Hayabusa FightGear?

tinoheat728

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know if hayabusa sparring gloves or fight equipment is worth the money? anyone ever use it? ive been looking for some gloves for a long time. any commmens are appreciated thanks

Their sparring gloves are a bit too hard for sparring, but would be OK for some pad and bag work. The wrist support is excellent.

In my opinion Hayabusa's rashguards are second only to Manto. They also make some of the best shorts out.

Their MMA gloves are the best out there along with Fairtex.

For MMA shin guards you can't really beat Hayabusa, but they won't protect you with hard kicking involved. The headgear is pretty nice and the bag gloves are decent.

I have the Hayabusa shinguards and they are excellent. They fit really well and they'll hardly move at all during grappling or stand up. The padding is really nice for bag kicks but I have yet to spar with them since I just got them Monday.

Tons of guys at the gym have Hayabusa gear and swear by it.

I use strictly HB. It's definitely worth it. Specially shinguards. Top of the line.

First time my GF saw the logo, she thought it said Hannah Montana. Seriously I think my GF is dyslexic.

shin guards were too light on the padding for my taste. (gave them away)
sparring gloves were a bit too "rough" as well. (sold them)

shorts are cool. (own)
rashy is nice. (own)

that's all the gear i have or had.

Hayabusa are considered the best. They also have some shortcomings, which were pointed out by fellow posters.

The biggest problem with any grappling style shin guards is- They are an absolute sono***un to GET OFF!

But- they have really nice gear, that I sell at my site (they asked...)

Best of luck!

Hayabusa are considered the best. They also have some shortcomings, which were pointed out by fellow posters.

The biggest problem with any grappling style shin guards is- They are an absolute sono***un to GET OFF!

But- they have really nice gear, that I sell at my site (they asked...)

Best of luck!

All you need to do is twist them off. Then they're removed easily. I learned this from someone else on the forums here and its worked like a charm.

I have the Grappling Shinguards, Hybrid MMA Gloves and the Haburi Rashguard and they're all fantastic products. I'm almost done writing up my reviews taking pics of them all along with several other products i've purchased in the last couple of months. They should be up in the next few days if you still need some convincing.

Yes, I have tried the twist method. It does help a lot, but it is still a bit of a battle, especially when you get a good sweat going.

But you are right, it does help.

i have the shinguards and the shorts

Shinguards are awesome and never move (will definitely try this twisting idea next time)

the shorts on the other hand....i don't really like the material that much but the waistband is kick ass. for shorts i prefer my sprawl s-fusion they have the material of the v-flexes (also own) and waist band of the hayabusas

i have the shinguards and the shorts

Shinguards are awesome and never move (will definitely try this twisting idea next time)

the shorts on the other hand....i don't really like the material that much but the waistband is kick ass. for shorts i prefer my sprawl s-fusion they have the material of the v-flexes (also own) and waist band of the hayabusas

I have the shinguards, bag gloves, and shorts. Shinguards are great and very similar to the CSI grappling guards I also own.

I like the bag gloves, which I got very recently. I have decent sized hands (I wear a large in most brands, occasionally going with an XL), and they are more compact than I was expecting. They're a bit tougher to get on and off than traditional hook n' loop gloves, but they provide superior wrist protection. If I had slightly longer fingers they wouldn't fit me. As it is they are just snug.

The shorts feel very different from most other brands, but I like them a lot. I have lots of shorts and they are one my favorite pairs, second only to my Familia Gladiatoria shorts. The new grey Shiai shorts Hayabusa recently put out look awesome and I'm sure I'll be picking up a pair soon.

Wellk to every one that said the shin guards have to little padding, they released their new ones. I picked some up so I'll post a review asap.

The Hayabusa 4oz gloves are VERY stiff amd uncomfortable. The "Y" on the palm is pointless, and while working on the ground - your partners fingers can get caught in them. I have the Cageside NEXT GEN gloves - which are about $15 less - are extremely comfortable - and very well made.

I do like their rashguards though but as far as the gloves go I think my money is better spent else on the Cageside next gens

Cageside "Next Generation" Pro MMA Gloves * Black

I picked up the 16oz sparring gloves and the grappling shin guards a month ago.

Shin guards:
- they fit stellarly. Good snug fit which makes them stay in place. I found that the padding was sufficient enough. I heard people want more padding but realistically if your getting kicked that hard that you need a 'pillow' on your shin then you should probably be conditioning your shins anyways and the guard is really more to prevent skin from breaking.
- con: they are hard to get off. i tried the twisting method, i tried the cursing method and the hold on to something and have someone come pull them method (jk) .. but im sure with enough wear the neoprene backing with have some give become easier to pull off.

16 oz gloves:
- I like them. Overall I'm pleased with my purchase. But there are several issues i have with them. 1) The stitching on the thumb feels awkward. Im not sure if its because my i have ape hands or what, but the thumb stitching puts pressure point on my thumb and makes it go numb. (im gonna guess once the gloves are fully broken in it will improve) 2. even tho the double strap is FRIGGIN phenomenal and makes the glove feel secure, its a pain to put on and off with glove(s) on. also my biggest complain about the gloves is that that the scratchy part of the velcro is on the wrist and not on the tap part. This as the user doesnt matter, but to your sparring partner who doesnt wear head gear it might. My partner got a nice burn after he caught the edge of it right across the face:redface:. (something to keep in mind) ...

overall tho im really happy with my purchase and feel like the $$ is worth it.. as soon as you get the stuff you can feel and see the quality in workmanship.
:D

I picked up the 16oz sparring gloves and the grappling shin guards a month ago.

Shin guards:
- con: they are hard to get off. i tried the twisting method, i tried the cursing method and the hold on to something and have someone come pull them method (jk) .. but im sure with enough wear the neoprene backing with have some give become easier to pull off.
:D

I think by the time the Neoprene wears out, they will be pretty ripe. Plus I believe that the neoprene is designed to grip your leg and not let go. Even the cloth shin guards my younger students use are a nightmare to get off!

I have a solution for the "Getting them off" nightmare. Stay tuned. As I intro my new guards- I'll be sure to let you guys know, maybe even send off some Beta-samples to those interested in trying them out.

I have a solution for the "Getting them off" nightmare. Stay tuned. As I intro my new guards- I'll be sure to let you guys know, maybe even send off some Beta-samples to those interested in trying them out.

I'd like to try a pair if you wouldn't mind sir. I would even do a detailed review with high res pics and compare them to my hayabusa grappling shinguards if you'd like.

Back