Have you guys heard of Chris Barnett?!?!?!?!

A few years ago, in the worldwide section, that was one of the things people always talked about when he got mentioned. Problem is, he never did fix those things and it looks like he never will.

You could say he's the regional HW Erick Silva. Loads of potential, but nothing else.
Erick Silva just needs a bit more time to develop and he will be a breakout star

yeah, he was one of the sparrings of overeem for Overeem vs Hunt 2
tagdcfg.jpg
And he is a good dancer....and very funny

He's 2-3 in his last five and got stopped in those three losses, not to mention that his 2 wins came against absolute bums and that he's never weighed less than 300lbs.

Edit: apparently he weighed under 300lbs for his two Road FC losses, my point still stands though; he's a regional level guy.
Yeah and he's been around a minute. He would've been picked up by now if he was worth picking up.

I don't remember if he was as fat back then but he used to be able to do backflips like GSP post fight.

It seems to me like he just needs to get serious about his training and don't. I'll bet he could go vegan and make a run at 205.
In his own words.
L4Qni

Yeah, but if he trimmed down and got serious. Tightened up his striking... Dude has mad potential.
I mean he could compete if he got to 205 where he would still be tiny and his speed wouldn't impress at all. Also it's like saying if fedor dropped to 185. It would be interesting but it will never happen. Being 300lbs is beast boy's thing.

I mean he could compete if he got to 205 where he would still be tiny and his speed wouldn't impress at all. Also it's like saying if fedor dropped to 185. It would be interesting but it will never happen. Being 300lbs is beast boy's thing.
Getting brutally KO'd by a fighter that was competing at 185 less than a year ago isn't a good look either, and his takedowns attempts were stuffed repeatedly before he ate a monster elbow from the clinch that laid him out. His athleticism doesn't really translate into a workable fighting style, at least from what I've seen so far.

it's easy to look athletic against fellow 300lb men. He also has several losses to questionable opponents and few noteworthy wins. Dropping down would probably be bad for him imo. He's better off doing exciting freakshow fights in japan

Seen him fight a few times and he is fun to watch, I don't care if he wins or he loses, his fights are fun and he brings it.

I've got him at #54 in my heavyweight rankings. But he has five losses since his last significant win (Wiuff), and that was almost four years ago.

Back