Hassan Rouhani annihilates Iranian hardline by 19 points in Presidential election.

Great news if true. Iran should be getting the support that the Saudis do.

Are you being sarcastic TS? No one even runs, much less wins, without the okay of the khameni and his two power bases in the guardian council and revolutionary guard. And LOL at rouhani being a "moderate". moderate is the role he plays in the theater of iranian politics. The man ran their nuke program and gave obama the cover he needed to insure that iran gets nukes.

As if the US wasnt controlled by elites filtering candidates.

Khamenei grip is not that powerful, he isnt KJU.

The president has no real power in Iran. The ayatollah has supreme authority in the nation.

Not that surprising, the (political) counter-revolution has been fomenting for a long time.
Most of the Iranian ex-pats I know (most of whom are Bahai) were talking excitedly about the possibility of returning to Iran... until the US invaded Iraq and the anti-western sentiment leapt ahead of the reform movement.

As if the US wasnt controlled by elites filtering candidates.

Khamenei grip is not that powerful, he isnt KJU.

Are you really drawing an equivalence here? Do you really think that Trump was a choice of American elites? LOL, go home you're drunk.

In Iran if you protest the regime there are good odds you will disappear. In America that is not likely to happen. In fact if you are protesting Trump the elite will hail you as a hero.

As to your second statement, the only question about the range of Khamenei's powers is how independently powerful is the IGRC after Ahmadinejads administration and after the crackdown of protests after Mousavi was sent packing in favor of rouhani.

But the people at the top all agree on the current format and deciding who gets to be the figurehead. No one is giving up velayat-e-faquih anytime soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2009/jul/29/iran-election-protest-dead-missing

Some-of-the-people-killed-001.jpg

A selection of those killed or arrested - and in some cases still in detention - since the 12 June presidential election in Iran. Photograph: Public Domain

I don't think anyone feels threatened by Trump except for people involved in active investigation against him.

Honestly reading most of the shit you post in the wr makes me believe you are hands down the biggest clown on the forum. There's a lot of others that dome close but you definitely take the cake.

Are you really drawing an equivalence here? Do you really think that Trump was a choice of American elites? LOL, go home you're drunk.

In Iran if you protest the regime there are good odds you will disappear. In America that is not likely to happen. In fact if you are protesting Trump the elite will hail you as a hero.

As to your second statement, the only question about the range of Khamenei's powers is how independently powerful is the IGRC after Ahmadinejads administration and after the crackdown of protests after Mousavi was sent packing in favor of rouhani.

But the people at the top all agree on the current format and deciding who gets to be the figurehead. No one is giving up velayat-e-faquih anytime soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2009/jul/29/iran-election-protest-dead-missing

Some-of-the-people-killed-001.jpg

In this case Trump is Rouhani.

Nobody is saying Iran is a true democracy, but its far more democratic than most muslim countries out there.

Khamenei cant just rule like a king, and its not like he intends to either.

I've never understood how people buy the "they'll use nukes" narrative. Do they really think the people who make that decision want to be annihilated? Because the only country to use a nuke on another is still the USA, over 70 years later. Even North Korea and it's batshit leader know what would happen if a mushroom cloud appears in Seoul.

The greater risk is of an individual or small cadre stealing a device and giving it to terrorists, but that would take a lot of trust and planning, that's why a stable Middle East would be so nice. Stable countries make rational decisions.
They may not use the nukes, but Saudi Arabia will take it as a go-ahead to develop their own and they can't be trusted at all.

They may not use the nukes, but Saudi Arabia will take it as a go-ahead to develop their own and they can't be trusted at all.
Even with all their money, SA doesn't have what it takes to produce the scientists necessary for a nuclear weapons program.

Honestly reading most of the shit you post in the wr makes me believe you are hands down the biggest clown on the forum. There's a lot of others that dome close but you definitely take the cake.

Xdldl.gif

The day Iran gets nukes is the day they become an ally to the West.
There is no way they use them against Israel it would be suicide all Iran wants is for the U.S. and Israel to stop assassinating their scientists and trying steal the oil fields.

The day they get nukes is the day that Saudi Arabia gets nukes. Then every other ME country gets nukes. And then we have nuclear armed Muslims all over the ME. That won't end well.

And since when have Muslims been worried about suicide?

Iran getting nuclear weapons would be a WW III inducing disaster. It's disturbing to see you and others downplay it because you're too scared to make hard choices.

I've never understood how people buy the "they'll use nukes" narrative. Do they really think the people who make that decision want to be annihilated?
Are you seriously trying to say that Muslims are averse to suicide attacks? What would make you think that?

It's precisely because so many Muslims have no regard for non-Muslim life and are willing to be suicidal that makes Islamic nuclear proliferation so dangerous. MAD may not apply to them.

Khamenei cant just rule like a king, and its not like he intends to either.

Well, legally he could if he wanted. The office of the Supreme Leader still hold veto power over any reforms the President might want, but I agree that with this strong victory by Rouhani, the ever-growing moderate faction, and the clear benefits of opening the door to the West means Khamenei and his Revolutionary Guards probably would sit back and allow some meaningful changes.

If not, the dude is still 78 years old. He's gonna kick the bucket sooner or later, and who ever get voted by the clerics to replaces him is unlikely to have his level of influence.

Who knows, with the way things progressing in Iran on the political side, we might even see pre-revolution Tehran fashion making their comeback in our lifetime. :D

iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islamic-revolution-iran-27.jpg

Well, legally he could if he wanted. The office of the Supreme Leader still hold veto power over any reforms the President might want, but I agree that with this strong victory by Rouhani, the ever-growing moderate faction, and the clear benefits of opening the door to the West means Khamenei and his Revolutionary Guards probably would sit back and allow some meaningful changes.

If not, the dude is still 78 years old. He's gonna kick the bucket sooner or later, and who ever get voted by the clerics to replaces him is unlikely to have his level of influence.

Who knows, with the way things progressing in Iran on the political side, we might even see pre-revolution Tehran fashion making their comeback in our lifetime. :D

iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islamic-revolution-iran-27.jpg
It would be good to see Iran back to pre revolution state but it can only happen if the the war mongers in Washington don't install another dictator.

The day they get nukes is the day that Saudi Arabia gets nukes. Then every other ME country gets nukes. And then we have nuclear armed Muslims all over the ME. That won't end well.

And since when have Muslims been worried about suicide?

Iran getting nuclear weapons would be a WW III inducing disaster. It's disturbing to see you and others downplay it because you're too scared to make hard choices.
Your Stupid is showing champ go watch Fox news it will help you calm down.

Your Stupid is showing champ go watch Fox news it will help you calm down.
You really think that nuclear proliferation in the ME wouldn't lead to horrible things? Why? I'm asking a question that I'm interested in a thoughtful answer for, not name calling.

It blows my mind that you and other people don't think that'd be a major problem. I'm legit curious about your viewpoint because I've never heard anything like it.

Are you seriously trying to say that Muslims are averse to suicide attacks? What would make you think that?

It's precisely because so many Muslims have no regard for non-Muslim life and are willing to be suicidal that makes Islamic nuclear proliferation so dangerous. MAD may not apply to them.
Meh, the guys that have nukes in the muslim world are not the kind that go around blowing themselves up. They are dangerous but they're still rational. Imbeciles like ISIS are usually not capable of running even a small country, they usually pick a fight with everybody and get destroyed, just like ISIS and the Taliban.
The guys at Iran are actually very pragmatic, they are allied with russia(christian), north korea(atheist) and sunni countries too.
As soon as Khomeni had a chance to get a peace deal with Iraq he did because he would lose that war, and they cower when America actually pushes them, because they know what will happen if they really go to war against the USA or Israel.

Meh, the guys that have nukes in the muslim world are not the kind that go around blowing themselves up. They are dangerous but they're still rational. Imbeciles like ISIS are usually not capable of running even a small country, they usually pick a fight with everybody and get destroyed, just like ISIS and the Taliban.
The guys at Iran are actually very pragmatic, they are allied with russia(christian), north korea(atheist) and sunni countries too.
As soon as Khomeni had a chance to get a peace deal with Iraq he did because he would lose that war, and they cower when America actually pushes them, because they know what will happen if they really go to war against the USA or Israel.
The risk isn't Iran having them. The risk is every other ME country getting them after Iran gets them.

The ME just isn't stable enough for that to not be a, literally, apocalyptic disaster.

Back