Have you gotten your friends/family to use sherdogisms unknowingly?

I think "you sound poor," "fill the room with uppercuts" and "athletic and explosive" are the only real Sherdogism's. Boise Dime and Tree Fiddy are used by normal people.

I have used the first 2. Fill the room with uppercuts is a guaranteed laugh.

You sure? I could have sworn that I had a hand in the creation of Boise Dime.

I think Der Eisbar made a thread talking about some girls or whatever that he was after up in Idaho. I was using a different name on here back then and had to change it after this creepy new guy at work saw Sherdog on my computer and said he was going to get on here and try and figure out who I was. Anyway, I said something like a 10 in Boise is like a 5 everywhere else and then later on someone coined the term Boise Dime.

That's how I thought it all went down.

My girlfriend has no idea that Sherdog even exists but I use some of the sherdogisms from here around the house and now she's constantly talking about poor people and saying "you sound poor" if I try to save money on random shit.

There's also 2 guys in my shop that use the term "athletic and explosive" now lol
the explosive gentlemen has become a common term in my office when refering to certain people.

Yeah I've got the guys around the office using several...athletic and explosive...you sound poor...elbows too pointy...TLDR...

i employ these 3 a lot as my go-to reaction:

1) <mma4>

2) <[analyzed}>

3) <DontBelieve1>

I've tried using 'you sound poor' on Reddit, but it always gets me downvoted pretty heavily.

Boise dime wasn't originated on Sherdog. I've definitely heard that before i was a member here.

I've used 'you sound poor', 'fill the room with uppercuts ', 'playboi', and 'don't be scared homie', in teh real lyfe.

Yeah, Mom now says 'Just Bleed' all the time.

This place got me into using the word "besmirched".

It's a pretty marvelous word.

I got my wife and my sister calling men manlets. They're so amused by it.

I've heard the term Boise Dime irl before I even lurked here.

More of an MMA thing than a Sherdogism, but #1 Bullshit has worked its way into my vernacular.

Sometimes when I'm out with friends and they see a good looking girl, I'll tell them she has pointy elbows and wood not bang

I've done the same when stood round with other folks.

I got my wife to use “touch em with the jab” and “fill the room with uppercuts.” It’s her go to when someone is being a jerk or annoying.
She even made our 5 month old niece a t-shirt that threatened to “fill the room with uppercuts.” Her mom loved the shirt.

Back