Have you ever seen anyone doubling up a tech besides jab but from same side

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Have you ever seen anyone doubling up on a tech besides the jab but also from same side?

I hear doubling up the jab, and that just throw jab right after jab. But about straights/crosses? Ever see anyone throw straight/cross and follow it up again with same hand straight/cross? What about a hook or uppercut? Or is it better to follow up with opposite hand?

Tyson with th hook to the body followed by uppercut

Dom Cruz Likes right straight to the body followed by overhand right

I’ve seen it but it’s usually when a fighter has his opponent against the ropes and he’ll do something like throw 2 hooks to the same side of the body.

Like @right hand lead said, Tyson's hook to upper is a famous combo.
Sometimes you can follow a hook to the body with a hook to the head, or even double the hooks to the body before going up...
There is also the other way around. Hook to the head to open the body hook.

And then there is RJJ who could throw 4 body hooks from the same side and get away with it no problem...

Everything can be doubled up.

it is pretty common especially when the guy is pivoting out to a side of the top just this morning i watched SRL and McCallum do it against the same guy Kalule although it is probably more likely to occur in a south vs ortho match up

Double cross I've seen and done once

kicks also if you're not restricting it to boxing

I double hook all the time and have honestly seen every punch double/tripled up. Tank Gervonta Davis has a highlight ko/stoppage of him rear uppercutting someone like 6-7 times in a row.

Double cross is good if they're backing away from you with their hands down.

Just make sure your feet follow you on the first one so you can push off.

Crawford uses a post pull with his cross Eg.cross-pull-cross. pull is instant and comes with the retraction of the first cross

For southpaw i hit a cross-lead hook body- lead upper cut (tyson style) and it was a beauty same hand double up

Have you ever seen anyone doubling up on a tech besides the jab but also from same side?

I hear doubling up the jab, and that just throw jab right after jab. But about straights/crosses? Ever see anyone throw straight/cross and follow it up again with same hand straight/cross? What about a hook or uppercut? Or is it better to follow up with opposite hand?

you can double/triple/quadruple up on anything really. You see it done all the time. The onlyt hings I have doubled up on so far in a fight are kicks, jabs, hooks and knees. you see this done in MT quite a bit with the uppercut, guys landing one, and then throwing several more in a row, i have seen more, but could only find this quickly

Last edited:
Like @right hand lead said, Tyson's hook to upper is a famous combo.
Sometimes you can follow a hook to the body with a hook to the head, or even double the hooks to the body before going up...
There is also the other way around. Hook to the head to open the body hook.

And then there is RJJ who could throw 4 body hooks from the same side and get away with it no problem...

as much as a tyson fan I am, I have hard time pulling this one off. I think it may be easier in boxing or MMA, due to the positions they put themselves in (leaning over etc.) in MT if a guy gets way over like, id go for the knee to the face over the uppercut to the face. Check tysons hand trap at 1:09 lol

giphy.gif

@shincheckin

Like you said, it's not something I would try in MT. But it's fun to do in boxing when you play inside fighter.
In MT, i don't even go for the single body hook. If i am close enough for a short body hook, my hands are preoccupied with the clinching game and elbows. As for the long distance ones like RJJ, I find them extremely dangerous to throw, and useless while you have your basic roundhouse.

Last edited:
as much as a tyson fan I am, I have hard time pulling this one off. I think it may be easier in boxing or MMA, due to the positions they put themselves in (leaning over etc.) in MT if a guy gets way over like, id go for the knee to the face over the uppercut to the face. Check tysons hand trap at 1:09 lol

Dude thats what i remember of Tyson
Check it out @shincheckin

Back