Hawaii Handgun carry law struck by Ninth Circui

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
6 years of my life on this out of my own pocket everyone from the NRA on said I'd lose. Check it out.

No one is reading that. Cliffs?

Not loading for me, so I looked it up. Congrats on the win, even if I'm sympathetic to Clifton's dissent. Just goes to show why predicting court outcomes can be a waste of time.

Odds of it going en banc?
9th circuit held that a Hawaii limit on open carry in public was unconstitutional.

Last edited:
Not loading for me, so I looked it up. Congrats on the win, even if I'm sympathetic to Clifton's dissent. Just goes to show why predicting court outcomes can be a waste of time.

9th circuit held that a Hawaii limit on open carry in public was unconstitutional.

very high chance I suspect. Clifton is a republican and he dissented. I will celebrate the win for today though

Bravo. Now make it stick...

Good job fighting for what you believe in.

Can't be. The Ninth is loaded with liberal activist judges.

6 years of my life on this out of my own pocket everyone from the NRA on said I'd lose. Check it out.

Best line.

"Nevertheless, looking only to Chaucer’s fourteenth century England provides little instructive force,"

Congrats man! You are now published. Welcome to the history books my friend.

That's a hell of a panel you drew. But WTF is with Clifton's dissental? Looks like he's setting you up for an en banc firing squad. I would have thought this would be right up his alley. SMH.

I think you should read it. If you want the "Cliffs," read the first 5 pages – it's a summary of the whole opinion which dispenses with the boring details.

Back