Having a boxing match in july 07,2018 need advice

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You guys know the whole story i trained for 5 years in those 5 years i was posting about finding another gym, i was training in nj and ny, well now i just train at the ymca, and in the last 3 months i have packed on some muscle just a little bit though, and i contacted a boxing promoter since i really want a fight, i told them i'm very green despite training 5 years, and the lady who i was talking to told me to email the matchmaker my information, so i haven't trained in a good 6 months, i hit the bag sparred with 2 people at the ymca but haven't really trained, so i'm wondering because i've been trying to get stronger for something specific i dont want to reveal what it is just yet, i've been doing cardio i ran 1 mile in 11 mins, i think im 140 lbs but idk if i'll be cutting weight for it i went on usaboxing.com and it didn't say anything about it being a smoker or an amatuet but im going to assume its an amatuer, so is it good to like bulk up a little for a boxing match? Like not do heavyweight but do like moderate weight and run 1 mile? And do i need more sparring partners because idk if this is the place for this but if anyone on this site is in nj maybe you guys could help me, i'm just training at the ymca right now, no other gym, my parents have a family membership over their so its free for me.

I forgot to mention that their is 1 guy helping me train, and he has some boxing exeprience and he is a muay thai champion.

If it takes you 11 minutes to "run" a mile, you need to run a lot more. 11 minutes is slow as fuck, you need to knock a good 3-4 minutes off that or your cardio is going to be so bad that you'll be passed out after one round.

I forgot to mention that their is 1 guy helping me train, and he has some boxing exeprience and he is a muay thai champion.

Muay Thai champion you say.......Samart hiding out in the YMCA!!! I knew it........tell him he needs to give me my 200 BAHT back!!!

If it takes you 11 minutes to "run" a mile, you need to run a lot more. 11 minutes is slow as fuck, you need to knock a good 3-4 minutes off that or your cardio is going to be so bad that you'll be passed out after one round.
This. That’s extremely slow and maybe a red flag of absolute horrible muscle conditioning and cardio.

I would not suggest taking a fight without a real gym and training partners unless you don’t mind gassing and getting your ass kicked

This. That’s extremely slow and maybe a red flag of absolute horrible muscle conditioning and cardio.

I would not suggest taking a fight without a real gym and training partners unless you don’t mind gassing and getting your ass kicked

Definitely what these guys said, your going to need all the cardio you can, once the adrenaline wears off, your going to gas and your going to be a punch bag....... unless the other guy is in the same boat then it's going to look like a Rocky movie but not in a good way.....

>1 mile
>11 minutes
c86.jpg

But seriously, my dead grandfather could probably beat that. You really need to get some more roadwork done or you may Dada 5000 yourself.

>1 mile
>11 minutes
c86.jpg

But seriously, my dead grandfather could probably beat that. You really need to get some more roadwork done or you may Dada 5000 yourself.

Cardio kills gainz tho

Ok so i'm guessing the most important thing right now is cardio, so i guess i'll work on that more then strength training.

Definitely what these guys said, your going to need all the cardio you can, once the adrenaline wears off, your going to gas and your going to be a punch bag....... unless the other guy is in the same boat then it's going to look like a Rocky movie but not in a good way.....

They said they would put me up against someone who has no fights either so i think i'm good

Ok so i'm guessing the most important thing right now is cardio, so i guess i'll work on that more then strength training.
Combat sports, esp. Striking for the most part, is an endurance sport.

Well........ people have been known to bend the truth a little..... sometimes......

Ok then i got to train better, i'm actually in better shape then i was when i was training my cardio is way better then before but i guess i'm going to work on my cardio more then anything now while getting the 2 people in the ymca to help me.

Ok then i got to train better, i'm actually in better shape then i was when i was training my cardio is way better then before but i guess i'm going to work on my cardio more then anything now while getting the 2 people in the ymca to help me.

11min mile.......

11min mile.......

Yeah i'll make it a better mile, my cardio does feel better then it was before i was sparring with one guy throwing more strikes then him and i didnt get tired.

And for some reason i'm making a lot of progress with my cardio my fastest mile use to be 13 mins now its 11 mins and i think next time i run it will be less then 11 mins.

Back