HBO officials are furious at Andre Ward for blowing off the Kovalev Face Off.

It is incumbent on the poster to provide references for their claims, especially when they're as controversial as this. Otherwise we'll have forums filled with a bunch of fake news, if that's what you want.

I googled "Lewis Gorilla" and got nothing. So that seems BS.

As far as the Ward thing, it was tacky but tacky != racist. Black people talk to each other like that, or like what that was attempting to portray. Are people not allowed to parody how other people talk to each other?
You can do a better search than that. Some people have attributed it to his sense of humor, or Russian culture, but he isn't helping his image with some of the things he's posted.

Kovalev looked scared in all the face-offs they had before.

Two sides to every story but dont like it either way. And Kovalev can fuck off with the racist stuff, again.

Where's the meme? Did you happen upon it? I'm not casting aspersions on the veracity of the quotation, by the way. Just curious.

Kovalev looked scared in all the face-offs they had before.

Yeah, I don't think Kovalev gets scared. Mentally frustrated, perhaps. Scared? That seems less consistent with his existing portrayal, than being angered or perplexed.

Cmon, we know he's done racist shit, I can make sectarian posts or call anybody from wales a sheep shagger and it's still not cool.

see, that's racist. Some black people talk to each other like that, but to just say "black people talk to each other like that" is racist.

all of the evidence points to Kovalev being racist and you're burying your hand in the sand over it. Get over it, he's still a really good fighter.

also, don't pull this "everybody is dumb" shit. You're the one who routinely uses big words in the wrong context just to sounds smart. I nearly lost my shit laughing when I saw you say "Cro Magnum"

The Mirko Signature Edition Condom by Trojan®

Ward is a pretty brilliant boxer but a complete idiot as far as marketing himself to fans. He could have gone off on Kov during the face off for not showing up to the Canelo/Chavez fight. Instead he chooses to fuck himself over by skipping the main thing that hypes up the fight itself. That has to cost him both money and future negotiating power with HBO.

If he loses I imagine he'll either tearfully re-re-retire because boxing is unfairly stacked against him yet again or he'll be back with Roc Nation on BET fighting random dudes from the Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings where they happen to set up the ring.

Last edited:
We've gone over this tons of time. Comparing someone to an animal based on perceptions of their appearance is not proof or racism.

And one incident is not proof of a billion rumors you've cited without a single shred of proof.

Didn't you spend a whole thread claiming that comparing a black person to a monkey isn't racist in Eastern Europe even after several posters demonstrated to you that it's probably the most common racist trope regarding black people in Eastern Europe?

If I said I grew up somewhere where racial slurs are used commonplace and it's 96% white and said some of them I'd expect to get banned here.

I didn't like Hopkins the racist, but I liked to watch Hopkins the boxer. And I don't like to judge what is in a man's heart unless I know him. Some of that crap is just pot-stirring. If Kov is racist, I'd just say I don't really focus on that with him, either. Just enjoy watching him in there. He is a fighter first and a boxer second. Might not serve him well in a rematch with Ward at all, but he'll damn sure be coming for Andre.
I can't wait for this and then with GGG/Canelo done, good stuff ahead, right? Good boxing. Good fights.

We have been blessed for the rest of this year. I can feel it. The disappointing shutout main this past weekend was the catalyst. Props to Canelo, he fought well, just looked like Chavez wanted to survive and wouldn't attack, so it wasn't so pleasing to the eye. But he did his damn job, that's for sure. Looked very strong.

Ward should be professional enough to show if he didn't and Kov should be professional enough to show if he didn't, but...

Ward is such a diva!

And one hell of a boxer.

Ward is the anti-McGregor in terms of selling a fight.

Back