Have you ever been in a structure fire?

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a42a2aa6c7440291c38ba9adc5892a56_XL.jpg

I never have although I have been kicked out of buildings about 250 times for false alarms. In my life I have seen one structure fire, which was a factory, and known one person whose house had a fire, an older boy I knew slightly at school. No one was hurt. Never called the fire brigade. They generally have nothing to do. They have more false alarms than genuine call outs and most of their genuine call outs are not fire-related. If there is a fire it's very rarely a domicile, it will usually be a torched car or rubbish dump on fire etc. Similar to the police I have personally got nothing back from all of the taxes that I have paid them. Fire used to be a big killer a few decades ago but nowadays you hardly even worry about it.

More safety features in buildings
Fire retardant substances
Smoke alarms
More advanced heating systems / less burning coal/wood
Fewer factories and manufacturing
Less smoking
People don't fry their own chips much now
Everyone carrying a phone means the Fire Brigade will be called immediately

Fires-and-Firefighters.png

Fire is somehow fascinating though and sometimes you do still get a deadly structure fire. I don't live in a wildfire area but that looks pretty bad and it seems to be getting worse. That's a whole different kettle of fish, firemen can't really put those out like a burning building.

c58f7faf-3571-4b58-96a8-89e348be4d2b.gif

Arguing against a fire department because you haven't needed one is quite literally akin to arguing against ambulance because they're not needed that often, and many times get called out for precautions rather than true life or death emergencies

It's basically my hobby.

Never been in a burning building, but with pot about to become legal up here I can foresee some widespread smoke inhalation issues.

I've been in one that was actively on fire. Had to go in after a partner who's last radio transmission was "I'm on the third floor, heavy smoke... cough, cough, cough!" Followed by silence after dispatch tried raising him multiple times.

I survived about seventeen THE LAST JEDI threads so where does that put me?

How do firefighters prevent fires from happening? Serious question. Is it inspections?

Someone I work with had his apt complex completely wiped recently.

Also, a series of condos very close to where I work lost hundreds of units recently.

Just once , a liquor store Back on April 29th 1992 . Where were you TS ?

I ran into a burning building once to save some people.

But when I got inside, I was all, "oooooo Nintendo!" and I ended up just grabbing a bunch of games and running out.

I hope everyone made it out safely

Back