Hassan Rouhani annihilates Iranian hardline by 19 points in Presidential election.

carlos cadona

Opinions subject to change
Banned
Reaction score
Good, i wonder how Khamenei feels about it.

Always good to see.

If Iran is to change it has to come from within, not through "colour revolutions" or war imposed by the west.

It seems like the Iranian people are beginning to move in a different direction than Khamenei because his candidate got killed 57 to 38 at the polls. This also destroys the narrative that the Iranian people would back the hardline to counter Trump's policy like what happened under Bush.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irans-president-hassan-rouhani-wins-re-election-by-a-wide-margin/
Maybe the Iranian people saw the Iran nuclear deal as an olive branch and decided to take it by continuing to back Rouhani.

The hardliners have all of the real power though, and they won't give it up no matter who the people vote in. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the mullahs are happy that the people are voting for a president more in line with the west. It erroneously gives the impression that they are a democracy. It eases tensions while they pursue their ultimate goal of becoming a nuclear state and obliterating Israel off the face of the earth.

The hardliners have all of the real power though, and they won't give it up no matter who the people vote in. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the mullahs are happy that the people are voting for a president more in line with the west. It erroneously gives the impression that they are a democracy. It eases tensions while they pursue their ultimate goal of becoming a nuclear state and obliterating Israel off the face of the earth.

333.gif

I don't think they will obliterate Israel but they do in fact hold the power. The supreme leader and the revolutionary guards are the real power in Iran.

Iran is a much more open and democratic country than Saudi Arabia.
Saudis Arabia is the real threat in the region.

The day Iran gets nukes is the day they become an ally to the West.
There is no way they use them against Israel it would be suicide all Iran wants is for the U.S. and Israel to stop assassinating their scientists and trying steal the oil fields.

Iranian electorate >>> American electoral college

It seems like the Iranian people are beginning to move in a different direction than Khamenei because his candidate got killed 57 to 38 at the polls. This also destroys the narrative that the Iranian people would back the hardline to counter Trump's policy like what happened under Bush.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irans-president-hassan-rouhani-wins-re-election-by-a-wide-margin/

I don't think anyone feels threatened by Trump except for people involved in active investigation against him.

The day Iran gets nukes is the day they become an ally to the West.
There is no way they use them against Israel it would be suicide all Iran wants is for the U.S. and Israel to stop assassinating their scientists and trying steal the oil fields.

I've never understood how people buy the "they'll use nukes" narrative. Do they really think the people who make that decision want to be annihilated? Because the only country to use a nuke on another is still the USA, over 70 years later. Even North Korea and it's batshit leader know what would happen if a mushroom cloud appears in Seoul.

The greater risk is of an individual or small cadre stealing a device and giving it to terrorists, but that would take a lot of trust and planning, that's why a stable Middle East would be so nice. Stable countries make rational decisions.

I've never understood how people buy the "they'll use nukes" narrative. Do they really think the people who make that decision want to be annihilated? Because the only country to use a nuke on another is still the USA, over 70 years later. Even North Korea and it's batshit leader know what would happen if a mushroom cloud appears in Seoul.

The greater risk is of an individual or small cadre stealing a device and giving it to terrorists, but that would take a lot of trust and planning, that's why a stable Middle East would be so nice. Stable countries make rational decisions.

Terrorists will never be able to steal a nuke.

Maybe the Iranian people saw the Iran nuclear deal as an olive branch and decided to take it by continuing to back Rouhani.

I think inflation was something crazy like 70% before the deal. Our sanctions were destroying their economy.

Terrorists will never be able to steal a nuke.

Never is a big word, but I tend to think it is a very small chance. They wouldn't just run into a base and take one, but most of the governments in the area have a few sympathizers. I wouldn't let that small chance affect policy that affects the well-being of millions.

Never is a big word, but I tend to think it is a very small chance. They wouldn't just run into a base and take one, but most of the governments in the area have a few sympathizers. I wouldn't let that small chance affect policy that affects the well-being of millions.

Terrorist stealing a nuke would be like stealing a destroyer or submarine. At that point its not just a terrorist group anymore. Theyd need to either takeover the government or be given nukes and just giving them a nuke and trying to keep it a secret would be basically impossible. Its much easier and realistic for them to obtain a small dirty bomb or bio weapons

Are you being sarcastic TS? No one even runs, much less wins, without the okay of the khameni and his two power bases in the guardian council and revolutionary guard. And LOL at rouhani being a "moderate". moderate is the role he plays in the theater of iranian politics. The man ran their nuke program and gave obama the cover he needed to insure that iran gets nukes.

Does this mean our wrestlers can keep competing there? They were treated like celebrities at the world cup a couple of months ago.

As soon as Iran becomes a nuclear state. Saudis are buying nuclear weapons from Pakistan and having them shipped in.

Back