HBO 24/7 GGG vs Jacobs

We'll see in his next fights. I doubt that we'll see Golovkin the way he used to be again.
He started to neglect his defense a long time ago. At this point he can't get away with it anymore.

The guy is 35, by the time the Canelo/Eubank fights happen he'll be 36 ...do you guys really have so much interest in it?
I thought Canelo had a good chance beating him even about two years ago, but back then it was a toss up. Today most would favor Canelo.
So you just going to ignore the fact that he had a step up in competition and size????
Just gonna ignore that, pivot right pass it. Forget like 27 people just calmly and logically told you that.
Hello this thing, on????

Don't do this. Fucking stupid. GGG is a great fighter . He isn't done by any means. Danny waa better tonight but that doesn't mean it us time to shit on GGG that's not being a boxing fan

tbh I was surprised he was able to maintain domiance into his 30s with his style. But he had an extentive amateur run, turned pro relatively late. When you go with that style, you better cut down your amateur fights to 150-200 fights.

tbh I was surprised he was able to maintain domiance into his 30s with his style. But he had an extentive amateur run, turned pro relatively late. When you go with that style, you better cut down your amateur fights to 150-200 fights.

Or maybe he faced a genuinely good fighter for the first time.

Or maybe he faced a genuinely good fighter for the first time.
Nah... its not like a bigger, skilled, hard hitting dude who defied his environment, cancer, and Drs. Had anything to do with the outcome of this fight. I guess GGG was in there shadow boxing. Not like the other guy was legit ranked, a champion, or fighting for million dollar paydays for his family.

We'll see in his next fights. I doubt that we'll see Golovkin the way he used to be again.
He started to neglect his defense a long time ago. At this point he can't get away with it anymore.

The guy is 35, by the time the Canelo/Eubank fights happen he'll be 36 ...do you guys really have so much interest in it?
I thought Canelo had a good chance beating him even about two years ago, but back then it was a toss up. Today most would favor Canelo.

What do you see different about him. If you honestly believed he was letting guys hit him then I don't know what to tell you,

Not to many guys who currently hit harder then or are a better boxer in our weight range. Of course we are interested in it. We won tonight (according to the public) and it's a big pay day.

Canelo is beatable

Neglecting defense = letting guys hit you

lol, dork.

I actually found Golovkin pretty sharp defensively tonight.

I thought that Danny would be a huge test for him to see how he would handle an elite fighter, and GGG did pretty good.

Many people say that he was more reluctant to engage than usual and slower, so he must have slipped. Jacobs made him look that way IMO, not his age.

Danny was bigger and faster than him, plus he was hitting hard.
That's what made Golovkin throw less and at the second half seem slower than usual.

Just watched this event. Wow! Great card and could have been one of the biggest nights of upsets ever. Personally I think the GGG fight was indeed a robbery. Had Jacobs 3 up going into the last round.

However GGG ain't done but may be easier to get Canelo in the ring with him now. The night belonged to Jacobs. Great showing, I didn't give him much of a chance and he proved me so wrong

@RR is a standup guy and a man of his word.
Would vouch for him. Legit
His word is bond.
Thanks for all the info and posts. You made a great fight even more exciting.
A real asset to the forum!

@RR is a standup guy and a man of his word.
Would vouch for him. Legit
His word is bond.
Thanks for all the info and posts. You made a great fight even more exciting.
A real asset to the forum!

Appreciate that. Thanks for supporting the fight

Its an unwritten rule in MMA and boxing, an unwritten rule I wholeheartedly agree with.
To call it a rule is even a bit much its fucking common sense, if you are a judge at ring side you just do not do that, even more so when The Champ(GGG) is the aggressor in all rounds.

How does that work? At the end of the fight you just switch two rounds you scored for the challenger to the champion? You realize judges score the fight round by round as the fight goes on, not all at once at the end, right?

Great fight, Golovkin deserved winner, i) clearly the aggressor pretty much all of the rounds ii) landed the bigger shots several times iii) undisputed champ you cannot just beat him by a single point winging every close round iv) the first 3 rounds were so close i couldnt score at the time, they are the champs rounds for me in that case.
If you lose, you lose. Apply that mentality to any other sport and it become clear how stupid it is. Imagine saying a team didn't win the super bowl because they only led by one field goal.

If you lose, you lose. Apply that mentality to any other sport and it become clear how stupid it is. Imagine saying a team didn't win the super bowl because they only led by one field goal.
Or saying, " I feel the team that had the most rebounds and dunks won the basketball game. Not the points. Duh"

Very true when you say it like that but maybe, just maybe it should be made known to the challenger he has to be the aggressor to win a close decision?

How would you feel being GGG losing your belts 115-114 when you were the aggressor getting one knockdown? you dont really have to answer that right?

The RDA vs Pettis fight is what I call the blueprint for a decision over a champ, at the very least a Garbrandt/Cruz style fight, a clear win in anybodies eyes for the challenger.

Back