Hassan Rouhani annihilates Iranian hardline by 19 points in Presidential election.

Iran doesn't need nukes. It just needs a strong economy. It's weathered the initial storm of the Bush admin and their neocon attack dogs. Unless the Saudi's have bought trump I can't see a conflict happening. I also doubt whether the Saudi's have the means to pay 110bn up front for arms without absolutely hammering their finances.

In 3 years time the arms embargo comes off as well. Russia will have an absolute field day selling planes, tanks, helicopters etc.

The day they get nukes is the day that Saudi Arabia gets nukes. Then every other ME country gets nukes. And then we have nuclear armed Muslims all over the ME. That won't end well.

And since when have Muslims been worried about suicide?

Iran getting nuclear weapons would be a WW III inducing disaster. It's disturbing to see you and others downplay it because you're too scared to make hard choices.
Holy shit are you serious? You need scientists to create nukes, since when did a bunch of Bedouin become scientists? Everything in Saudi Arabia from the most skilled work to the least skilled work is done by foreigners. The only thing Saudi Arab's are doing is governing their nation. This is why Iran is such a threat, Gulf Arabs simply cannot deter Iran from getting nukes. They can't create their own nuclear weapons and Iran probably has more people than all of the Arabian peninsula combined. And they are more effective fighters, by the way.

Nukes don't grow in the ground and that's why countries that don't produce scientists and mathematicians don't have them.

Just lol @ bunch of Arabs who are 2 generations away from moving around a desert in tents being a nuclear power

You really think that nuclear proliferation in the ME wouldn't lead to horrible things? Why? I'm asking a question that I'm interested in a thoughtful answer for, not name calling.

It blows my mind that you and other people don't think that'd be a major problem. I'm legit curious about your viewpoint because I've never heard anything like it.
We are talking about Iran not the whole middle east try to keep up mate. Iran has shown themselves to be quite reasonable considering the U.S. installed dictator, U.S. backed Iraq invasion, state sponsored assassinations by Israel and general fuckery from the west they have had to deal with.
If the U.S. had even a small fraction of these things happen on their soil I bet they would've nuked the country responsible and before you call me a weakling again know that I have lots of family in Tel Aviv and Iran going nuclear on Israel would not be in my interests.

Are you seriously trying to say that Muslims are averse to suicide attacks? What would make you think that?

It's precisely because so many Muslims have no regard for non-Muslim life and are willing to be suicidal that makes Islamic nuclear proliferation so dangerous. MAD may not apply to them.

I said the people in charge, who are barely Muslim and have a lot to lose.

We are talking about Iran not the whole middle east try to keep up mate. Iran has shown themselves to be quite reasonable considering the U.S. installed dictator, U.S. backed Iraq invasion, state sponsored assassinations by Israel and general fuckery from the west they have had to deal with.
If the U.S. had even a small fraction of these things happen on their soil I bet they would've nuked the country responsible and before you call me a weakling again know that I have lots of family in Tel Aviv and Iran going nuclear on Israel would not be in my interests.
Iran could be reasonable with nukes. No one's just talking about Iran though. The entire worry is nuclear proliferation in the ME and that Iran getting nukes would cause that. The entire ME would be a powderkeg.

Iran could be reasonable with nukes. No one's just talking about Iran though. The entire worry is nuclear proliferation in the ME and that Iran getting nukes would cause that. The entire ME would be a powderkeg.
The thread is about Iran? you're not paying attention.
No one is selling the Saudi's a Nuke who else are you worried about? Jordan (Nope good guys), Yemen ( Nope no one selling them shit), Oman ( nope good guys again), UAE ( nope no need Tourism will be their only income soon), Iraq ( no one will sell them shit), Syria ( do I even need to explain it) and Lebanon ( nope no one is selling them shit) etc etc

You need to stop worrying about the big bad middle east and start looking at who is causing all these issues mate.

"Welcome to Iran... help us."

Thats my understanding of the populace. Such a wicked catch 22 that leaders the world over and throughout history are most commonly ruthless scumbags. But but but muh power. Fuck off.

Iran doesn't need nukes. It just needs a strong economy. It's weathered the initial storm of the Bush admin and their neocon attack dogs. Unless the Saudi's have bought trump I can't see a conflict happening. I also doubt whether the Saudi's have the means to pay 110bn up front for arms without absolutely hammering their finances.

In 3 years time the arms embargo comes off as well. Russia will have an absolute field day selling planes, tanks, helicopters etc.

Be thankful Hilary didn't take office.

Honestly reading most of the shit you post in the wr makes me believe you are hands down the biggest clown on the forum. There's a lot of others that dome close but you definitely take the cake.

That means a lot coming from you since you're basically retarded.

Wait no it doesn't.

Maybe the Iranian people saw the Iran nuclear deal as an olive branch and decided to take it by continuing to back Rouhani.

Maybe they saw we no longer have a Muslim sympathizer president (Obama) and Trump would be willing to wipe them off the face of the Earth.
See how easy it is to pull out a narrative more likely than yours.....seriously, does Chuck Schumer have his hand up your butt and is puppetting you?

In this case Trump is Rouhani.

Nobody is saying Iran is a true democracy, but its far more democratic than most muslim countries out there.

Khamenei cant just rule like a king, and its not like he intends to either.

No he is not. Rouhani is THE choice of the political establishment in Iran. His job is to present the most useful face to the world to accomplish Iran's imperial goals. Trump may be a rich man who used politicians for his benefit but he is not the choice of a centralized political class.

We are not comparing iran to most muslim countries, we are comparing it to America, nice try at a bait and switch though.

He absolutely can rule just like a king. Few kings in history had absolute power, they had to take into account the interests of the aristocracy. In this case khameni needs to keep the IGRC and basij enforcement arms happy. I'm sure there are also other power bases in iran. But you can be sure if you are not a member of the ruling class and khameni wants you to disappear, you will disappear.

Maybe they saw we no longer have a Muslim sympathizer president (Obama) and Trump would be willing to wipe them off the face of the Earth.
See how easy it is to pull out a narrative more likely than yours.....seriously, does Chuck Schumer have his hand up your butt and is puppetting you?

Haha, wow you seem really miffed buddy. Why dont'cha grab a Snickers?
6ASfKu.gif

No he is not. Rouhani is THE choice of the political establishment in Iran. His job is to present the most useful face to the world to accomplish Iran's imperial goals. Trump may be a rich man who used politicians for his benefit but he is not the choice of a centralized political class.

We are not comparing iran to most muslim countries, we are comparing it to America, nice try at a bait and switch though.

He absolutely can rule just like a king. Few kings in history had absolute power, they had to take into account the interests of the aristocracy. In this case khameni needs to keep the IGRC and basij enforcement arms happy. I'm sure there are also other power bases in iran. But you can be sure if you are not a member of the ruling class and khameni wants you to disappear, you will disappear.

Iran playing 4D chess.

Haha, wow you seem really miffed buddy. Why dont'cha grab a Snickers?
6ASfKu.gif

Other than what you saying being completely stupid not really. I see that you are just trolling and not serious which is good. Didn't know if anyone actually took you seriously---I guess not.

Just really glad you were not going to try to argue with me.

You do realize that a muslim sympathizer would want to see Iran destroyed right? Good thing there isnt a muslim sympathizer willing to sell billions in weapons and getting pampered by a terrorist sponsor nation like Saudi Arabia.

That's an even taller order. From whom?
What countries have an interest in maintaining nuclear asymmetry in the Middle East? Israel and the United States. Besides, France has a track record of selling "everything but the bomb" kits.

Back