Have we abandoned Chicago?

Its been trending down for decades. Their worst year for homicides was 1974 with 970 murders. They had 3 years in the mid 90s with over 900 murders and haven't come close to that number since. There was a big spike in 2016 that preceded a number of years with relatively low numbers (less than 500). Almost 3 million people live in Chicago. Its not even a top 10 city in the country in terms of murder rate.

I guess gang bangers could use some shooting lessons. With their shooting numbers they should be killing thousands

I guess gang bangers could use some shooting lessons. With their shooting numbers they should be killing thousands

Maybe they should take lessons from all of these school shooters. They seem quite adept as killing.

Maybe they should take lessons from all of these school shooters. They seem quite adept as killing.
we should get an exchange program going. School shooter can team gang bangers to shoot and gang bangers can give them some shot to make them not want to kill everone!

Don't know enough about Chicago to actually have a response. Anyone here from Chicago? It'd be nice to hear from someone who has first-hand experience instead of people talking out of their asses.

"Good people shouldn't live here. They'd be better off somewhere else."

7.jpg

It's miniscule. I never excuse individuals committing crimes. However, as a group statistic, I think it's pretty worthless.

0.00006% or something like that. It's so small that it's impossible to use it in any intelligent fashion when discussing the population as a whole.
As a whole there's more black on black crime than white on black

Young black men, and older boys, tend to cause harm to each other, why? Maybe because they didn't have a father? Maybe because of their surroundings, but folks in the same communities get out, so why is it?

And somehow it's old news, almost 1000 shootings in 5 months in a city with the harshest gun laws in the nation.

I pray for Nibiru to hit this hell hole we call Earth, and end this era

The problem is........the people in Chicago.

Take a look at any drill rap video.....

Both issues are categorized as gun violence but they are radically different in the root cause and in the legality of the weapons involved.

School shootings are a mental health issue.

Gang violence is largely a socioeconomic issue.

More stringent gun control measures would likely mitigate the frequency of the former but not by much admittedly, until the root cause is addressed which is a generation of children growing up with a severe lack of coping skills and being overly prescribed psychiatric medication.

The same measures wouldn't affect the latter as the overwhelming majority of inner city gang shootings are committed with illegally obtained firearms.

This particular issue will never improve so long as the economic state of these communities remain the way they are.

In this country, Hispanics are considered an ethnicity. So, we delineate between non-Hispanic blacks, non-hispanic whites and then Hispanics who can be black or white but not statistically included with the non-Hispanics. All other blacks or whites go into the broad categories.

Hispanics are considered WHITE, and this is done to skew crime stats.

arujkuhk4w8x.jpg

Every one of those guys is considered a white male.

alberto.jpg

Ravelo-FBI.jpg

I'm going there tomorrow to help my friend with some carpentry work on his basement bar. He lives in Avondale with his wife. Nice neighbourhood. I also took the family down for some sightseeing and a show when my daughter's school was on Spring break. Not sure what everyone is so afraid of.
Almost 1000 shot in 4.5 months, that's normal to you? Or you refuse to believe that part of your city exists?

It's miniscule. I never excuse individuals committing crimes. However, as a group statistic, I think it's pretty worthless.

0.00006% or something like that. It's so small that it's impossible to use it in any intelligent fashion when discussing the population as a whole.
I'm discussing CHICAGO

Oh, I didn't realize we were discussing individual families.

The thread appeared to be discussing the city of Chicago as an entity.

Of course some people don't really want to deal in facts so I shouldn't be surprised.
You aren't dealing in facts, in fact you are trolling. And you are a mod, you are the new ~fozzy it seems, but I'm sure you are way too young to even get that

I'm not a huge race guy on most things but the most shocking stat is that like 98% of shootings in Chicago are done by African Americans. That's just too high to ignore. There's something really wrong with the African American culture there. I mean, do nothing about guns but just change the demographics and shootings go down by 98%.
The scariest shit is a lot of the guns have been in police custody multiple times, and then used again in crimes, confiscated, and then used again in crimes, some as many as 5 times

Most of America has been abandoned truth be told. Homeless everywhere in the southwest states where I live. Gig economy where workers have no future. Etc. They are just most acute casualties in Chicago because they are black and everyone thinks that won't happen to them so don't care.

It will happen everywhere if we continue along same trajectory.

Don't know enough about Chicago to actually have a response. Anyone here from Chicago? It'd be nice to hear from someone who has first-hand experience instead of people talking out of their asses.
The statistics are from Chicago, they literally keep track, it's that bad

Back