Have You Ever Been Too Scared To Go To Class?

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
TONIGHT is the start of our new season, and the first day of my 10th year of training....AND I'M SO NERVOURS! What do?

Yes, I wanted to go to class for like 3 years before I did, been training for 8 years now though.

A 205 pd pro mma fighter with over 30 fights got mad at me once during a grappling class.

I was literally scared to go the gym the next day because I knew he would be looking to spar me.

A 205 pd pro mma fighter with over 30 fights got mad at me once during a grappling class.

I was literally scared to go the gym the next day because I knew he would be looking to spar me.
Yeah. I would be a little apprehensive if someone like that wanted to spar me because they were mad at me.

I went! It was super scary, but I did it! It was good.

I'd be afraid to go to @kpoz12 class because I don't want him to do one of his neo-catch waza ryu jitsu bio-nuclear double kenmuras to me and explodify both delts at the same time.

I get a little antsy before hard Muay Thai sparring sometimes. Getting kicked in the face (or worse, liver) is no bueno.

My first year training I got the upper hand on a brown belt who was pretty good at bjj, and was a fighter in the UFC. He got frustrated and told me and the coach that "we are going an hour straight tomorrow, no breaks." The time didnt bother me, but I was pretty nervous because I was pretty sure he could kick my ass in a fight at the time. Next day rolled around, I was legit nervous but I just wrestle fucked the guy and he was on his back for about 59 minutes and I was just stalling in his guard.

Youre gym is starting a new season? what does that mean?
I thought BJJ gyms were year round

When I was a young lad and new to BJJ one of my bjj coaches muay thai knees me in the head as punishment for a perceived mistake while rolling.

After I got over the WTFedness of what happen I dreaded going back to class. I went back a week later and it was never brought up again.

If anyone is too scared, then I suggest you go take ballet.
If the gym is full of gym heros and people are getting injured left and right its reasonable.

Before I started training at my gym, there was a gym warrior that had a habit for bullying new members (and people he could pick out) and would go to town on, of course when it was time to get paired with the fighters, he'd be nowhere to be found. Problem was new cats were getting scared to spar or roll (guy slam-spiked a hobbyist chick 40lbs lighter than him) so they were missing out. Things got out of hand so one day he was paired with all the top guys and got an absolute beating.
Despite that he still didn't stop even though that and the head coach telling multiple times to cool the fuck out and can't be doing that. So he got the boot.

When I was a young lad and new to BJJ one of my bjj coaches muay thai knees me in the head as punishment for a perceived mistake while rolling.

After I got over the WTFedness of what happen I dreaded going back to class. I went back a week later and it was never brought up again.
Did you train there long after that?

If the gym is full of gym heros and people are getting injured left and right its reasonable.

Before I started training at my gym, there was a gym warrior that had a habit for bullying new members (and people he could pick out) and would go to town on, of course when it was time to get paired with the fighters, he'd be nowhere to be found. Problem was new cats were getting scared to spar or roll (guy slam-spiked a hobbyist chick 40lbs lighter than him) so they were missing out. Things got out of hand so one day he was paired with all the top guys and got an absolute beating.
Despite that he still didn't stop even though that and the head coach telling multiple times to cool the fuck out and can't be doing that. So he got the boot.

Did you train there long after that?
I know a dude that got the boot from a gym for slamming a woman 40 lbs lighter than him in class. He told me he didn't slam anyone and it was taken out of proportion. I knew the guy and he just uses his athleticism to get "wins" in the gym. I believed it because he would just power out of everything. He wouldn't engage and try and run around your guard and if you even tried to get grips he would run away Brendan Schaub style. He never engaged unless he got top mount but he never wanted to get there. He wanted to run around your guard. Just a frustrating way to play a game. I would tell him to start in my guard but he wanted side or full mount not my guard.

Anyway, I told him you don't get kicked out for one incident. He probably did a bunch of other shit that led up to this particular incident.

Last edited:
Back