahman_1.gif
McCall beat one ATG and often appears in top 10 ATG heavies lists. Oh but his fight with Holmes was really good, right?

McCall beat one ATG and often appears in top 10 ATG heavies lists. Oh but his fight with Holmes was really good, right?

Hasim Rahman also holds boxing's world record for hematoma size.

2.jpg

McCall appears on top ten ATG lists? Those guys need some yellows or maybe even a ban... :D

I think I'm remembering Wolak having a nasty melon growing out the side of his head in one of his fights as well.

Good. It's a nice way of saying we don't want bad fights anymore.

Also they don't want to hurt the Kovalev-Ward PPV. If you have two PPV's two weeks apart it's going to hurt one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back