Have People Tuned Out Media Outrage?

See, this is the kind of stuff that you're quite frankly just blind to. It speaks to the type of person he is and the way he conducts business. It's proof that he's unethical, which continues to be true given all the other revelations. It absolutely impacts the job he does today. I also don't see how you can conclude that something like this isn't important.

It's flat out cult like behavior to say that all of these scandals are nothingburgers and conclude the media is overreacting. I mean, how would you cover it? "Trump threatens war with Iran via Twitter, no biggie, now on to more important news!"

I didn't say everything is a nothing burger though. If anything, the petty stories distract from real issues.

Yeah, mainstream media have burned much of there "outrage" ammo IMO.

Between the migrant crisis, Trump, Russia and the Brexit, many people including myself, give much less credibility to the media than before.

I didn't say everything is a nothing burger though. If anything, the petty stories distract from real issues.
"I didn't say nothing burger", calls them "petty" instead.

Same thing dude.

"I didn't say nothing burger", calls them "petty" instead.

Same thing dude.

Not everything is petty. I don't think we should be fighting Israel's wars for instance, there are real criticisms to be had about Iran. I'm not ignoring x because I criticize y.

Not everything is petty. I don't think we should be fighting Israel's wars for instance, there are real criticisms to be had about Iran. I'm not ignoring x because I criticize y.
This conversation is going no where because you're calling scandals petty. It really doesn't hold up to even the slightest amount of critical thinking.

This conversation is going no where because you're calling scandals petty. It really doesn't hold up to even the slightest amount of critical thinking.

I'm saying that bringing up Trump U, for example, in 2018 is petty. It doesn't mean I endorse Trump U. But we are circling, best to leave it.

I'm saying that bringing up Trump U, for example, in 2018 is petty. It doesn't mean I endorse Trump U. But we are circling, best to leave it.
I was just bringing up past examples of scandals that were covered by the media at a "10 level" as you put it. I didn't say you endorse anything, but are writing off really big stuff as petty. I brought up a current example (Iran tweet) which you won't address. Fine, but you're putting your head in the sand.

You think it's petty that the sitting President operated a fraudulent "college" for years that did nothing but con young hopefuls out of what little money they had for a bogus non-education?

I was just bringing up past examples of scandals that were covered by the media at a "10 level" as you put it. I didn't say you endorse anything, but are writing off really big stuff as petty. I brought up a current example (Iran tweet) which you won't address. Fine, but you're putting your head in the sand.

I did address Iran, I want the us to move beyond those types of wars. Let's see what happens first.

I did address Iran, I want the us to move beyond those types of wars. Let's see what happens first.
Lol, ok, that wasn't the question man. We are talking about media coverage.

Forget it.

Not totally. The derangement syndrome does grab your attention sometimes.

Lol, ok, that wasn't the question man. We are talking about media coverage.

Forget it.

I meant let's see what happens first before we report that Trump made things worse with Iran. Look at NK, things are at worse stable but the media made it sound like Trump ruined everything.

President Trump’s job-approval rating hit a new high in a national poll, with support among Republicans building despite an onslaught of criticism of his dealing with Russia.

The Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll pegged the president’s job-approval at 45 percent, up a percentage point since June to Mr. Trump’s highest score yet in the poll.

His numbers were bolstered by 88 percent approval among Republicans. That’s the strongest support a president has received from his own party since George W. Bush following the September 11 terror attacks.

Mr. Trump’s rating ticked up despite the poll being conducted last week when he met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland, and then suffered heavy criticism of his kid-glove treatment of the Russian foe at a joint press conference.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/23/trump-hits-new-high-poll-though-russia-issues-ling/

Have we gotten to the point where the media has become so outraged by everything Trump does that their reaction no longer moves the needle anymore?

35% of the pop will blow trump, and make excuses for anything that he does.

35% of the pop will assume guilt for anything trump is accused of.

20% of pop are true critical thinkers, and evaluate trump's actions on a case by case basis (probably only 3-4 wr posters)

10% do not give a shit

i got these figures from pew....

but actually ts, i sort of agree with you. i dislike trump very much, but i thought early on that people should stop crying wolf with him. some of the criticisms leveled against him were/are exaggerated, and it takes the sting out of legitimate concerns. its like being the frog in the boiling water now.

35% of the pop will blow trump, and make excuses for anything that he does.

35% of the pop will assume guilt for anything trump is accused of.

20% of pop are true critical thinkers, and evaluate trump's actions on a case by case basis (probably only 3-4 wr posters)

10% do not give a shit

i got these figures from pew....

but actually ts, i sort of agree with you. i dislike trump very much, but i thought early on that people should stop crying wolf with him. some of the criticisms leveled against him were/are exaggerated, and it takes the sting out of legitimate concerns. its like being the frog in the boiling water now.
Totally agree. I lived on a farm at the time owned by a professor who went and spoke at the protests in Portland when Trump got elected, I declined his invitation to go. I'm not about to protest the democratic election. My girlfriend was crying and freaking out, I told her let's see what he does before we panic. If we acted that way before he did anything, then when he did fuck up and didn't take long, then actual arguments against him would be lumped with the voices yelling about nothing. So now no one listens to eachother.

I got sick of the outrage, so I just watch the Young Turks nowadays. I appreciate their balanced, well-reasoned viewpoints.

I meant let's see what happens first before we report that Trump made things worse with Iran. Look at NK, things are at worse stable but the media made it sound like Trump ruined everything.

Actually they tried that last year.

Tried to paint trump as the villain while Kim was litetally threatening to bomb US territory and flying rockets over Japan.

I remember even making a thread about it...

Back