Haters can hate but I still think Conor did better in Boxing then Floyd would ever do in MMA.

Well duh...

MMArtists train striking, boxers dont train grappling.

Hence why Floyd would never fight anyone under MMA rules. I think Conor did pretty damn good in his first pro boxing debut against the p4p boxing goat. Even if Floyd carried him a bit. (Which who knows, I think Floyd knew Conor would lose steam after 4 or 5 rounds, could have possibly finished Conor earlier)

I would be interested just to see Floyd at 10th planet just rolling for fun. See how well he could grapple. Even if it's just for fun. He is an amazing athlete and I imagine him picking it up fast even at his age.
Well that’s because Conor started out as a boxer when he was rly young and his main style is stand up. Of course he’ll do better in boxing then what Floyd will do in a mma fight. Floyd learned boxing as a lil kid only, nothing else but boxing.

Yea cuz CM Punk didn't just go 3 rounds in the UFC.

Floyd killed the UFC

Well no shit, boxing is part of MMA, and its one of Conors best weapons. Floyd has zero experience with grappling or kicks.

So people here want a retired 40 year old boxer to do MMA? But prime 30 year old Conor Mcgregor did wonderful in a sparring session with a retied boxer? lol

Ok then let’s also factor in the age difference/size difference. Floyd was retired, middle aged and tiny. So maybe Joshua vs shogun would be a similar match up in mma?

Your boy embarressed himself. He’s been boxing for most of his life and he got walked down and clobber stopped by a little old dude who was toying with him

Why are we getting all the tire fire threads from the heavies again?

Impressive and one the greatest but definitively not the greatest
Robinson,Léonard,hearns and hagler would have all beaten him imo

Floyd isn't the greatest ever but it's unfair to say Hagler would beat him, and even Hearns. Hagler was a career middleweight and Tommy went from welterweight to light heavyweight. Floyd started at what?, super featherweight? Of course both guys would beat him.

No shit?

At the beginning of the press tour when he got his first taste of an insane Irishman screaming in his face, I believe Floyd was intimidated. It's hard not to be at a very basic primitive level. But at some point he probably realized that it was strictly a boxing match and that he was easily going to whip Conor's ass.

But if it was a real fight or an MMA fight, you better believe Floyd would've been shitting his pants.

LOLOL. Pull your head out the sand ffs. They might as well have been high fiving each other on stage. Intimidated? Do me a favour hahaha.

They are chums, and had the perfect storm scenario to make a lot of money. Fixed fight. Scripted trash talk.

I have some ocean front property in the Arizona desert to sell you!

Back