Haters can hate but I still think Conor did better in Boxing then Floyd would ever do in MMA.

Floyd is TBE. What exactly is Conor going to do that doesn't involve punching Floyd in the face? Mayweather wins every time via outclassing McG.

Yes. We all know this. It's nothing that needs to be noted. You're not revealing some hidden secret.

And this is exactly why Floyd isn't dumb enough to fight MMA.

Hence why Floyd would never fight anyone under MMA rules. I think Conor did pretty damn good in his first pro boxing debut against the p4p boxing goat. Even if Floyd carried him a bit. (Which who knows, I think Floyd knew Conor would lose steam after 4 or 5 rounds, could have possibly finished Conor earlier)

I would be interested just to see Floyd at 10th planet just rolling for fun. See how well he could grapple. Even if it's just for fun. He is an amazing athlete and I imagine him picking it up fast even at his age.

Haters can hate but i still think floyd made at least twice as much as mcgregor in that fight, and that conor had to go begging in floyds sport to get a decent payday because conor cant make that kind of money by himself whereas im not sure if it was even floyds biggest payday

I 100% agree. I also think Marshawyn Lynch would do MUCH better at track and field then Usain Bolt would at football.
I don't know about that; put him out on the sideline like they did with moss (he makes moss look slow) and just let him run straight down the field. What CB could keep up with him?

People making the excuse that he fought the GOAT boxer don't understand that it would have been worse if he fought any other decent pro boxer. Conor would have been flat on the canvas, completely unconscious if he didn't box a 40 year old, brittle handed man, who he had a huge size advantage over. Canelo would take ten years off his life

Hilarious.

Floyd is 40 y/o.
30 y/o floyd + mma training = serious force. His incredible reflexes alone would immediately translate.

there are much worse match ups than conor LMAO.

That was just a sparring match... nothing more. Conor was carried by size & Floyd.

A 40-45 y/o football player and hockey player were far more competitve vs Ali than Conor.

Floyd in his prime is an A+ level athlete, he's literally the highest grossing pro athlete of all time. 6 months training is all he needs to destroy anyone in MMA at his weight class. Basically he can spend 3 month training grappling, which would allow him to become better than Khabib, and 3 month training kicks, which would allow him to become better than Barboza. Add those 2 to his hands and master ring craft, which by MMA standards might as well be witchcraft, and he'll be completely unstoppable.

conor would be one of the easiest match ups.

there are much worse match ups.

Floyd = Bo Jackson of combat sports.

You learn boxing in MMA. You don't learn grappling in boxing. Thanks TS great thread.
Yeah a lot seem to not know thats not how Floyd normally fights or are blinded by Conor. Very frustrating to read some responses regarding that fight.
Floyd always loses rounds he's always lost rounds if he's losing a round he won't go out of his way to win it. By the time the 4th or 5th round comes he has your speed and timing hes taken no real damage or used any energy and youre fucked. Thats exactly what he did to Conor. Has Floyd ever won every round in any of his championship fights? I don't think so. Floyd commonly gives away rounds he runs a marathon not a sprint that is the way he normally fights.

I worry about people's opinion on my favorite fighter so much. So much that I feel like I need to make a thread. It's because I'm insecure.
Go for it. It's 2 years past 2016. People are way more accepting of this sort of thing now.

A-side gets to choose the sport.

B-side gets embarrassed for a red panty night.

Do the maff.

Impressive and one the greatest but definitively not the greatest
Robinson,Léonard,hearns and hagler would have all beaten him imo
All those guys were bigger and hagler and Robinson were mostly mw (hagler exclusively). Hearns obviously was a horrible matchup but he’s still behind Floyd on an atg list. The most intriguing matchup is probably Duran anyway.

Or both A side.
E9JB.gif

Ya think? Floyd wouldn't last 1 roung. MM would end his life.

Why does it matter if Conor did better in boxing than Floyd would ever in MMA asides from you being an insecure biased fan reaching for any type of "victory" for MMA and Conor? Haters can hate and TS stays salty.

Hence why Floyd would never fight anyone under MMA rules. I think Conor did pretty damn good in his first pro boxing debut against the p4p boxing goat. Even if Floyd carried him a bit. (Which who knows, I think Floyd knew Conor would lose steam after 4 or 5 rounds, could have possibly finished Conor earlier)

I would be interested just to see Floyd at 10th planet just rolling for fun. See how well he could grapple. Even if it's just for fun. He is an amazing athlete and I imagine him picking it up fast even at his age.
As a mixed martial artist conor already had a boxing base, floyd has no wrestling or kicking or submission background.
Conor is a 30 year old who had not made insane amount of money before. Floyd is 11 years older and infinity richer he'd actually lose money to learn train and compete in mma vs boxing.

It's laughable to compare their situations, IF they were around the same age it make sense but given how old floyd is it's not a fair comparison at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back