Have you ever had to cut off a parent?

I cut off my mother after supporting her and her loser husband who doesn't work.

My mother lungs don't work very well due to smoking her whole life practically. My mom couldn't work much anymore and couldn't make rent. Her husband has never worked a full-time job and only did side jobs. (He and she do drugs)

Her husband wrecked her car a year ago and she didn't have transportation to the Dr. Or work (when she was working)

I gave my mom a Honda civic a great condition.(I had 2 vehicles ) and paid her rent, utilities and food for the past year.

I informed my mother that she and her husband needed a plan or goal to help themselves and that I can't continue to help them. I informed my mother that she could move kn with me and my family but I wouldn't allow her loser husband under my roof.

I haven't heard anything from my mother for the last few months. /shrug.

I introduced my mother to bath salts and she loved them. After she lost her nursing job and apartment I decided to cut her off because she couldn't pay for them anymore

I only stopped speaking to some relatives who got into drugs and crime. I couldn't hang around them because they would always bring trouble almost got me arrested in Las Vegas after that I disowned them.

I can’t even imagine having to cut off one of my parents. I have a good relationship with my mum and dad and they mean the world to me

My mother left when I was 2, haven’t been close to her all my life. Before last Christmas, didn’t see her for 11 years, just the occasional texts....which she would only send when she wanted money.

My father, hard to keep in touch when you don’t want to have a phone and have to send mail. But do send him post cards to places I travel to

Back