Having one of the worst days of my life

There's a really good chance the engine isn't junk.

Whoever recently installed the new lifters most likely did not time the camshafts correctly. This is why it was running like shit- the valetrain timing was off (probably not by much, or it wouldn't have run)
The bang you heard was a result of the exhaust pipe/muffler being loaded up with unburnt fuel from the intake valves being out of cycle. When there's enough fuel built up, flames coming out of the exhaust ports into the exhaust manifold/header light the whole exhaust up like a firecracker.
There may be some cheap donut gaskets that got blown out from the backfire, and your O2 sensor may be dead, but other than that I bet if you fix the cam timing the engine itself will be fine.

Edit- I just checked into it and you can get the lifters in and out with a special tool made for just that engine. Did the tech that replaced your lifters take the cams off to do the job?

the cam gears or some shit came loose. I am not a mechanic and dont pretend to be. after I had new lifters installed the car did not want to start. the mechanic kept trying to start the car until the car backfired so loud it nearly made my eardrums rupture and 2 foot flames came out of the exhaust. it could all be fine, but my gut instinct tells me a noise that loud and flames that large is not good....the car had been driving like shit the last few days, I thought it was the unfishined tune. after the backfire, my mechanic told me "I cant believe you didnt notice the car driving bad..."

so I guess its partially my fault for not mentioning it. but I didnt think it was anything mechanical, and didnt expect him to keep trying until it was obvious something was very wrong.

I love my car but there have been many problems since I got it. The previous owner did a real hackjob on it.

Last edited:
Guy, if you are in credit card debt why the hell are you trying to throw $30 on a message board? Maybe you should rethink the way you spend money. That's my advice to you.

Check out his podcast. He is gold. Great info on career business and finance.

I am considering downloading this right now. Thanks for the lead.

51txCrB2JqL._SL150_.jpg

Just looked him up. Have you applied much of his methods?

@Jim

Thanks for the compliment by the way. That was free flow writing. I have mountains of writings like it that I have been putting together over the last 25 years. I am sure there is a book, or two in there somewhere.
Yes. His thinking had help shaped my perspective on various issues. Take Trump for example. I for one was angry when he won after that violent campaign HOWEVER Cardone gave me some great advice. He suggested it doesn't matter if you love, hate or something in between Trump check your emotions at the door and ask yourself what can I learn from him? Doing this with Trump and other people ones dislike make for an educational experience and personal growth. Continually try to learn and grow is a key to his methods. Listen to one pod cast a week for a month and you'"" be hooked. PS any iPhone keyboard is sticking and I refuse to correct errors lol

What are you dealing with for medical problems? Go to youtube and search Super Juice me.....8 people 22 diseases, after a 30 day juice fast they all had a clean bill of health.....watch it and see if you can get helped. Odds are you can. look to nature for your health problems. diet/lifestyle change odds are will do it. Medical industry is...an industry. an evil one....they want to rail your ass for medical bills like they are doing. and they want you neither healthy or dead. why would they there is no money to be made....they want you suffering..sick, in between.

As for the car, though there is a sense of freedom they are more oppressing than anything hence the "Money pit" every single person who has ever owned one will say the same thing.. I say bus for now. later down the road buy electric. drive all over and just worry about rotating the tires and changing the windshield wash. its worth it. I know this is easier said than done. and there is a rut you are in....but try and simplify brother.

TS has AIDs though. I really doubt juicing cures AIDs.

I havent been this depressed in years.

Credit card debt, a monthly payment for a medical bill, a stressful job that doesn't pay great but enough to prevent me from quitting, and now my prized possession and passion(my car) might be completely fucked and need a new engine which I cant afford.

How do I overcome this? I'm usually someone that tries to see the positives in things, but right now all I want to do is drink and cry in bed..

if I get a call from my mechanic saying everything is fine and I can come get the car, Ill paypal three people in this thread $10 that manage to inspire me to suck it up or make me laugh.

You have AIDs right?

Yes. His thinking had help shaped my perspective on various issues. Take Trump for example. I for one was angry when he won after that violent campaign HOWEVER Cardone gave me some great advice. He suggested it doesn't matter if you love, hate or something in between Trump check your emotions at the door and ask yourself what can I learn from him? Doing this with Trump and other people ones dislike make for an educational experience and personal growth. Continually try to learn and grow is a key to his methods. Listen to one pod cast a week for a month and you'"" be hooked. PS any iPhone keyboard is sticking and I refuse to correct errors lol

I will give it a try, as I listen to audio books everyday. It's queued up in my library now.

I will let you know what I think when I am done.

Also, about your keyboard. You might want to better prepare yourself before entering a @pcptornado VS. thread.
The guy should be selling keyboard covers. imo
<{jojo}>

Also if you want my advice. Stop trying to fuck your car. Get rid of this weird obsession. It's not a human. Think about how much better you would feel and how much better your life would be right now if you weren't sexually attracted to a hunk of metal. There's other fish in the sea. The fuck is wrong with you? You want to end up on TLC?

Last edited:
Just looked him up. Have you applied much of his methods?

@Jim

Thanks for the compliment by the way. That was free flow writing. I have mountains of writings like it that I have been putting together over the last 25 years. I am sure there is a book, or two in there somewhere.
Write the book. Teach a course. Follow your dreams. Keep building your brand! My wife and I are doing awesome with out business and are hopefully going to be purchasing some property (multi family) in the coming years. Once you publish that book, make connections and charge for further conversations and consulting. Make your experience and ideas a second Slloruce of income.

I will give it a try, as I listen to audio books everyday. It's queued up in my library now.

I will let you know what I think when I am done.

Also, about your keyboard. You might want to better prepare yourself before entering a @pcptornado VS. thread.
The guy should be selling keyboard covers. imo
<{jojo}>
I just fired up my MacBook pro. I'm actually in Hawaii at the moment but caught a bug and have been bed ridden all day. I'm feeling better already and expect to bounce back hard tomorrow.

It could ALWAYS be worse. Sounds like you don't have kids at least.

Write the book. Teach a course. Follow your dreams. Keep building your brand! My wife and I are doing awesome with out business and are hopefully going to be purchasing some property (multi family) in the coming years. Once you publish that book, make connections and charge for further conversations and consulting. Make your experience and ideas a second Slloruce of income.

I did go out and buy some professional recording equipment with that in mind, but I sold it after I lost one of my businesses. I have a few things to work through in the next two years before I go full entrepreneurship mode again, (Toddlers mainly). I am really looking forward to it, and multiple creative outlets that reciprocate revenue as a result. I have many entrepreneurial options available to me, and I have given myself the next 2 years to set it all up while I am the primary care giver to my kids.

I will keep in touch with you.

I did go out and buy some professional recording equipment with that in mind, but I sold it after I lost one of my businesses. I have a few things to work through in the next two years before I go full entrepreneurship mode again, (Toddlers mainly). I am really looking forward to it, and multiple creative outlets that reciprocate revenue as a result. I have many entrepreneurial options available to me, and I have given myself the next 2 years to set it all up while I am the primary care giver to my kids.

I will keep in touch with you.
Sounds good. Right now this is how my monthly obligations look

1. Help run oil/fuel company (manage territory)

2. Train new staff.

3. Work with people who have brain injuries 6 hours a week. Paid position. Will be fading this out sooner than later

4. Actively looking at multi-family properties to manage and use as a secondary source of income.

5. Rent basement to my brother.

6. Writing an article for the local paper on the suscipious death of a prominent doctor 100 years ago at our family business.

7. Writing a book on Cardone related stuff.

8. Dad to a 2-year-old and have a difficult pregnant wife who's carrying twins. She is the most difficult part of my week lol

Busy busy busy!!!

Sounds good. Right now this is how my monthly obligations look

1. Help run oil/fuel company (manage territory)

2. Train new staff.

3. Work with people who have brain injuries 6 hours a week. Paid position. Will be fading this out sooner than later

4. Actively looking at multi-family properties to manage and use as a secondary source of income.

5. Rent basement to my brother.

6. Writing an article for the local paper on the suscipious death of a prominent doctor 100 years ago at our family business.

7. Writing a book on Cardone related stuff.

Dad to a 2-year-old and have a difficult pregnant wife who's carrying twins. She is the most difficult part of my week lol

Busy busy busy!!!

You should pimp her out or make pregnant cam videos of her to sell to people with pregnant women fetishes. This would be yet another source of income. I'm a little bit disappointed that you haven't thought of this.

I havent been this depressed in years.

Credit card debt, a monthly payment for a medical bill, a stressful job that doesn't pay great but enough to prevent me from quitting, and now my prized possession and passion(my car) might be completely fucked and need a new engine which I cant afford.

How do I overcome this? I'm usually someone that tries to see the positives in things, but right now all I want to do is drink and cry in bed..

if I get a call from my mechanic saying everything is fine and I can come get the car, Ill paypal three people in this thread $10 that manage to inspire me to suck it up or make me laugh.

bad shit happens. its inevitable.....but so are good things. youll get a mix of both. one thing that can cause you to have more of the bad, are thought processes like the one below. avoid them. exercise is also good for burning up anxiety.

viciouscircle1.jpg

Complaining and compounding anxiety by setting up unrealistic strawman goals is one example of that vicious cycle. Denying feelings other than self pity is poor form. We deserve more from ourselves, but we should first thank ourselves for even making it this far. Succumbing to negativity is so easy, that's why every average person does it. Learn to enjoy the cost, because you're already paying it. I don't mean money, but time, emotion, dignity, and opportunity. Gone just like that. Wasted on what?

• Credit card debt
  • a monthly payment for a medical bill
  • a stressful job that doesn't pay great but enough to prevent me from quitting
  • my prized possession and passion(my car) might be completely fucked
  • need a new engine which I cant afford
# FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Back