having my debut in 1 week , tips ?

people will say what they will but anyone getting up in front of a crowd and risking it all has balls. The very idea was mortifying when i was a kid, that along with not really being trained led to not fighting, i wasn't stupid, i saw the other guys in the gym get creamed by the other gyms. When you're young, you need support from somewhere so hopefully you have some.
Moz is right here. Attributes don't really mean shot unless you're elite. I've got very good potential attributes but if I miss you throw a straight right at me you can probably put on a variety show in the meantime while I try to clear my head. Don't be a hero and don't do anything outside the comfort zone. You'll build into a much better fighter.

Hi! So in about 6 days, i'm having my first ever boxing amateur match... just looking for some tips, i stopped lifting weights last week but i'm thinking to do a leg workout tommorow? what kind of activity shall i be doing? i'm also just 3 lbs over the weight so making weight will be piece of cake.. any tips is appreciated! i started training 4 months ago on and off and coach asked me to fight, i'm 21 yr old so i kinda started way too late

thank you

is having sex 6 days out harmful?

first good luck for your fight !!!
congrats for already making it this far.
and about your fight , focus on fighting the way you trained, and try your best to relax before and during the fight (adrenaline rush drain all your stamina)
have a nice sleep the night before and eat well.
good luck again mate !!!

Keep your hands up. Sounds retarded but it is why even the pros touch their cheeks with their gloves.

My biggest fears are getting nerves and freezing up (in the gym never had this problem even when i first sparred but dunno infront of people if i will), gassing out, or losing a tooth lol, it's almost time just couple more days

"I'm scared to lose, I'm scared to be humiliated, but I'm confident"

Confidence is key to everything in life.

Go in there, stay calm and calculated and just don't hesitate to throw. He is just as good as you make him out to be.

Set the pace! Fight your fight! Use your footwork!

HAVE FUN!

And don't be in FIGHT MODE until the bell rings to start. You don't need the nerves and adrenalin until you're in the ring.

Also this fight is your REWARD to all the hard work, all the sweat and blood and blisters and bruises. It's a treat, it's a prize, it's a gift. It's what all fighting is about - and it's all yours. So take it, and enjoy it.

1. Listen to your coach.
2. Tension affect your muscles. Stay relaxed.
3. Combos. Don´t forget to attack the body. Try to use combos.
4. Do a nice warm up, stay relaxed.
5. Listen to your coach.

With 6 days out, not much can be done to prepare. Just make sure you are conditioned because that's one of the first things that will go due to your nerves. Even if you think you are really well prepared, you may find yourself gassing out in the first round. Don't think too much about it and go in to have fun.

I like threads like these

I was always shit at fights that only lasted 3 rounds as i was pretty pedestrian and could take a severe shot(never been down or wobbled), but these young guys could easily outslick me over the shorter distance(and even the old guys).

Put me in a war of attrition though and i was good to go as i always fought very calmly and methodically, mainly because i knew it was going to be pretty hard for someone to really hurt me

Back