Have we abandoned Chicago?

But that chart doesn't back up what you are implying. Look at the blue bars. They all over the place. Do not coincide with the number of firearms

Sorry if you found it a little hard to read - maybe this is easier.

us-suicide-rates.png

Chicago abandoned us.

It must be something the government is or is not doing.

That's how some people literally think.

Still does not back up what u are saying.

Just take CA & TX for 1 example

Your one example is all you got. And if my math is correct, suicide rates are lower in CA.

You don't see an overall trend?

Furthermore, Alaska isn't even on the list, when it has the loosest gun laws in the country, and coincidentally the highest suicide rates (by a fairly large margin). I mean, I thought this was the go to argument for why gun deaths are higher in less restrictive states. That those numbers include suicides. Are you saying that they don't include suicides?

This is a really good example of how moderately smart people can twist statistics.

2016 was freakishly high but just because the rate did not stay that freakishly high, that doesn't mean gun violence is trending down. We'll have to wait several years to know that.

But by all means, continue spreading false information, you absolute hack.

Well yeah, the unions need money so it's time to tear up and re-do all the shit they did last year. Because.. reasons

I almost got shit kicked by a group of guys in the parking lot when I was working at a refinery down there a few years ago because I'm not part of any union. To make matters worse my rental car was a Subaru and not a 'Merican car. They take that shit pretty seriously, apparently.

When people discuss or start threads online about gun violence in Chicago, they usually fall into two camps:
1. People who want to help solve the problem
2. People who use Chicago's gun violence stats as (in order of popularity)
a. a way to "tsk tsk" black people and the neighborhoods they live in
b. a backdoor into an anti-gun control argument (ie. "Chicago has strict gun laws and look what it did for them!") or militarization of police forces
c. a strike against Barack and Michelle, since it's where they lived before his presidency

Personally, I've lived in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas for most of my life, and love both cities and what they have to offer, but avoid crime-ridden neighborhoods at hours where crimes are likely to go down. That's just being smart.
Yeah, by reading Shitdog you'd think Chicago is a crime ruined wasteland or some shit.

Your pizza is an insult to God though. No excuse for that.

Liberal Democrats have run Chicago for decades. It's clearly a crime free paradise.

No one cares about those shootings. When politicians talk, its lip service. Their focus is to keep that part of the city under wraps. If it weren't for the media, most of us wouldn't even know it was occurring. These areas are like another country.

Unfortunate truth.

who abandoned what? despite what many "victims" of the inner cities may think, it isnt up to others to fix their problems, waste money on them etc. stand up, take accountability and fix your own shit. quit glorifying drug dealers and athletes and start respecting decent members of the community who should be looked up to and emulated. be a good parent. one of the biggest problems in this country is that we always think it is up to other people to fix our problems

Why do we pretend to care?

I’m black and most of the black people shot or killed in Chicago are lowlife degenerate criminals that harm our community.

We’re better off without them. Stronger.

Different culture, hard to judge.

Been a long time since we had a thread where people pretend to care about Chicago in order to vice signal their racism and distract from other issues.

I can't say I've missed these.

Trumps a con-man. Whatever happened to real 30% unemployment and Govt numbers were fake news? Now he uses the fake numbers and touts blacks never had it better.

He is an assclown to be sure, but I figured he would follow up on this one just because it would make dems look bad for allowing all that murder to take place in a premier city

Why do we pretend to care?

I’m black and most of the black people shot or killed in Chicago are lowlife degenerate criminals that harm our community.

We’re better off without them. Stronger.

Sad way to view it, but ok.. Problem is, there seems to be the same amount of kids raised by angry single mamas ready to join that life when they turn 13 or 14 coming up every year.

Back