Haters can hate but I still think Conor did better in Boxing then Floyd would ever do in MMA.

You learn boxing in MMA. You don't learn grappling in boxing. Thanks TS great thread.
Floyd always loses rounds he's always lost rounds if he's losing a round he won't go out of his way to win it. By the time the 4th or 5th round comes he has your speed and timing hes taken no real damage or used any energy and youre fucked. Thats exactly what he did to Conor. Has Floyd ever won every round in any of his championship fights? I don't think so. Floyd commonly gives away rounds he runs a marathon not a sprint that is the way he normally fights.

@91 seconds any examples of Floyd caring about winning every round? Show me a scorecard. I'm not a boxing expert but I watch the top guys. Please illustrate where I'm wrong exactly. Floyd would rather slip punches and avoid damage then win every round he's playing chess while everyone else playing checkers 50-0 and he won't be slurring his words for a reason.

50-0 pro record. Impressive. One could argue he is p4p best. But he's definitely in the discussion.
No he's not in the discussion. He didnt dominate a single division and cherry picked most of his oppenents once he got to the welterweight division. He was definitely on his way to being in the discussion but after 07 his opponents were either past it, poor or just blow up ex LWs or LWWs. SRL & SRR would have killed him and even Vernon Forest would have ko'd him.

I don't know about that; put him out on the sideline like they did with moss (he makes moss look slow) and just let him run straight down the field. What CB could keep up with him?
So theres the equivelent of Floyd coming into an MMA fight and ko'ing somebody. Sure yes that COULD happen

@91 seconds any examples of Floyd caring about winning every round? Show me a scorecard. I'm not a boxing expert but I watch the top guys. Please illustrate where I'm wrong exactly. Floyd would rather slip punches and avoid damage then win every round he's playing chess while everyone else playing checkers 50-0 and he won't be slurring his words for a reason.

? Where did I state Floyd cares about winning every round. I'm confused here. Floyd is a counter puncher who usually sits back getting distance down. He started weaving in half the fight like fuckin Tyson. That's not his style and that was my point how people are putting too much stock in what Conor did. I can only imagine the shit show if he fought him like his previous outings.

So theres the equivelent of Floyd coming into an MMA fight and ko'ing somebody. Sure yes that COULD happen
football and boxing are not the same sport. Moss running ont the sidelines everytime; he only has to get get by once per game and he's hall of fame level.

floyd would have more chance at knocking out a fighter in the octagon than any of them have at taking him down tot he canvas in boxing.. thats a fact. keep hating lol

Dude this isnt a good look for you man.

This is from someone who isnt a fan of Conor or Floyd, you just come across as a hater and its not really worth my time to converse with someone who isnt rational.

It would take a very agressive powerful fighter to take Conor out in 3 rounds. Theres a handful of boxers that could do it, not "any pro boxer". Floyd didnt know Conor folds like a lawn chair during adversity or after 10 minutes of fighting. I dont think hes had a early finish in 10 plus years.

Longer than you have been a fight fan likely
Floyd's first 3 rounds were uncharacteristic as far as the volume he throws even for Floyd whos always been willing to give up a few early rounds. My point was , i dont see how this was a litmus test on how hed compete against other top boxers . Floyd doesn't finish anybody and was far out of his prime, conor still didnt do well. Why does this stupid charade keep getting passed around Sherdog. It should be over. He boxed , he lost , move on .

? Where did I state Floyd cares about winning every round. I'm confused here. Floyd is a counter puncher who usually sits back getting distance down. He started weaving in half the fight like fuckin Tyson. That's not his style and that was my point how people are putting too much stock in what Conor did. I can only imagine the shit show if he fought him like his previous outings.
Oh sorry my B.Can we agree Conor did well all things considered? I'm not even a Conor fan. I think the whole 50-0 being called the Goat and not wanting to get clipped by first 3 rounds f'ing 0-0 Conor was the reason for his cautious approach not him "carrying" Conor as others say. If he waded in like Tyson it's because he smelled blood and Conor had nothing left not sure which round youre referring to.

football and boxing are not the same sport. Moss running ont the sidelines everytime; he only has to get get by once per game and he's hall of fame level.
What does that have to do with anything . You box in MMA, but cant do martial arts in boxing. You sprint in football, but cant tackle people or catch a ball in track and field. Also thats hillarious , Moss was more then just a sprint and get open guy. He was a phenomenal football player everywhere.

Once and for all Floyd isnt the boxing goat
He arguably is. But there's a couple others with decent arguments too. Marciano, Ali and Leonard are some examples.

He's undisputable greatest defensive boxer of all time. Number 1.

BJ Penn won the Mundials with 3 years of BJJ training. You think a world class athlete like Floyd couldn't get his grapping up to par if he dedicated himself to it? But why would he bother rolling around on the ground with sweaty men when he's got a fleet of planes to ride.

Haters can hate but i still think floyd made at least twice as much as mcgregor in that fight, and that conor had to go begging in floyds sport to get a decent payday because conor cant make that kind of money by himself whereas im not sure if it was even floyds biggest payday

Maybe in 100 years people can make that kind of cash in MMA, but it's too young right now.

Oh sorry my B.Can we agree Conor did well all things considered? I'm not even a Conor fan. I think the whole 50-0 being called the Goat and not wanting to get clipped by first 3 rounds f'ing 0-0 Conor was the reason for his cautious approach not him "carrying" Conor as others say. If he waded in like Tyson it's because he smelled blood and Conor had nothing left not sure which round youre referring to.

Id have to watch the fight again to know specifics but I thought I remember him baiting Conor pretty early on. He just fought non Mayweather like from what I was seeing. If he treated him like a threat it would have been an embarrassing display imo. But yeah Floyd gives rounds. I don't think we're disagreeing on much

'real fights' are usually boxing matches and the best puncher wins.

Two lumbering fat fucks falling over each other and rolling about the ground is not grappling,no matter how many bjj guys try and pretend it is.
Real fight imo is not just punching either
Limited fight just using hands

Floyd is definitely an all-time great but he didn't face enough great fighters in their primes to be the GOAT IMO. Floyd absolutely is the GOAT businessman in combat sports though. He waited for guys to lose a step before he'd face them and he still found a way to sell fights despite a very boring style. Pretty Boy Floyd was an awesome fighter to watch. Money Mayweather was a savvy businessman.

Pretty much. Floyd has a claim to having the greatest skill set of all time for sure, but not the greatest fighter of all time because of the caliber of his competition.

Back