Have you ever lost a bet to casual friend/fan?

Just like

sonnen-belt-2.jpg
Straight off the mean streets of West Lynn, Oregon.

My biggest lost was on Penn vs Edgar 1.

My biggest win was Holm vs Rousey.

I currently have a bet on Ryan Bader to win the Bellator HW tournament.

Lost money on CC/ Gonzaga.
I was especially pissed because I bet against my instincts and initially wanted to go with Gonzaga.

GG headkick KO of CC was like next level twilight zone shit. I thought maybe I was in an alternate reality when that happened. Crazy

I lost money to.a friend when I bet him that Conor wouldn't beat Eddie. Been annoyed with Eddie ever since.

Plenty...Couture-Lesnar was one of the bigger ones. Good times.

<6><{hughesimpress}>

yeah, I bet on Diaz when he got dominated by Ben Henderson for 5 rounds.

My biggest lost was on Penn vs Edgar 1.

My biggest win was Holm vs Rousey.

I currently have a bet on Ryan Bader to win the Bellator HW tournament.
my biggest loses were penn vs George 1, and shogun vs Machida 1...
biggest win was picking serra to win tuff that year and beat whoever was champ, When it started it was hughes but then gsp took the belt from him setting up serra gsp. And it wasn't my biggest pay day, just my biggest I was right moment because im pretty sure I was the only one who had him winning anything. If I wasn't such a bitch I would have made some decent money, i9nstead it was a 20$ bet between a buddy

Yea my buddy's wife's cousin who knew nothing about mma was over watching an event with us one time and bet me $5 that Kimbo would beat Houston. I took the bet because I was armed with the knowledge that Houston Alexander is for real. Shows how much I know.

When Jones was about to fight Shogun some noob in my job said he saw something in Jones and that he would win.

"You don't bet against Shogun bro!!" my words.

GG headkick KO of CC was like next level twilight zone shit. I thought maybe I was in an alternate reality when that happened. Crazy
The first thing I noticed was how awkwardly he fell with his head angled, and that his fall came down on his foot. I guessed it'd be hurt but when I saw it I thought it might be career ending.

I watched GSP-Serra 1 with my casual friends. One of my buddies saw the poster and declared that Serra was going to win. I laughed and patiently explained that GSP was DEFINITELY going to win.

How embarrassing.

Compared to most sherdoggers I'm pretty much a casual now :(. But casuals really know fuck all and losing bets to them sting a bit more. It can happen to anyone at some point.
So, I put money on Cyborg finishing Tonya Evinger in the first round to a filthy casual and lost. For some reason the ultra aggressive Cyborg fought super tentatively in that fight and didnt finish until the 3rd. I lost a modest 50$. Having said that I also won a bunch off casuals on Khabib and when Cain destroyed brock a few years back.
Win some lose some.

Others?
Never, but that was a solid bet so I don't blame you. I too and mostly a casual now, so are most of the older fans :)

Never, but that was a solid bet so I don't blame you. I too and mostly a casual now, so are most of the older fans :)
Still unexplainable to this day why she fought the way she fought that night. VERY uncyborg like

I lost two big bets in 2016

I bet on Nate Diaz-Conor McGregor rematch....was so close.
I made a last minute bet on Alvarez to beat McGregor, right before Eddie's walkout. motivated mostly by hatred against Conor nuthuggers.

My friends who judge people on faces were like "hey! Venom is betting on that other guy...."
dude 1:".WTFF ....how much? where's my wallet?!"

I lost a few hundred dollars. They judged that Alvarez looked "weak"

PS: F*** The Natural Born Runner :cool:

Back