HBO 24/7 - Canelo vs GGG

First 24/7 which was half interesting in years.

Anyone else find it funny that we're basically watching the same episode of Canelo's life/hometown/where-he-came-from every single year? Its like a remake every time they do another 24/7 for his next fight.

I used to be able to watch these in Europe, me thinks.
Fuck you HBO.

First 24/7 which was half interesting in years.

Anyone else find it funny that we're basically watching the same episode of Canelo's life/hometown/where-he-came-from every single year? Its like a remake every time they do another 24/7 for his next fight.

Yeah, I feel like the interesting half of it was the Golovkin half for sure. The Canelo half was just the same shit as forever.

My thought is that these 24/7 episodes must be aired on some European cable tv networks, hence the license problems.
As far as I can tell, I have no problem whatsoever watching the fights they occassionally offer on their YT channel.

I don't know how it is for you guys, but for me (in Belgium), it's incredibly hard to legally watch fights. In the UK you've got networks like SKY and services like BoxNation who offer content. However, over here, cable or sport networks (on demand) hardly show fights.

I really dig that Golden Boy started offering fights through their own website and such.

I have no problem putting down cash for a great fight (I actually prefer it to looking for shitty streams and such), but my god, does this business have their work cut out for them to get with the times from a technological standpoint...

I pray to the winds we get to see something like the "Netflix of Sports", which I can just access through a browser service or on my PS4, somewhere in the near future. It'll probably never happen because of all those legal problems with licenses and such, but it's bad business on their part to make it next to impossible for a guy like me, willing to blow a good chunk of his disposable income on fights, to even watch them.

If the NBA can somehow make it work that I can watch all their games through multiple devices, so should the greatest sport known to man :3

/rant

It was the same thing with Mayweather and Pac. Anytime there was a 24/7 about them, it was either "look at all the cars" or "look at where he came from" respectively. Same thing happened with Guerrero. Every special or behind-the-scenes look ended up being about his wife.

What was interesting about the Golovkin half?

He enters every single room like this for the entirety of the episode.

g5v9QZ.gif

That always seems to happen after they're profiled more than three or four times. The Mayweather and Pac ones became pretty much interchangeable past a certain point.

What?!?

you aren't tired of seeing how rich Mayweather is?

or how large Manny's entourage is, or how Freddy Roach has Parkinsons?

I wish Pacquiao would fight Guerrero, just for the 24/7. I'd like to hear more about Manny's political career and Guerrero's wife's cancer.

That always seems to happen after they're profiled more than three or four times. The Mayweather and Pac ones became pretty much interchangeable past a certain point.
Yeah, I feel like the interesting half of it was the Golovkin half for sure. The Canelo half was just the same shit as forever.

It always gets repetitive. But Floyd will show some new car he bought, and Manny will visit some new village as a congressman, or some shit. But wilth Canelo it seems to be nothing interesting at all.

I enjoyed the Golovkin part, him visiting his old training center, and the aerial shots of Kazakhstan. I want to see more footage of that. GGG's videos have a lot of potential. Not only does he have a deeper story to share about his brothers; but KZ is also a pretty advanced and developing country with a lot of architecture & landscape on offer for TV. The shots would be amazing.

Back